Thread: never vomiting

never vomiting

not the most pleasant of topics, but i haven't vomited since i was 12 -- about 13 years ago. i rarely get that nauseous feeling like i might want to chowder, and when i do, it's very mild and never amounts to anything coming up. i have had my share of unpleasantries on evacuation out the backside, much of that dealing with a less than ideal diet. however, i've had food poisoning a several times and even was one of the lucky beneficiaries of jack in the box' e. coli-tainted meat back when i was 14. however, through five days of abdominal hell (****ting blood every hour or two) from the e. coli and everything else, i've never yarfed.

is this a bad thing?
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Sounds like you would be a roller coaster hero
    ***SONIC KICK***

went to college… never drunk much huh??? I cant see what kind of problem it would cause….
    "pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

nah, never drank much in college -- never in quantity to give my liver a workout, much less my diaphragm.

what i'm worried about is that yarfing is the natural reflex to get rid of ungoodness before it can cause problems inside. if i don't yarf up the ungoodness, then it works it's way through my system, possibly botching up something important, before it becomes a rocket out my backside.

and i'm fine on roller coasters, but i have an irritating fear of heights. not one to make me nauseous, but one to make me frightened and, at times, angry.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Only time I used to throw up was when my stomach ulcer gave me severe problems.

Threw up once in my life from drinking too much and that was about 13yrs ago.

Cheers.

I've never heard of not vomiting being a bad thing. I mean, there are some situations where you should induce vomiting (certain kinds of poisoning, etc.) but if you ingest something and don't yak, that's your body's way of telling you "Hey, not bad!". As for going such a long time without yakking, I don't think it's a big deal. I haven't hurled in quite a while either (probably 7 years or so to be exact). Actually it was the first time I was seriously drunk (2 day hangover drunk). I also haven't gotten hungover since either, and that's definitely not a bad thing.
    "Face it. People are fukked. Why would you want a career helping anyone? Go find a mountain and farm sheep for a living." - Serpent on Personal Training

"Its a cool show, but I think this young super man is a very stupid mother ****er." - yenhoi on Smallville

"They could have had the tagline "Watch Joe Millionaire. More stuff will happen," and they'd have been there." - eulerfan on TV watching Americans

"Anyway, I used to pick girls up all the time in the gym when I was in college. We'd hang out until the aerobics classes ended, and then swoop in while all their endorphins were still pumping.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel." - ghthomason on dating

"I would say that there is a greater chance of a paper dog catching and asbestos cat in hell, while in the lost city of Atlantis, Elvis and Ghengis Khan are using butterfly nets to catch the opera-singing monkeys flying out of my butt, but that implies there's still a chance." - Starboy on optimism

You won't have to worry about aspirating vomit.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Same here. I can remember distincly the last time I puked that wasn't alcohol-related. I was 10 and it was food poisoning from the Lotus Blossum. I'm 25 now and can count on one hand the amount of times I threw up from drinking, and I used to party hard. Dunno. Guess some people just don't loose their lunch.

You know, there have actually been studies conducted that show a possible resistance some people have to the negative effects of alcohol consumption. These studies focus on the higher rates of alcoholism in people with ancestry in the British Isles (England, Scotland, Ireland). The theory is that there is a genetic or evolutionary mechanism that gives people of these ancestries resistances to hangovers. By not having hangovers, the people don't have as strong of a deterrent from excessive drinking, so a predisposition to alcoholism develops. Interesting stuff...
    "Face it. People are fukked. Why would you want a career helping anyone? Go find a mountain and farm sheep for a living." - Serpent on Personal Training

"Its a cool show, but I think this young super man is a very stupid mother ****er." - yenhoi on Smallville

"They could have had the tagline "Watch Joe Millionaire. More stuff will happen," and they'd have been there." - eulerfan on TV watching Americans

"Anyway, I used to pick girls up all the time in the gym when I was in college. We'd hang out until the aerobics classes ended, and then swoop in while all their endorphins were still pumping.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel." - ghthomason on dating

"I would say that there is a greater chance of a paper dog catching and asbestos cat in hell, while in the lost city of Atlantis, Elvis and Ghengis Khan are using butterfly nets to catch the opera-singing monkeys flying out of my butt, but that implies there's still a chance." - Starboy on optimism

i havent done that for a while either buddy... i guess sometimes people are more tolerant to things than others. if you have a good immune system and all i think you can tolerate much more scum than others.

As far as drinking - i havent drunk alcohol since i was 14 (im a Scot)

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.