Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: GrandMaster of ALL Shao-Lin

A quadruple post?! Someone was a little impatient with the submit button

Next time that happens, just put your foot through the computer monitor. Works wonders.

Question how old when we die

Originally posted by dragon797

Regards JP...

Ie Chang Ming was not a monk. This was his given name. His "nickname" was Tie Chang Sang Ren or Iron Palm Master.

Grandmaster Ie 's grave headstone says he died in August 1968. He was 86 years old.
    dragon797,
    thanks for all the historical background. while much of chinese martial arts history is distorted and permeated by legend and unverifiable details, i think that is one of the most fascinating things about studying the martial arts, that is, exploring its rich background and history amidst all the stories.
    on that note, i think it's interesting that two the' schools have different dates recorded for grandmaster ie. central shaolin says 1882--1968, while all the shaolin-do schools say 1880-1976. While there is no doubt that the birthdate might never have been firmly documented, surely someone must be making an error in recording his death. if you are sure that the tombstone says 1968, let me know, and i'll let all the SD webmasters know to change their sites ASAP! can you verify that date with someone who last saw the family? thanks.

incidentally, a few weeks ago on the BBC they had a story about an Indian Muslim who has been receiving a pension check for over 60 years. that's right, and he claims to be about 132, i think. however, the government only has documentation verifying that he is at least 126. a muslim lady from nigeria (i believe) was also found to be one of the oldest women alive. i wonder what it is about Islam that brings longevity, perhaps keeping the faith!

and he claims to be about 132, i think. however, the government only has documentation verifying that he is at least 126.
    He's still within 6 years, not too bad At 126 I'd be happy to even remember who I am, lol

shaolinarab,

I have heard folks in dragon797's camp indicate that GM Sin moved back the date of GM Ie's death to make it seem as though GM Sin had more time to learn such a vast amount of material.
    It's funny how such an innocent observation can blow up into an argument between the two camps.
    I have heard that someone named Larry Hill brought a photo back proving the 68 date correct, but have yet to see it...which doesn't mean I doubt dragon's info, generally speaking he has been spot on.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    and one more thing, just to let you all know,
    I HAVE THE STRENGTH OF A BEAR THAT HAS THE STRENGTH OF 2 BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No, but seriously, if my knee is ok, I will go compete in the legacy taiji tourney...
    (have torn ligaments in left knee, broken right wrist, get health insurance on monday....) So... after all the surgeries ect, if Im good to go, I will compete... Even if I cant, Ill do all I can to get up there....
    Girl, girl, girl, settle down crip.
    It just makes me sick to see girls that are big wanna be's on here and act like they can fight. Just look at girl shadow and girl shaolin do. Talk about girls who have never had a real fight?
    Yet, I have to read their fairy tale analysis from fighting skills in shaolin do to chi gung. Come on, hey, I studied for over 25 years in Beijing and just about everything these clowns say is opposite of decent xing-i, tai chi and bagua. But, just read their crap on what they say is real. Why won't they just shut their mouths and come to our school or compete in kuo su? I'll tell you why? Girls are girls. Stay that way and save yourself from a real as-- whoopin, shadow, and shaolin do.

Respectfully,

Bo

Re: The Sin The in this form is a fake and a wannabe-not the real one

Originally posted by shaolinarab
    Okay, I know this forum hasn't been read in a while, but I'm appalled that someone is giving such a bad name to Grandmaster Sin The by pertending to be him in this forum and saying all kinds of stupid jibberish. Even to the non-Shaolin-Do student it should be obvious that a man who runs over a hundred schools would not participate in a forum making statements in such a childish manner. Yet many have replied to him as if they really thought it was. And Shaolin-Do, you claim to study Shaolin-do in Texas yet you have said nothing to clarify any of Sin The's statements, which makes me suspicious of you, but no offense. Anyway, before anyone disparages any school we should all remember that as martial arts, we should respect other styles, and it is hard to try to delegitimize someone who's been in the business for a while without truly seeing what he or she is all about. Good luck to everyone!
    ----------------
    You didn't know we traced it back to shadow and shaolin do? Come on, just about everyone knows they are behind it.

Respect,
    Bo