Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GrandMaster of ALL Shao-Lin

BTW, Taiji Legacy gives out medals, not trophies. Very nice medals I might add. That's one thing I like about Chinese style competitions, they give out medals instead of those gigantic trophies that you have to haul around all over the place, lol. Trophies are ugly as hell and take up to much space :-P

First replying to some of the so called "Forms" you have..
    What is the difference in..
    -Crazy Mad Drunk
    -Drunken Begger
    And also.. I learned long fist before any other animal styles.
    Why do you teach long fist as a 4th degree black belt when your "suppose" to already know the basics.
    Please reply if you actually know anything about kung fu...
    Please reply McDojo master!!

Talking

Reminds me of JKD except we know where JKD came from: developed by a guy who never learnt anything properly but went to as many teachers as possible with 110% arrogance and the verve of a ***** dog.

-David

H0rny gets censored?!

Hey btw. whats with the Chewbaca grandmaster on the "Masters" section? He looks scary
    No, it's not a typo, it's Jabb.

Anyone who actually thinks that this guy is Sin The should take a reality check.

San Soo student - crazy mad drunkard = mad insane drunkards fist.... Its a drunken form, you're just crazy and drunk...
    Drunken beggar is a drunken stick and bowl form.

Ive got those forms.

And you know all about it after 5 months of "training"?

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Re: What it takes to be qualified to speak

Originally posted by shaolinarab
    These are potentially legitimate questions, but one will find that these systems take a different approach to studying the martial arts
    Yeah. Their approach is to ham together a mish mash of made up bollocks and stolen forms, slap the name Shaolin on it for marketing and charge a stupid amount of cash.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

"Bah, you foolish plebes seek to discredit the ultimate martial art of Shaoin Do!"

Maybe im not up to speed with my vocabulary but what are "plebes" ? If it is a word then i bow to your superior something or other. If not, then thats **** funny and i am going to call many, many people "foolish plebes" from this day forward.

"Bah, you foolish plebes seek to discredit the ultimate martial art of Shaoin Do!"

Maybe im not up to speed with my vocabulary but what are "plebes" ? If it is a word then i bow to your superior something or other. If not, then thats **** funny and i am going to call many, many people "foolish plebes" from this day forward.

plebe = pleb = plebian = SD practioners.

He was nearly right.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

cool so we now have a fitting word for them. Beware You PLEBIANS!!!!

shaolinarab,

Welcome to the forum. As an advocate for SD you may get some insults thrown you way, but I'll help you out if I can. I would say that you should't take what anyone says about SD too harshly. Some people here can engage you in a legitimate conversation wit their criticisms logically explained and others just like to troll.

I enjoyed your analogy of SD to a liberal arts education and the comparison to Kuk Sool Won ( a style I have not encountered). Are you coming to Lexington next month for the tournament?
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 08-19-2003 at 05:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Many so-called martial arts choose to do the former; bruce lee chose the latter.
    Oh yeah, Bruce was the eptiomey of a humble, respectful Traditional Martial Artist.

Do you think he was more humble before or after Wong Jack Man defeated him?

just a little exploration into the history of the system would lead you to find that after the last Fukien temple was destroyed, the monks had to go into hiding. One of them, Su Kong Tai Djin, had mastered all the styles that were taught in the temple, and he passed that knowledge to a student that systemized everything in Indonesia, giving it a japanese flavor because of the discrimination against the chinese.
    Can you provide any legitimate documentation supporting this claim?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 08-19-2003 at 06:42 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.