Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What strategy would you use?

Question What strategy would you use?

Against this monster?

Butterbean

I think mine would be to run like he11!

Hit him in the throat.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Well, if I had to fight Butterbean, I think I'd probably try something similar to Marco Ruas vs. Paul "Polar Bear" Varelans. Guerrilla warfare with the low round kick to the thigh. Eventually, that leg couldn't support Varelan's weight anymore, and he just fell.

That said, Butterbean is probably a better puncher than Varelans. And I doubt I'd have the reach advantage on him. So staying at my kicking range might result in a knuckle sandwich for Ap.

I'd think about getting close and doing bodywork. But seriously, I've sparred a boxer about 6'5", maybe 250 lbs. Stayed close to him and worked the body. The success of that strategy can best be summed up as follows:

Once I backed him up against the wall and rained uppercuts into his ribs. His tall enough that I can't see his face. (My forehead is literally on his chest, and I'm 6'1".) But the people watching just start laughing. I'm guessing that he's up there just looking kinda bored. And that was about right. Afterward, though, he told me that he'd nearly thrown up his dinner down the back of my shirt.

So that was what passes for success in that case. Very nearly getting a shirt full of some dude's din dins.

After that, I did more headhunting. So that's my best answer. Go for the head. Go for the legs. Pass on the body.

Stuart B.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

p.s. That was a sports answer, assuming we were doing a ring event (since Butterbean's a ring fighter and all). In a non-ring event, I'd just fling a Portuguese-man-o-war at his head and then make a break for it.

lol at AP...

shaolin kungfu....could you find it?

I'd go for the throw (joking). I'd try to work the legs if I could avoid getting knocked out by one of his crosses.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Butterbean has a throat?????

Has anyone seen him fight?

I was just kidding about the throat thing. I'd have to get way too close to him.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

holy sh|t
    maybe thats what i would use

either that or the get on my knees and beg for mercy technique

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Good post Apowyn. I think I'd go for the legs as well. Watching Butterbean he doesn't seem to have the best technique, relying on haymakers, size and strength but he also seemed to be seriously resistant to pain and injury. I figure I'd try to headhunt as well but he'd probably laugh at my punches and feed me his glove.

I don't know about going for the throat. He has a neck like a telephone pole and it'd probably just ensure he really f'ed me up!

Has anyone seen him fight?
    I've seen some tapes and he is one viscious man. Guys that were bigger than him went down in seconds. He's also in Jacka$$ the Movie doing a "Department Store Boxing" thing with Johnny Knoxville. I've never seen Knoxville get hurt that badly either.

There's also a guy who steps in the ring with a light weight Muay Thai women's champion and she beat him down. I think it's coming out on video soon.

LOL@ dezhen2001
    Me too!

Thanks BKH.

I'd whack him with my crutches.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Originally posted by FatherDog
    I'd whack him with my crutches.
    That's Butterbean's weakness. Like wooden stakes to a vampire.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    It's behemoth's like Butterbean that keep me from entering Tough Man contests...no way in he ll I could beat him straight boxing !!!
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

would be a bit difficult to stick a crutch thru his heart though... 1) gotta get past that hard plastic stopper at the bottom of the crutch and 2) gotta find his heart

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.