Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lets not f**k about

The vast Martial Arts wasteland of central US
    Originally posted by Laughing Cow
    1renox.

I get a feeling you don't have much life-experience.
    Does anybody? Life-experience must be defined in context of the subject. I don't have much experience as a Mandarin interpreter, but I'm a darn good programmer. I don't have much experience in politics, but I'm very good at public speaking.
    It is amazing to me that so many people "get a feeling" about something without knowing any facts.

I can appreciate Scythe's situation because I've been in a similar encounter. A logical person might say
    "Similar encounter" = life-experience.

The point is NOT not to fight but rather get beat up, but NOT to get into a situation where there is a need to fight.

Or to de-escalate the situation that there is NO need to fight.

I'll agree it is best NOT to fight. But sometimes you must.

NEXT time read what I wrote and don't read what YOU think I wrote.
    Your comment about women not being wanted to be acosted is a prime example of that.
    Perhaps I did misunderstand what your are trying to say.
    I guess I was going off topic.

Agreed, it's true most women don't like guys who fight a lot.
    I think a guy who likes to fight and looks for fights does his family a disservice by continuing that activity.

OK, three guys approach you in mall parking lot. They start making rude remarks about your wife and teenage daughter. Why? I don't know. What do you do? Talk them down? It happened to me. There was very little talk on my part, but they each apologized afterwards.

And off topic again: I think that a family man has a bigger obligation to handle situations quickly and decisively and if that means use of force then force must be applied.

On topic: I think use of force is justified even in matters of honor. I think in Scythe's case there is a matter of honor at stake.
    And please don't pull a quote from Bartletts.

Also your fighting strategy in your last posts shows your attitude and experience level in real life situation.
    And your level of MA experience too.
    In your case I think a RPG would be better suited than MA training for self defense.

My guess is you don't have a Family yet.

Cheers.
    I am a very blessed, happily married family man. Next to God, family is the most important thing in my life. I'm an MA student.
    I will always be a student. Of the few encounters I've faced, the first attack was the most important.

BTW, do you know where I can get an RPG?

OK, three guys approach you in mall parking lot. They start making rude remarks about your wife and teenage daughter. Why? I don't know. What do you do? Talk them down? It happened to me. There was very little talk on my part, but they each apologized afterwards.
    Ignore them. So far worked for me most of the times.

The other times I simply turned towards them and asked them if they want to make something out of it and if they were confident enough to take me out.

Most of those guys feel strong because they are in a group, they look deliberately for someone they think will not stand up to them. Ergo: Family people, elderly, minorities.

So you beat them up today, tomorrow they are at it again in a different location. Not worth it.

One of the best courses I ever took for SD purpose was "Self Assertivness", it really opened my eyes on how to deal with confrontations.
    And they work for BOTH peole that are either over-assertive or the opposite.

As for RPG's I think Iraqi has quiet a few they longer want or need.

Thanks 1renox, You had me LMAO, i was begninng to think everyone in here was against the way I had to deal with the situation. They talk of life experience... there is obviously very few in this 'STREET REALITY FIGHTING' section who have ever had any experience of the subject matter.
    I gave up bothering to try to explain my case to everyone when all the do-gooders started preaching at me about what a sh*t father I am.

Maybe i could have avoided the situation by hiding inside my house until the police got there while some idiot would have been trying to beat my door down. That is probably the way many pussies out there would have handled it, but thats not me, i would not be able to stop thinking about how my home had been invaded and i had done nothing to defend it.....sorry that would not sit well with my conscience!

All I can say to those do-gooders is this:

I hope you don't have to deal with a situation like this but if you do when you are lying on the floor pouring with blood with your a** kicked remember..... you are good person and your kids will respect you.

Maybe i could have avoided the situation by hiding inside my house until the police got there while some idiot would have been trying to beat my door down. That is probably the way many pussies out there would have handled it, but thats not me, i would not be able to stop thinking about how my home had been invaded and i had done nothing to defend it.....sorry that would not sit well with my conscience!
    Count me as a puss then, I'm under no illusions about honor. I would have gone with my training and sent the kids to a safe room and taken an advantageous position in case he got in. In other words a clear line of fire. The last thing I want to have in real life is a fair fight, I want all the advantages.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Count me as a puss then too.

F@ck honour, glory and the big Ball attitude.
    What would have happend if the guy would have stuck a knife into you, your Kids would have seen their TOUGH Dad bleed to death outside their House.
    All that touhg guy(Big balls) talk smacks of people that can't seperate their ego from real-life.

Guess what the Morgues and ER's are full of guys that refuse to be Pussies and wusses.

I am with rogue, first make sure that the kids are in asfe palce and that take up a position which is to your advantage strategic and legal.

Cheers.

Not taking any sides here...
    As far as waiting for the ***** outside...
    If I know Im fixin to have to fight, and someone is on the way to MY HOUSE to cause trouble, you are god d@mn right Im gonna wait outside to administer the beating out front, so I dont break any of the expensive @ss sh!t I have inside. But then again, I dont have children.
    As far as talking people down....
    Some times talking doesnt work, and the only way to quiet them up is a firm crack in the jaw.
    Blah.
    I dont go around beating people up. I just like to "**** in the wind" on occasion.
    (light a fire under some arses)

The vast Martial Arts wasteland of central US
    Interesting mix of attitudes here.

I've learned quite a bit from this discussion.
    One thing that keeps resounding is Scythe's original post when he said:

----------------
    "Theres tactics that are useful and lots of bull**** which is not. Why did all MMA guys start grappling? because thats the best way to win a fight without getting hit."
    -----------------

I've been toying with actually taking some ground fighting classes( as opposed to playing around ) and now I know I will.

Originally posted by 1renox
    ----------------
    "Theres tactics that are useful and lots of bull**** which is not. Why did all MMA guys start grappling? because thats the best way to win a fight without getting hit."
    -----------------
    1.) A good close-in fighter won't care that much about being taken down, you will eat his elbows and other various body-parts.

2.) Kicks to the head are more efficient if your opponent is prone on the ground.

3.) Takedowns and throws work best against untrained opponents as their inability to land correctly will do a lot of damage.

Just some views.