Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "I don't need any lessons in patriotism by the likes of Tom De Lay" - John Kerry

An interesting note on that:

Of all of the folks that served in Congress, according to a source I heard today, NONE of their children ever served in any form of combat in Viet Nam.

NOW...of all of those in Congress, only ONE soldier serving is the child of a person in Congress.

Nice to see how much ALL of them believe in the value of their wars.

Let's send YOUR child but not mine seems to be the approach.

That's EXACTLY what I mean when I say "chickenhawks."
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

A certain man returned from Vietnam and burned his medals at an anti-war protest. When he later ran for Congress and he couldn't get votes because of that incident, he claimed that they were someone else's medals, and he wouldn't dream of diminishing the honor of serving his country.

I don't worry about disagreeing with two-faced people like that... I figure, eventually they'll turn coat and agree with me (at least for a while)!