Thread: OT: Chinese character vector graphics?

OT: Chinese character vector graphics?

Anyone here know how to create vector graphics (such as Windows Metafiles, .WMF) of Chinese characters, on a Windows PC? Or do you know a website that hosts some?

If you have a vector program and you're good with a bezier curve tool, you can trace the charcters easily.

vector from what?

Are you looking to convert bitmap images (perhaps scanned, etc) into vector? I've developed a good method for doing that sort of thing, so if you don't have TOO many to convert, I'd be happy to convert them for you.

pm me for more details if ye're interested!

good luck
    herb ox

I don't have bitmapped versions, and I'd prefer not to draw them myself.

I know there are Chinese programs that output text as vector graphics...are there any actual Chinese people on this forum?

There's thousands of chinese characters, chances are you won't find all of them for download in vector for free. You could probably find some popular/common ones around on the web- try looking for chinese character tattoo art, or chinese clip art.

But if you want to say somethin' in particular...

You can scan a hard copy and trace it in a program like CorelDraw, Illustrator, Freehand, or Flash.

Or you can install a chinese font (called CLKs, you'll need to be able to read and construct chinese phrases). Check here for fonts. there's free ones around. Programs like the ones I listed will convert fonts to outlines (vector).

-C