Thread: kenshin what is possible

kenshin what is possible

which moves is possible/believable from the kenshin series
    like would it be possible to do his succesion techinique or
    does saitoh's gatatsu stances and applications exist
    death doesn't end life i do

That something for the Otaku boards.

There seem to be a lot of decent moves. I am not sure of Japanese sword techniques, just read a book or 2.
    ***SONIC KICK***

The reverse blade that Kenshin uses is an interesting concept. It'll make the sword sickle-like, and actually make blocking and parrying easier. I don't know about actual cutting though.

Kenshin's blade wasnt made to kill people, but if he messes up he is supposed to be hurt. I forget which episode they said something like that.
    ***SONIC KICK***

I find it noble to not have the sharp end pointing at the enemy.
    But I fine it rather stupid to have it pointing at himself during a fight

E-Budo has a sword arts forum, post the question there.
    I have a signature.

St jean sur richelieu (Montreal south shore)
    kenshins hiten mitsurugi ryu is made up.. but based on real kenjutsu if you check saito hajime and his gatotsu stance i believe its derived from jigen ryu an actual style that relies on bigger then katana swords (ie. nodachi) go to www.koryu.com for info on actual ryu's of the katana... and im not sure but i think that the sakabattou (reverse bladed sword) actualy existed at some point in japans history. hmmm

about saito.. i dont remember his actual name but most kenshin characters are made from real swordsman... he was a third division leaderin the shinsegumi (for a movie about those watch taboo lol) and kenshin is based on the hitokiry from his time genji something lol

anyways my jap history isnt that great.. i know this stuff from kendo and hanging with samurai/ninja fanatics. oh.. and sword.ne.jp great site for japanese swordsmans go check it out lol lots of peopel ask about kenshins sword techs

hope i helped somewhat

Peace!