Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cho family wing chun

hendrik!!! incredible. thanks for sharing. if everyone contributed in the same manor we may actually be able to make some progress in understanding the "original training purpose"of slt.
    many wck families use the low stance......gwai mah is an extension taught in the sup yee san sik of sum num.
    yip man was known for being very skilled at this very important motion(using it against an attaker in public), and taught it as a san sik. im sure koolo has a version of this as well (i dont know this to be fact..but....L.J passed on a very complete wck in koolo, imo, and from my limited exposure).
    i am intrigued by the cho family use of the pin sin/side stance......it looks more like how koolo uses the side body theory....vs. how y.m family uses it (faceing shadow).
    b
    "i see thy nose, but not what dog to feed it to" othello

Thanks Byond1,
    certainly sharing honestly is the key. WCK is WCK. nothing more or less original... nothing is oldest. IMHO.

As for Wong Kiew-Kit or Y Wu who wrote his chapter in Complete WC. and mention my sigung's name. I would say they have thier own right to have thier own style. A free world.
    Last edited by Phenix; 04-06-2003 at 08:11 PM.

Hendrik,

Wow, imagine that, it actually looks like WCK! LOL!

Originally posted by reneritchie
    Hendrik,

Wow, imagine that, it actually looks like WCK! LOL!
    unfortunately a lot of "WCK" out there doesnt
    Travis

structure in motion

TjD,

Very true. Hopefully now that many branches in China have been better exposed here in the West we can look at them, see how close they still are at the core, and realize what WCK traditionally looked like, and then that won't be a factor any more. (People will have to show how different approaches are practical, not just "secret older" versions - go meritocracy!)