Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian tradition that all should adopt.

Asian tradition that all should adopt.

I'm not afraid to admit that SARS scares the crap out of me. I've visited both the CDC and WHO websites to read up on it. It seems to be spread through droplets and direct contact with infected people and objects. The virus survives for three hours, so, if somebody who's infected sneezes on a doorknob, it's lethal for three hours. So wash your hands often and never put your hands near your mouth without washing them.

So what "tradition" am I talking about adopting? It's the Asian method of bowing for introduction. The handshake is now lethal. A handshake can kill you. You may wash your hands religiously, but what about that other schmuck. Seriously, if you ever had to use a public restroom, handshaking would scare you anyway. Most people don't wash. It's friggin' gross, they're pigs and they're proud of it. Anyway, let's drop the unnecessary body contact and just bow like the Asians used to.

I must sound like a germaphobe, but dying from suffocation because you cough too much really sucks. That's how SARS victims die.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Latest research suspects that it might be carried via ****roaches as well as be air-born.

And that like with AIDS that there might be carriers that do not develop the sickness themselves.

BTW, so far Japan has NO confirmed cases.

No problems with bowing, already shook too many limp wet-rag hands.
    Witty signature under construction.

Something else asians do more than the rest of us is wear those surgical masks when they are sick. That ssounds like it could be helpful too.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

i survived cancer so i think it would be really funny if i were to only die to some new super virus a couple months aftewards.
    where's my beer?

Getting SARS doesn't mean automatic death. It kills at a high ratio, but its still 2700 infected to 60 or so deaths.

Currently a 4 % death rate. Marginally more dangerous than crossing the road.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

If you are meant to die you will so why worry so much, all the worrying is killing you

Yep: human race... everyone loses!

100% death rate!!!

Then back to the essence... doesn't matter!!!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I have a friend who went back to Taiwan to take care of her father. She doesn't go out much because of the SARS epidemic. She was telling me by email that she feels confined to her house.

Hopefully she'll be okay and get back here soon. This is getting to be a serious thing.

****ing diseases.....

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

11. Thumbs up

Koreans,Japanese and Chinese do all shake hands in general basis.
    Westernization

1 Finnish has died of SARS so far.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Just remember what ol' Hank Williams said...

You'll never get out of this world alive!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Currently a 4 % death rate. Marginally more dangerous than crossing the road.
    *LMAO*
    "Face it. People are fukked. Why would you want a career helping anyone? Go find a mountain and farm sheep for a living." - Serpent on Personal Training

"Its a cool show, but I think this young super man is a very stupid mother ****er." - yenhoi on Smallville

"They could have had the tagline "Watch Joe Millionaire. More stuff will happen," and they'd have been there." - eulerfan on TV watching Americans

"Anyway, I used to pick girls up all the time in the gym when I was in college. We'd hang out until the aerobics classes ended, and then swoop in while all their endorphins were still pumping.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel." - ghthomason on dating

"I would say that there is a greater chance of a paper dog catching and asbestos cat in hell, while in the lost city of Atlantis, Elvis and Ghengis Khan are using butterfly nets to catch the opera-singing monkeys flying out of my butt, but that implies there's still a chance." - Starboy on optimism

Once you start running from danger, you may never stop.

Running is dangerous.