Thread: The case meridian:Indian and Chinese.

Thumbs up The case meridian:Indian and Chinese.

Making it short-
    I understand while tcm holds 12 channels on average (all the way to 14) Indian seems to keep 24.
    Anyone have any insight to this?
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

HHmmm

TCM has 12 meridians and then 8 extra ones too. The 8 extra are seen as resevoirs to other 12 main organ meridians.
    There is no average amount in TCM there always is 12 and the 8 extra, there is no other option.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Thumbs up

I forgot about extra meridians,but to my understanding they are 6 (or do these relate to vessels) to sum up-whatever.
    How about Indian idea?

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Hmmm

Why do you say 6? There are both Yin and Yang Heel channels (thats 2) , Yin and Yang arm channels (another 2) and then the Ren and Du channels (front and back of body) and the last 2 are the Dai mai (girdle channel) and the Chong mai (the central channel) and that makes 8. So those 8 plus the 12 organ channels : Liver, Gall-Bladder, Heart, Small Intestine, Pericardium, Triple-Burner, Spleen, Stomach, Lung, Bladder and Kidney, makes a total of 20 for TCM.
    I am under educated within the Indian systems, I take it like the chinese with Triple-Burner they have aspects of the body which make up the other channels which do not actually exist as bodily material?
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Thumbs up Tricky!

OK.Thank you.

I guess Iīm a bit confused with all of these,considering the various explanations thrown around while mostly being aware of the basics.

-FC, summer of 2006-