Thread: resting during dead and bench: alternate or total 3 min rest?

resting during dead and bench: alternate or total 3 min rest?

in ptp it's advised to rest about 3 - 5 mins between sets. during this rest would it be alright to switch between dead and bench, or would that negate the purpose of resting?
    where's my beer?

In a recent MM publication Pavel suggests not to superset(i.e don't do another exercise while resting from another) even if you are doing different muscle goups.
    May all beings live in peace and harmony,
    May all beings live wisely,
    May all beings be enlightened.

Thumbs up

It is reasonable to rest for a few minutes but preferably not much longer since this would take the "tension" off you.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Dude, it's like this:

Deadlift, rest 3-5 minutes.
    Deadlift again, rest 3-5 minutes.

Bench, rest 3-5 minutes
    Bench again, done.

Sometimes you can do Bench first if you want.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Remember, one of the big P2P principles is that you never ever want to be fatigued when lifting the weights. That makes a lot of sense.

You are lifting or will be lifting very heavy weights some of the time. Injuries occurs almost always when you are fatigued. You have to do your reps slowly with perfect form. You cannot do slow and good form tired.

There is muscular fatigue, and overall system fatigue. Both the Bench and Deadlift use a LOT of muscle groups, and will fatiqued if you combine them instead of resting fully I would think. And although they use mostly different muscles, there is still some spill over, and you can get very tired from deads.