Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GrandMaster of ALL Shao-Lin

SD SUCKS!!!!!!!
    err...
    wait a minute....

" you claim to study Shaolin-do in Texas yet you have said nothing to clarify any of Sin The's statements, which makes me suspicious of you, but no offense"

Eh? Cause I know Sin The' is a joke on here. Dont take too seriously anything said bout SD here or your gonna have a sh!tty time here.

does shaolin do have a praying mantis form?

Several, pretty much all 7* I believe...

what was the purpose of incorporating 7* mantis forms amid 900 others? So as not to seem that I am being offensive, although I may be. It has been posted on these forums that Shaolin Do has 900+ forms and that Sin The knows all of them. How many were original shaolin forms? Does Sin The believe that 7* or any mantis for that matter originated in shaolin, or is it just the evolution of the system where some new things are incorporated as time goes by as the head of the system sees fit, or is it something else. I've never seen shaolin Do so I'm not bashing it, but for anyone to say they learned all shaolin had to teach, even a monk, its hard to believe.

I dont take everything I hear to heart. I dont honestly believe that our system incorporates 900 forms. (there are approximately 100+ shortforms and chin na) Im sure of which were counted in the "900" forms. Sin's most senior student has somewheres around 450 forms... still only half of what Sin claims to know. 3 "new" forms have been taught out this year to my knowledge, 1 more in november. Guess these new forms are just comming out of the "900" forms...
    Forgot what I was getting at... I need more coffee. Finish this argument later.

I don't think that Sin The' represents all the supposed 900 forms to be "original" shaolin forms. Throughout the years, the shaolin temples have incorporated systems that have their origins outside the temple into their own training. (I think Gene may have posted something similar to this in the Shaolin forum.) so how many of the forms that he has taught out were "original" shaolin forms and how many come from systems that were incorporated later, I don't know.

BTW, I don't know much about SD's mantis, but I've been told some of it is southern mantis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

ShaolinArab

... This might seem a bit OT, but what house were you in and when did you graduate? I or my sister might very well know you. PM me if you want.
    "Oh LORD, please spare our eyes"- Traditional Prayer before an English Singlestick Match

Regarding Southern Mantis, do you just learn one of the three forms, or do you learn the entire system, including the breathing -- which is different from many other syles.

With all that material I'd be concerned about the quality of any one particular skill. Southern Matis by the way, is not Shaolin, and actually has its roots in Chinese royalty. And, could be argued that it is actually not a "mantis" style. What I learned was all closed fist, very low kicks.

Supposedly the entire system is taught... Im not sure tho... I know the breathing is not taught however...

I don't think that Sin The' represents all the supposed 900 forms to be "original" shaolin forms. Throughout the years, the shaolin temples have incorporated systems that have their origins outside the temple into their own training. (I think Gene may have posted something similar to this in the Shaolin forum.) so how many of the forms that he has taught out were "original" shaolin forms and how many come from systems that were incorporated later, I don't know.
    There is a huge difference between incorporating a complete system, or merely incorporating an individual form or two from a complete system.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

"DANCE PUPPETS! DAAANNNNCEE!!"

(as sin th' looks into his crystal ball-the KFO forums)

u know, there r people on other forums who get a kick out of gettin the KF guys all worked up over here. how hard is it to get some books on shaolin forms, find a few pictures of master's from 'blackbelt' magazine, find a black and white picture of chewbacca for ur grandteacher, and a picture of an asian body builder w/ a mullet practicing yoga??? i could duplicate that site in a week...

is it me, or does anyone else realize how much time is spent postin and less trainin?<ding> up, my egg timer's up, enough postin for one day.. gotta get an early start on my TRAININ today! but u guys can stay here if u'd like, i need some amusement when i get back and u guys always always crack me up!(I HAVE THE STRENGTH OF A BEAR, THAT HAS THE STRENGTH OF TWO BEARS!!!-shaolin do) bro, i couldn't stop laughin!!!
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

Ahh, good ol sealab 2021. Great quote
    Im here cause Im gettin paid to be here (im at work)
    Train when I get home. Yes people do bicker constantly, redundantly, pointlessly, but Ive also learned a lot on here.
    As for the mullet wearing asian body builder... That really is a picture of Sin. Regardless of what he says he knows, the man is in phenominal shape...

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    There is a huge difference between incorporating a complete system, or merely incorporating an individual form or two from a complete system.
    I agree.
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

JP- whats OBX on your sig?

Outer Banks, North Carolina. It's my usual vacation spot and I only recently returned from there.