Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asian tradition that all should adopt.

Agree about the handshake, and also take those shoes off before you enter the home.

Taking off shoes will only spread more germs.

KC: what if you just stepped in a steaming pile of SARS?

One custom we should not adopt: "Village" style dental work.

I had no idea SARS formed into piles. This is getting worse.

BTW, what's the scoop on that flesh eating disease? Should I be worried?

Smile

Interesting about the roaches. If true it will be the only disease they have been known to carry surprisingly enough.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

sound's like BS where did you read this?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

7. Thumbs up Kristoffer

It was in the news.
    Should have been in Swedish news too Iīd think.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Darn, I thought this thread was going to be about foot binding.
    No brag, just fact.

9. Thumbs up

No more foot binding.
    No more pain and deformed bones.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

I got news for you about the "srugical masks", they aren't just worn by the sick people. In wintertime in Xi'an, all sorts of folks wear them. Mostly because the air quality sucks so bad wiht all the dust blowing in of the northwestern plains and all the coal being burned for warmeth and for hot water. Furthermore, those little "surgical masks" keep your nose warm and keep your lips from getting chapped by the cold dry air. They sell them on the street often with cute little mickey mouse designs or teddy bears printed on the front. I kept laughing at them all winter long my first year there. By the second year, I was wearing one myself, especially if I need to go somewhere on my bycycle in winter, otherwise the dust and traffic fumes leave me with a runny nose by the time I get to work every single time.

Former castleva - oh I just read something about it. sorry
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I guess bowing would make sense if you never sparred, grappled, or touched each other in class in any kind of way whatsoever and just stayed in your own little world doing forms.

I will skip the bowing.
    Regards

What was that about? Bowing doesn't preclude any of those things.

It's about not shaking hands so to not get a disease right?

Don't people in training use those same hands to strike and grapple with each other in class?
    Regards

Oh, see I wasn't relating it to training. I thought he was saying just bowing instead of hand shaking in general.