Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Truth about John Keehan (AKA Count Dante)

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Well there ya go. Exactly the reason I wrote this book. Because what you wrote there is what most people (clearly including yourself) think they "know" about Keehan. This book gets past the surface & exposes the truth that you and many others would never know otherwise. I do find it amazing though how, especially as regards Keehan, many people prefer to be ignorant and believe a distorted image rather than to have facts or truth.

And as for ashida kim, well no one can help who tries to hijack their name for their own purposes after they're dead. Kim just tried to use Keehan's notoriety to sell his own BS.
    I'm sure you'll find an audience.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I'm sure you'll find an audience.
    Time will tell. Hey Gene! You should be selling this through your company!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Time will tell. Hey Gene! You should be selling this through your company!
    yes, lets hope it all doesn't boil down to dogs and lemon juice right.

lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ah the great karate hair dresser!

he was quite a interesting character

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

LOL! I love the comments I'm getting on Bullshido!

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=94351
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

There should be some sort of special award for being lectured by a Bullshido member that you should have expected trouble from the way you said something.

Does it feel like Bobby Brown, Whitney Houston, and Rick James took you aside and said, "Look man, you gotta quit the cocaine"?
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 03-03-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    There should be some sort of special award for being lectured by a Bullshido member that you should have expecteded trouble from the way you said something.

Does it feel like Bobby Brown, Whitney Houston, and Rick James took you aside and said, "Look man, you gotta quit the cocaine"?
    LOL! It's all good. As long as it has people talking about it (good or bad) well, that's cool by me...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Well, it sounds interesting, there were a lot of legends about Dante when I was a kid training in Chicago, and a lot of others doing the dojo busting as well.

But really, I hope you're at least secretly taking pride in the stiff lecture you received. It'll just be between you and me.

lol now i remember why i stopped going to bullshido....

sounds like a good read. i'll make sure and get around to picking it up at some point. is this only available through amazon or could i find it at my local gigantic book store?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Thanks! Yeah, it's really fascinating the reaction that this book is creating. In fact, someone on Bullshido had mentioned that the Amazon ranking at the time he checked it out (22,000) was impressive for it. I just checked the ranking again and it's now up to 10,000. Considering the millions of books which Amazon sells, that's pretty mind-boggling...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

lol well i made my first post on bullshido in your thread

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Greetings,

I would not call dante a Bruce Lee wannabe. By the way, Bruce choreographed the "Dance of Death" into the Game of Death. It was the empty hand sequence used by Dan inosanto. I have not compared to two, but I suspect that they have one person in common: the late Ed Parker. Some say that Keehan got that form from Parker and took it to the east coast. And in time it may come to light one day that many of those Lee-isms that we all are now so familiar with came from the mind of Ed Parker.

Good Luck with the book.

mickey

Thanks. Yes, I do also have some information on the Count Dante/ Ed Parker connection in the book. There were alot of different connections that people these days do not know about. The martial arts world in the US was MUCH smaller back then...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Thanks. Yes, I do also have some information on the Count Dante/ Ed Parker connection in the book. There were alot of different connections that people these days do not know about. The martial arts world in the US was MUCH smaller back then...
    no doubt it was just as insane though. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    no doubt it was just as insane though. lol
    No question there. The only people doing martial arts in those days (well, especially the late 50s into the 60s) were soldiers, cops, and azz-kickers of various sorts. One thing to be said in favor of that is that there weren't too many "paper tigers" around since anyone who put up a sign advertising martial arts instruction pretty much expected to have to deal with off-the-street challenge fights, and the cops were basically like "Hey, you're a Karate expert, you should be able to defend yourself...".
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust