Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Point striking

Cool. I might check him out.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Back on topic...

Do you have to factor in the different time zones for those charts? I mean, midnight here ain't midnight in China...

Really, does time of day really factor in or is it just martial myth?

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Mighty B

That's a good question.

I don't have a clue about an answer though. Several thoughts came to mind but not enough to make sense as an answer.

Is there a 'cosmic' time clock that the conventional times are compared to for the 'real' time that it is effective to strike those points?

I also think that the points can be strike at any time and create a blockage that may not be noticed, in the short term, until the cycle comes around the body to that point. But, long term, any blockage will start to cause issues in it's associated organ systems.

DISCLAIMER
    The above reply only illustrates my poor understanding of some of the point striking theories. I make no claims to being able to do it and don't include this in my training.

"George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

the three tenets of kung fu - hard work, discipline, and skill

Wasn't Romel a German Tank Commander in Africa during WWII?

Cool, never read about his kung fu training.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

6. Thumbs up

"Really, does time of day really factor in or is it just martial myth?"
    Both might do,will have itīs naysayers.
    There really,really is a big thread or two on this subject that I have posted if they are still stored.
    Theoretically,the power of the strike if strong should compensate.

To get back at the roots,since the original question was on "vital points" (too tired to start breaking verbal bits and bolts down) but if what Iīd call "real world" physiology supports the attack,then there will be no doubt it will work and mostly regardless of time being.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Re: Back on topic...

Originally posted by MightyB
    Do you have to factor in the different time zones for those charts? I mean, midnight here ain't midnight in China...

Really, does time of day really factor in or is it just martial myth?
    I have also heard that for some systems you also have to factor in which hemisphere you are in

I think the issue of time etc depends on the system. My sigung used to teach a system that was not time dependent.

The time thing is local as I understand it - it is based on the cycle of your body's energy through the day, and how to disrupt it. Raises an interesting question - what if you try it on someone who is still jet lagged?
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

or someone who just transporter beamed in from Venus.

The time thing is local as I understand it - it is based on the cycle of your body's energy through the day, and how to disrupt it.
    That is my understanding from Sifu. Though I'm not into it enough yet to bother with times etc. I like to stick to - ok I hit you here you hurt alot and/or fall down.....

Lowlynobody.

so, chi movement through the meridians is somehow controlled by the sun?????? or, rather light/dark intervals????

what's that chemical that you can take if you work 3rd shift so you can sleep better during the day??

and how does that potentially tie in the the legends of the monks retreating to caves for years and years?? were they 'beating the system' so to speak??

11. Thumbs up

Humans actually have biological clocks and circadian rhytm.
    The difference is that these are not made up.
    A flick at a nerve that exists in there will hurt regardless.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

and how does that potentially tie in the the legends of the monks retreating to caves for years and years?? were they 'beating the system' so to speak??
    I think it potentially doesn't. Indeed, perhaps they were just trying to get away fom people asking stupid questions? Maybe so...

13. Thumbs up

lol

-FC, summer of 2006-

LOL, probably getting away from all the acolytes.

ok...

yes, humans have biorythms and circadian rythms (what's the difference) but what regulates those rythms?

and nerve strikes and 'point' strikes are two different things, are they not??

Originally posted by Oso
    LOL, probably getting away from all the acolytes.

ok...

yes, humans have biorythms and circadian rythms (what's the difference) but what regulates those rythms?

and nerve strikes and 'point' strikes are two different things, are they not??
    I don't know what regulates the body rhythm, but I would suggest that it could be the pattern of sleeping and waking, or maybe the moon? I don't know enough about it to say. Maybe someone like Repulsive monkey could help us out as this really is getting into the realm of TCM.