Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Final Report/ Thank You All

The Willow Sword Guest

Yeah Gene

i thought that my final report stated pretty much all of what i wanted to state. but as always we gotta have more more more posts. it has been fun,
    but i think that once i get out of albuquerque and get to taos i wont really care too much anymore about who thinks what. my whole mission here is to establish good contacts with people and learn more if i can,,but i will continue to defend the system of SD against those who harshly
    judge. it is amazing to me for what are these sifus and teachers teaching thier students? to be dickheads? or to be so arrogant and stuck up that they cant respect something for what it is and leave it at that? My god what are these guys teaching thier kids/students? Well i for one am not going to impart this superior behavior on to my students,,i will teach them how they need to be taught,,,and that is to survive,,cultivate thier energy,,control thier emotions and to above all,,RESPECT AND BE HUMBLE.
    THAT IS ALLL I AM OUT!
    ill be in the internal sections of the forums from now on(its a better place in there)sometimes
    many respects, willow sword

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.

cho Guest

so guys, I think we've all learned a little lesson...

there's no point in arguing with loyal SD people.

we've presented facts, logical arguments (have to admit a few volatile ones)... hell, we've pointed Willow Sword in the direction to find his answers, but he seems afraid to walk that path by avoiding and ignoring every significant question that would put SD in the 'fraud' pile.

There's no point in talking to a person who can't listen.

shaolin_knight Guest
    Ok, the anti-Shaolin-Do people don't present good arguments. Ok. But the Shaolin-Do people don't either. (sometimes, both sides have something to say, but it's usually just kid fights.) Where is the martial in the martial art of Shaolin-Do? Art, yes, martial? It's the same with well respected Chinese arts sometimes. But guys, why don't you go to a Shaolin-Do forum? Or do you have a reason to be here? If you do, cool. If you just want to prove your art, prove it amongst your peers. We are not your peers, we practice something different. I don't go to Karate forums and say how good my Chinese Kung Fu is. They would tell me to go boost my ego somewhere else, and that Kung Fu is too soft. Ok, that's why they practice Karate, because they prefer it. So share with us, question us, but if you want a positive response to your art, then you will find it amongst your peers (other Shaolin-Do guys and gals).

Radhnoti Guest
    Shaolin_Knight my understanding is that TWS was new to the forum. Many on the boards trashed shaolin-do like it was common knowledge that it was "fake". He asked for any proof of lies, etc. He got a lot of opinions and no facts (I think I was the closest to posting a ****ing document...and it is unproven). This thread was his "summation".
    KFQ which hosts these boards has been kind enough to run an article or two from the SD perspective, showcasing beautiful pictures taken by our students of the shaolin temple. I've ordered weapons and uniforms from marital arts mart, as have my fellow students. That's why I post here.
    Now, just out of curiosity...what makes you think you have more right to be here than anyone else? :confused:

-Radhnoti

shaolin_knight Guest
    i'm just tired of seeing this thread on the top. As for the kung fu guys providing evidence, where's your evidence?

r.(shaolin) Guest
    At the end of the day the Shaolin-do people have made their point. There are literary dozens of Chinese martial arts traditions that either trace their lineage to Shaolin Temple or to systems that do. In other words there are Chinese martial art s that a re based on only a small amount of the original Shaolin repertoire with methods augmented by their founder's own experience and/or their imagination and inventiveness. In many and most cases subsequent generation added to the material in their re specti ve systems.

The result is a myriad of Chinese martial arts which have unique flavors and in many case have different emphasis and core basics. They, as well as most Okinawan
    systems, claim connection to Shaolin martial arts. In this sense Shaolin-do i s no different than Chen Taiji Chuan, Xingyi Quan, Hua Quan, LiuHe Quan, Tanglang Quan, PRC fighting monk style, etc. . . . and you can add to the list of well known systems, hundreds of lesser known systems.

There is a context to every system and that context shaped and formed these systems. Shaolin-do like PRC fighting monks style both have a modern context. In my opinion PRC fighting monks style is based on a context of' show and sport competition (and don't mean combat sport).'

Other contemporory systems focus on combat sport, and self-defense, police work etc.
    What Shaolin-do's focus is I cannot say, but it's not about dealing with deadly armed and una r med combat (which many traditional Chinese System did) - but then nether is PRC fighting monks' style which in that area is seriously flawed.

From what I've seen of them, the PRC fighting monks are superb athletes. But through n o faul t of their own, are practicing an art that was developed in another time with another context and purpose, abet in the same place that true fight arts were were practiced, improved and developed.

Well Shaolin do or for that matter PRC fighting monk' style survive in their present from? I don't know - time well tell.l

[This message was edited by R. on 06-24-01 at 10:44 AM.]

Radhnoti Guest
    R., I'd say that it might not be about fighting armed or unarmed YOUR way. Let's face facts, most our styles don't train regularly in modern firearms...that would be the deadliest form of combat today. Other than that I completely agree with you. :)

-Radhnoti

Fu-Pow Guest
    I just watched that Chen Taiji video. That is absolutely, categorically NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT CHEN TAIJI!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what the hell that was, but it does in no way shape or form resemble Taiji...Yang, Chen, Wu or Any other derivation? It violates every principle of Taiji. It looks like some sort of traditional folk dance mixed with yoga. Yes probably tough to do...because your body is not meant to move that way.....my GOD!!!!! :eek:

Fu-Pow

"If you are talking about sport that is one thing. But when you are talking about combat-as it is-well then, baby, you'd better train every part of your body" - Bruce Lee