Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hate Crime at a local school..

illegal firearms are fairly easy to get.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

High School Kids, you need to be 21 to buy and carry a handgun.
    SanSoo, if you recall, you asked a rhetorical question about what we would do as martial artists if we found ourselves in similar circumstances:

How would a martial arts take this situation, if you were trapped and could NOT run?
    Personally, I would start sending rounds down range.
    "Not to tire of learning is wisdom; not to weary of teaching is benevolence." -- Tzu-kung

depending on the state you may or may not be able to legally carry a handgun.

a handgun might help, then again you may just get shot with your own gun.

If I remember right the average person can cover 21 feet in about 1.5 seconds, can you draw your handgun, accrurately aim it and shoot a target that is moving in that time? I bet most people can't.
    Mack 10 just got out of court,
    rollin through tha hood in his super sport ropin Too $hort.
    Eighteens got tha rearview mirrors vibratin

a gun might improve someones chances of surviving such an encounter, then again I think it depends on the level of training the individual has. a handgun isn't a magic solution in and of itself.

Originally posted by Fred Sanford
    a gun might improve someones chances of surviving such an encounter, then again I think it depends on the level of training the individual has. a handgun isn't a magic solution in and of itself.
    Agreed, a gun is only as effective as the person wielding it.

Plus, there might be situations when you cannot draw, aim and shoot your gun safely or got enough room/space to do so.
    Too many people rely too heavily on their firearms as a deterent or a final means of ending a confrontation.

Rely on anything too much and you will suffer for it.

Example:
    Above scenario you are facing multiple attackers with baseball-bats.
    Guaranteed one of those guys will take out the wrist of the hand holding the gun, if you got a shot off and wounded/killed on of theirs your chances of surviving the confrontation just drastically lowered.
    Those guys didn't assemble there to play patty-cake, they most prolly are hyped up under the influence and wanting to stomp someone.

Cheers.

What happens if you pull out your gun and then the five guys (that were only going to beat you) decide to pull out their guns too?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Fred, I completely agree. A firearm is a tool, and the utility of a tool is directly related to the skill of it's wielder.

What happens if you pull out your gun and then the five guys (that were only going to beat you) decide to pull out their guns too?
    Serpent, until I complete my Jedi training I have absolutely no way of reading their minds. How could I possibly know if they were only going to "beat" me?

Lets say I could read their minds. Which alternative is preferrable? If they're only going to beat me I should just lay down, curl up, and hope they don't cripple me? LOL!

"Please Mr. Criminal, I don't want to do anything that might aggravate you!"

If you think about it, if they are coming at me with bats it's because they assume I'm not armed - or else they would already have me at gunpoint. Let's assume they have a gun or two themselves. If I draw and start sending rounds down range I can potentially start maneuvering for an escape in the ensuing chaos while they are ducking for cover and trying to reach their own weapons.

It's called "gunning and running".
    "Not to tire of learning is wisdom; not to weary of teaching is benevolence." -- Tzu-kung

5+ guys with bats and golf clubs I'm pretty sure that you would have legal justification for defending yourself with a handgun. so at the point where you decide your life is in danger and draw, you should already be pulling that trigger.

Guaranteed one of those guys will take out the wrist of the hand holding the gun, if you got a shot off and wounded/killed on of theirs your chances of surviving the confrontation just drastically lowered
    that's not a guarantee by any means. close quarters you would certainly be in serious trouble if outnumbered by that much.

ever see combat style shooting? it wont' be just one shot and you don't stand still like a dummy. double tap to the body(hopefully the heart) and 1 to the head while moving.

to me that's a moot point. if I pulled a gun i'd be shooting the split second i see that front sight post.

Smile

Heck, there are people that can empty the clip into target in a five inch circle and reload in 1.5 seconds. I tell anyone that owns a firearm for selfdefense that they need to go to the range a minimum of ten times a year to practice. That's if their already competant. When I managed a sporting goods shop I would not sell a firearm to a novice (my legal perogative) without evidence of a hunter safety course, self defence course and membership at a range.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

It's distressing really that you guys even need to consider this stuff.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Having to think about this stuff is pretty much an alien concept to me too.

Unhappy

Sadly, it's only a matter of time now that the genie is out of the bottle.
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

What do you mean?

Unhappy

It won't be much longer before crimes commited with firearms becomes prevelant. It's happening in England.

Yeah but legally we are not allowed hand guns and probably never will (which I think is a good thing, people are bad enough driving their cars killing people never mind giving them a f.ucking gun).

The Government's already drawing more legislation to protect burglars from the victim defending themselves or their property, I tell you its a total pi.ss take over here, they really take the side of the criminal its pathetic, and pi.sses every body I talk to about it.

If you live over here you will see political correctness gone mad, the politicians are so scared of their own shadow they do not want to face real issues because they are too scared of any bad PR, so they just ignore it and things get worse.

The police are too busy focusing on speeding fines as it increases their revenue, as it is easier to tackle a law abiding citizen who fu.cks up by driving a little fast than it is to chase real criminals.

The only time the average person sees a policeman is when they get a speeding fine or they have just been burgled. I have been burgled twice and they never caught the bas.tards. I have talked to many coppers and they are so frustrated that when they eventually catch a burglar, spending hundreds of man hours on the case, the courts are so lenient. Our courts have got to be at the top of the pile for JOKE sentencing. Anyway thats my rant for the day!