Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Shaolin

I've been here for most of the past 5 years and never even seen one of these "foreign experts" cards. I've heard of them and I think they may make it easier to get a visa but really all you need to continue to stay here year after year is a job. Teach English in a reputable school and they PSB will keep renewing your visa as long as you have a contract at a place legally authorized to employ foreigners.

That's the big catch. A lot of fancy private schools want to have foreign teachers to justify the outrageous tuition they are charging their kids rich parents. But there's an enourmous number of them that don't really have any offical authority from the PSB to employ foreigners. They won't tell you though. They will just tell you your visa is "no problem."

Which is only a white lie.....for THEM it really isn't a problem. So it's vital that you have a passport with a work visa in your hands before your first day of work.

No visa---no workee...

It doesn't matter if classes start tommorow and the visa will take a week. There is an official 500 yuan/day ($40) fine for working illigally (without a visa). Any and all work you do for the school .. . if they don't want to pay you and you worked illegally then you have no recourse. If you tell the PSB/police you have just told them that you commited a crime during your stay in China.

The thing a lot of people don't get....and I chalk it up to American/western arrogance...is that this time YOU are the Mexican in LA with no green card. A lot of people are too flip about the regulations. Everyone kisses your a$$ because you are a westerner but that doesn't mean the police have to kiss up. The respect should go both ways. Their laws AFAIK, regarding illegal work/immigration are no more draconian than ours in America.

You just need to remember you are still a GUEST in someone elses country.

Bl tells me she sited and was issued her red card ( foreign experts permit) way back when she was legal and had it proccessed concurently with her visa extension before the b*stards revoked both when they failed to pay and the embassy advised her to leave. Again with the guanxi!

There are alot of advantages of the red card ( F.E.P) like special treatment and privliges but often schools will go ahead and process one, but unless you do a ninja on admin the filing cabnet ( which I've heard embassies advise before in guanxi / contract breackdowns) you'll likely just never see it.

good post btw. Informative and accurate. nice work

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    Bl tells me
    You mean you told yourself?

It's funny how the two trolls merged into one mega-troll and nobody is doing anything about it.

No . I mean that BL has beeen banned and anything she has to ofeer will be passed on via myself. The mods are aware we are in close contact and apparently aren't convinced it's so terrible.

EE

It's funny how the two trolls merged into one mega-troll and nobody is doing anything about it.
    I've been thinking the same thing...

Ego has been on my ignore now though, I think since post like 10 or something.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

like......like........

fair enough Mr . Oh so learned and studious NP

great academic thought transmission btw. again

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    like......like........

fair enough Mr . Oh so learned and studious NP

great academic thought transmission btw. again
    Wow, Michelle, you're trying to berate someone for their lack of academic ability in transmitting their thoughts via an internet forum? A new level of arrogance!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Well either way, if you want academia just ask. I'm sorry I don't have a list of credentials posted every other time someone disagrees with me, however, I do enjoy discussion, and I've felt that I've been fairly open minded with the people here. Some, while they portray the holier than thou, actually do say something from time to time that strikes me as humbling, you on the other hand, I only see a few things now from time to time because people will quote you, there is a reason I put you on my ignore list, and this is exactly why. When something scholarly is asked of me, I'll do my best within time constraints to figure it out and reply accordingly, but when some makes a note of the blatently obvious, and I agree, and I feal like posting, than I figure why not, and post something. I'm sorry too if you do not get sarcasm, I guess it is a US thing more NY than anything else which has gone so far over your head so many times it isn't even close to funny anymore.

My point, not that I'll figure that you'll really get the meaning of this, is you'd prob. still be here under your other alias if others had ignored you as I have. I've had to wade through you drivel now for a while, posting non-coherent thoughts for the last few months to gain a few morsals of good discusion from some that I enjoy conversing with. Now that half of their posts are filled with crap debating you over nothing, it seems that some things have gone down hill. So, to Ego, BL and all that jazz, have fun trying to figure out that Dim Mak is just giving someone a charly horse, and don't get offended that I don't read your posts... it's better I don't, I don't want to be too academic for you. Oh, and on top of all that rant right there:
    1. You don't know me.
    2. You don't know what I know.
    3. Get over yourself.
    4. Great grammar skills on a "academic" dis.
    5. Learn to be humble, you might just learn something.
    6. If you'd like to know my credentials, just ask, don't try to call me out on **** you don't know.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

A. humble is reading the trolls and fronting anyway
    B. if you ignored me how the hell'd you know what to respond to
    and C. on grammar who gives a toss, but since you claim in yourself import the great academic head, I just expected better for all your BL typing and grammar comments.you're not half what I thought

Ps: read your creds prior and that was why you had the measure of respect you did. Are you sharing an account with Serpent by chance??

and aint infamey a b*tch!

I don't know where you put that comment NP , re-: "keep thinking dimmak blah blah blah" , but I tell you friend, keep thinking it doesn't because you don't even know what you're not defending!! Pay "dimmak " or don't but when you relate it to chin na concepts, crux is boy, you don't know where it's coming from and you don't know where it's likely to connect! Gotta love an Ego!
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-22-2004 at 01:52 PM.

" don't where you put that comment NP , re-: "keep thinking dimmak blah blah blah" , but I tell you friend, keep thinking it doesn't because you don't even know what you're not defending!! Pay "dimmak " or don't but when you relate it to chin na concepts, crux is boy, you don't know where it's coming from and you don't know where it's likely to connect! Gotta love an Ego!"

Sure because Gene lets you post under Ego's name. Problem is you are completely unintelligable. You're turning into a rambling, blithering nutbag, Michelle. You might want to seek professional care. After all, "crux is boy"(!?)

Buddy,

Dim Mak is what makes shaolin kung fu so strong. They have internal, external, acrobatic and dimmak / chi projection skills. They combine physical training with intense meditation.

There is no Michelle around here. I think the skitzophrania is getting to you. Why are you following me around.

"Dim Mak is what makes shaolin kung fu so strong."

No, it isn't. Jibengong is what makes any system strong. Certainly not a technique that may or may not work. For instance there is no circumstance in which you could use it on me without me completely destroying you.

"They have internal, external, acrobatic and dimmak / chi projection skills."

qi projection skills, Luke?

"They combine physical training with intense meditation. "

And that makes it unique how?

"There is no Michelle around here."

Sorry I meant Blewme.

"I think the skitzophrania is getting to you"

Jeez and I even spelled it for you.

dim mak is just fancy jibe for cavity striking, Gene's not even in the country let alone work , schitzophrenia comes with an "e" and you still don't have a clue where it's coming from nor aimed at!
    Last edited by Ego_Extrodinaire; 10-22-2004 at 01:57 PM.

"dim mak is just fancy jibe for cavity striking,"

And your point is? Everyone knows the word Bloomie.

"schitzophrenia comes with an "e"

you spelled it wrong again, Sherlock.

"and you still don't have a clue where it's coming from nor aimed at!"

I know you couldn't use it a real situation, just in your tiny mind.

Buddy,

People who underestimate dim mak leacve their "cavities" exposed. They may think they can come in with hard punches and high kicks only to be stopped by a precision strike.

In the military you can send in a platoon with M16s with air support to take out a high valued target, eventually making a mess of things. Or you can send in a lone sniper who's philosophy is one shot one kill. Dong Ma?

EE