Thread: Emei Shaolin

Emei Shaolin

List Members,

Emei Shaolin is a style of Boxing that reportedly comes from Shaolin having only practical fighting techniques. It has routines called Tianhe, Qixing, Heihu, Feilong and Bafa.

Can anyone give me more information on this style or direct me to where I might get more information.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Cottrell

I was under the impression that Emie was separate from Shaolin, just as Wudan is separate from Shaolin.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I am with masterkiller ,I thought Emei was a seperate martial mountain, that had its own unique folk styles. Known mostly for its Piercers and thier own style of eagle claw.

one site
    do a google search...

It is one of the holy kung fu mountains, seperate from Shaolin.... from what I understand.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Thanks

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your replies. Your concept of the separation between Emei and Shaolin is identical to mine. However, I came across a reference in "Kung Fu Elements" by Liang and Wu in their reference section of the book and was intrigued.

Again my thanks,

Steve Cottrell

Emei has quite a tendency to "Emei-itize" the reputable styles...think of it as the Emei interpretation of these styles...hence you can find mention of emei bagua, emei baji, emei shaolin and the list goes on...they just take the styles, and the guys who master them add their emei ways, concepts and theories to a certain extent in them, and then they label it emei x or emei y...

Hence Emei shaolin is shaolin boxing "a la" Emei, roughly...

It is true that Song shan and Emei shan are really far away from each others, but people travel
    Risk 0 doesn't exist.

Thanks
    Gentlemen,

Thank you for your replies. Your concept of the separation between Emei and Shaolin is identical to mine. However, I came across a reference in "Kung Fu Elements" by Liang and Wu in their reference section of the book and was intrigued.

Again my thanks,

Steve Cottrell
    Yeah, I saw that too... I also think that book said that Shaolin "abbot" Hai Deng was origianally an Emei monk who practiced Shaolin Emei