Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Training BLOG

you would too, if you were an insomniac like me, and worked a job where you had access to a computer all day... you should try it. Once you do, you'll see how easy it is to post from work and then late at night after class.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by Unmatchable
    I only train about 30 mins (if I get there late) to an hour and a half boxing or Muay Thai. I'm too lazy to take a bus to the gym even though I have a membership.
    This has got to be the first post you've ever made that I've been interested in... how long have you been boxing and doing mt?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Even since September here in Pasadena, Ca. I used to trian in Upland about 5 months before I started in Pasadena for about 6 months. Ive done a bit Judo and Japanese jiu jitsu before.

I wanna start training more but I don't drive and walking home or taking a bus is a drag.

Sprained my neck in class on Tuesday. More time off for me.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Since that post I've been laying off of that knee. I haven't been doing judo or bjj much, as they aggravate it. The doc says I've got a strained meniscus. That same week, I busted some blood vessels on the instep of my left foot. I go from rarely being injured to being a cripple in one week -wtf? The instep is fine now, other than a nasty contusion that will take some time to heal.

I've still been in the gym every day, and also I've been doing muay thai alot - it's only been boxing and a right knee though, as I can't kick with either leg right now and can't knee with my left. Coach is a buddy of mine, and if we train he doesn't charge me for a private, so we've been training a couple of time a week, outside of the normal class time. Here.s a regimen I've been doing when I train solo at home - we do something similar when we train outside of class:

3 rounds jumping rope

100 jumping jacks

run in place - 200 count

hindu squats - 50 reps

pushups - as many as possible in 1 min

stretch - 10 mins

shadow boxing - 3 rounds with 5lb wrist weights or dumbells. rest is active rest. After the first round, active rest is slipping drills. after the second round, active rest is ducking. after the third, pushups.

shadow boxing - 1 round without dumbells. active rest - hindu squats

shadow boxing - 2 round with dumbells. active rest - jumping up and down on the balls of your feet - jump as high as you can, working your calves.

skip knees - 2 rounds. active rest is footwork practice.

3 rounds jumping rope

10 mins ab work

stretch.

running through all of it takes almost an hour and a half.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/10

gym

chest / legs

in the gym, I thought I was tha man... I did a 20 rep set with 275. One thing I'm finding out is that those types of sets are mentally draining - physically, it wasn't so bad.

mt

I still can't kick with my left leg, but it will get there eventually. Actually, I can teep with it, just can't do much else. Hopefully my knee heals soon. Tonight, we did plenty of elbow / knee combinations and drills.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/11

gym

arms - excellent session. Gym was almost empty, leaving me with only air, opportunity and a chance to concentrate

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/12

gym

chest/back

short workout today, but it was very intense. I had to work efficiently, because I was short on time.

mt

big class, several newbies. Spent some time helping out with the new guys, lots of punching and 3 rounds of sparring at the end. After class, I did 4 rounds on the bag.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Here's the current regiment:

Mon: Gym day-Upper body and abs

Tue: Gym day-Lower body, abs, and 1hr bag work

Wed: Splashing Hands/recouperation

Thurs: Gym day-Upper body and abs

Fri: Gym day- Lower Body, abs, and 1hr bag work

Sat: Active day. Walk a couple miles, hike, or jog and Splashing Hands

Sun: Chill day

I work out about an hour and a half to two hours while at the gym depending on the day. I work at Bally Total Fitness so I usually work out on my lunch break (at 11:00pm). I'm starting up supplements next friday to help bulk up. We have 3 bags at work so I set them up and fight all three. No real martial training yet...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Where did you move to? Is there nothing in the area?

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/14

gym

legs/chest - I did a 20 rep set with 225, then did two more sets of 10 with 275.

on the bench, I did a 20 rep set with 135, followed by two sets of 245 and one of 225. the workout was short and sweet.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

5/15

MT

padworkd and sparring. We did several rounds of each, beginning the padwork with preset combinations and ending with spontaneously responding to what the feeder was feeding. Sparring was pretty light, but was heavy enough for me to pick up a few bruises.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Seven, I moved to Colorado. I've planned on visiting NP's school but have serious issues with rides and cash flow ( I get paid next friday).

I'm really missin' the martial arts scene and plan on paying for a month with my paycheck. The only problem is there is nothing but a bunch of TKD and American Karate schools in walking distance.

I'm interested in Taijiquan, seeing how thats what I plan to study when I return to Say Town. I'll be taking Chen Style Taijiquan under Sifu Sal De La Rosa.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

5/17

gym - arms

MT

neck wrestling and clinch work - plenty of it. plenty of padwork also. My right leg kick has improved immensely - maybe this injured left knee is doing me some good. After class, I did an extra seven rounds on the heavy bag.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter