Thread: Plum Flower Fist Form (CLF)

Plum Flower Fist Form (CLF)

Hi All,

I have the Choy Li Fut poster for the Plum Flower Form by Master Lee Koon Hung. I was currious if any one has a video clip of the form on the web or know where one exists. I would be nice to see the form in motion.

Also, I have a video of The Budha Palm. Does any one have any info on the form? I read that it is an old form and I think it said it is not common in CLF.

One more, is there much difference between the Kau Da forms in the various lineages. Not little changes that can be expected, but overall major differences.

Thanks
    Tom
    ________
    CREAMPIE GAY
    Last edited by tparkerkfo; 04-04-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Hey,

There is a video at

http://www.geocities.com/fuhokp/siumuifahqt.htm

Galadriel

you have siu muy fah kuen in the panther videos of gm tat wong.
    Last edited by GARRA DE TIGRE; 08-27-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Hi all. Now that you guys are discussing martial arts videos and posters and lets throw in books as well, I'm curious to know what the opinions are of all of you who have learned from this manner. Do you think that you are learning something of value or are you just imitating moves you see on a video or a book. I have some of the clf videos from Doc Fai Wong, Tat Mau Wong and Li Siu Hung and I think as far as referance material it is fine. I have been studying clf for about 5 years and I don't think that learning from these tapes are a good idea (for me that is) because I feel that there is something missing. Do you guys feel the same way or do you feel you get the full transmition of theory, alignment, focus and everything that you would get learning from a reputable sifu.

forms

generally. from what i have seen from all 3 branches is that there are a few noticable differences. of course the buk sing branch moves with northern flavor, hung sing moves very similar while the chan family uses a lot of heel to the ground with the toe pointed in the air. i have not seen that too much outside of their branch.

forms, unless you are from a specific lineage lets say lee koon hung, lau bun, or chan yong fa the basice pattern of sup jee will be noticed in the sup jee pattern, but the rest of the form will vary from lineage to lineage. each master will add his own ear mark. actually there is a lot of stuff i see chan clf do that no one else does, that doesn't mean that the other branches lack this it just means the chan family chose to develop their choy lee fut according to chan. the hung sing branch also has earmarks strictly hung sing and no one else. so does buk sing. that is why clf is so great but to fragmented with ego problems.

according to chan sings lineage the ggm taught jeong yim in and out ba kwa and was 3080 moves. chan sing broke that set into chung kuen, ping kuen and kou da. the in and out ba kwa was the most important set ching cho had to teach jeong yim. i really love buk sings kou da form. i have a buk sing elder carey wong performing this set in singapore and it was beautiful to watch. but different than that of fut san hung sings kou da.

anyways the sets differ from lineage to lineage where the sifus all add their own influence.

don t forget to jot ma!

learning from videos

learning from videos is like you said a good referance but when you get to a point where all you need to is look and you will understand what is being done is where you want to be. if you understand your clf you can pick up anything. but if you are from a specific lineage you may not know their execution, their point of view their reason for doing what they do.

but you can learn from videos you would just have to rely on your own experience and confidence. it can be done young jedi.

Thanks JM4E,

Thats how I feel. Although I see similarities in all the tapes I have there is enough of a difference that unless you are from that particular branch I feel you are missing something. I stick to what sifu teaches me. As far as branch differences, I notice that Lee Koon Hung style uses a lot of upper body power and a lot of double arm movement (poon kiu) while DFW uses single arm poon kiu and seems to be much softer.

AFAIK, heel to the ground to the air is only used in chin see ma, twisting horse.
    Also is used in some chi kung yin yang breathing exercises, but I don't think you are referring to it.

TOM,

Here is a fragment of moi fah from an argentinian master of name Anibal Tanus. He is from Fut San Hung Sing.
    http://www.sifutanus.com.ar/moyfa2.mpg

Thanks all for the info and links. Although I don't study Choy Li Fut, I do admire it when it is done well.

As far as books and videos, I think they are great for referece to go with your training. I study Hung Gar and Wing CHun and I have a ton of videos. I use them to see what other people are doing and just as entertainment in most cases. I enjoy watching them. Occasionaly I see something that I find intresting and worth doing. If you understand the system on the tape, you can usually pick things up quickly.

I also enjoy getting tapes on other style to educate myself on them. I don't try to "learn" the forms. Only to get a feel for them so if I see it on the streets durring a demo or at a tourny, I know what I am looking at. I also like to look for similarities and differences. I think it is good to be a well rounded and educated martial artist by understanding some of the other arts.

Just my thoughts
    Tom
    ________
    Weed vaporizers
    Last edited by tparkerkfo; 04-04-2011 at 05:50 PM.