Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GrandMaster of ALL Shao-Lin

Makes all the arguing kinda pointless....
    Myself am becomming confused... excessive use of the word karate and constant use of the word kung fu....

I especially like the mailing address for the form:

SDA c/o Sin Thé Karate School
    282 Gold Rush Rd.
    Lexington, KY 40503
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

it even says it on the belt certificates......
    BELT certifacates.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by Sin The'
    Bah, you foolish plebes seek to discredit the ultimate martial art of Shaoin Do! Karate means "China Hand" so it is kung fu. You all cringe before my majesty, and tremble in fear at my skill.
    Actually, it USED to be called To Te (I think that's right) which means China Hand, but it was later changed to Kara Te which is empty hand
    Last edited by Kymus; 08-19-2003 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    Bahahahahahaha
    I have to dive into the redundant mix.
    and we must use some form of japanese kwandao. and the chain whip? came from taiwan... ? How about our broadswords? INDONESIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?.......
    The mantis forms? Youre **** right, we stole them from GW Bush himself,
    The crane? Ha! Its straight from imperial hungary, and as for tiger, it came from a large russian named Schpotznikov.
    Wait... nevermind. Im just a smart ass and tired of arguing the same ass argument.... Guess some things will never change... until I come and take all of your shiny trophies from your tournaments!!!!!!!
    Holy crap! George W is really a Mantis master in disguise? I knew that guy had to do something to look that goofy and still be alive..
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Originally posted by Shuul Vis
    "Bah, you foolish plebes seek to discredit the ultimate martial art of Shaoin Do!"

Maybe im not up to speed with my vocabulary but what are "plebes" ? If it is a word then i bow to your superior something or other. If not, then thats **** funny and i am going to call many, many people "foolish plebes" from this day forward.
    From what I know, it's a word for peasant. I've seen it used in Sepultura's lyrics from the song Biotech Is Godzilla. But I don't really understand why we are being reffered to as peasants. And if you're lead to believe that any art is the ultimate, I think you need to really re-learn everything you know.

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    you know, If Sin wanted to distinquish the difference between Karate and Shaolin-Do, you'd think he'd use the word "Karate" less on his documents.
    I don't think that GM Sin carees one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

From what I know, it's a word for peasant. I've seen it used in Sepultura's lyrics from the song Biotech Is Godzilla. But I don't really understand why we are being reffered to as peasants. And if you're lead to believe that any art is the ultimate, I think you need to really re-learn everything you know.
    Main Entry: ple·be·ian
    Pronunciation: pli-'bE-&n
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Latin plebeius of the common people, from plebs common people
    Date: 1533
    1 : a member of the Roman plebs
    2 : one of the common people

It means you are a commoner, and as such, lowly and unimportant.

I don't think that GM Sin carees one way or another.
    If he didn't care about it, he wouldn't be writing books, visiting Shaolin Temples, and putting so much effort into hedging the truth in order to mask the origins of his style.

BTW, JP.....Madden 2004 is the shiznit. Two words: PLAYMAKER CONTROL.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

I'd be very skeptical, to say the least, about learning Southern Mantis from this organization. Northern, maybe, but very few people actually know the complete Southern Mantis system (all three forms). There is also confusion over S. MAntis too. Because I've seen people doing "S. Mantis" sets that are obviously northern, with high kicks and the "mantis claw".

Why do I doubt that Master The' knows the entire system when NYC-based disciples of Grandmaster Gin Foon Mark do not, and those that do won't teach them.

With that said, you might be better off anyway. My old sifu screwed himself up with the S. Mantis reverse breathing. Something's not right in there. And the collopasing of the chest cavity puts pressure on the heart.

Anyway, I'm a little bummed on martial arts right now. My wrist hurts and I can't hit anything .... blaaaaaah.

Originally posted by MasterKiller

If he didn't care about it, he wouldn't be writing books, visiting Shaolin Temples, and putting so much effort into hedging the truth in order to mask the origins of his style.

BTW, JP.....Madden 2004 is the shiznit. Two words: PLAYMAKER CONTROL.
    He has always called it karate, always said it was just called karate from the tradition of teaching in indonesia, and always said its origins were in the shaolin temples. The Shaolin thing didn't come around once that name becaue more prevelant in american martial arts circles. If anything he may "americanized" the name and called it shaolin "karate" to bank in on the popularity of karate and karate's name recognition in the states during the 60s. But that explanaion comes more from his brother's camp.

Madden 2004 is the best of the series. I'm on my second season now. Not enough hours in the day to work, train, and waste time on video games. Too bad I don't have online capability. I'd show you who's the playmaker!
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 08-20-2003 at 06:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

What team do you play with?

From his excessive posts using a certain word a while ago... I'd say the other team....

I'm just teasing, settle down, I don't want you using that technique from kata #887 that uses all that dim mak...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Originally posted by Judge Pen
    Philbert,

Thanks for the correction. I guess if I was paraphrasing I shouldn't have used quotes.

Also thanks for comments on looking before dissing. I appreciate that. If they view a class and still think its crap, at least they can state some constructive criticism.
    Not a problem. A year or so ago I use to really diss Shaolin-Do and even talked to some Shaolin practioners and joked about how I should go into the school and lay down a challenge, though I was just joking. I finally came to the conclusion that since I've never seen Shaolin-Do, I can't say Shaolin-Do is good bad. Even after meeting someone, I still really can't say, because it's the person, not the style.

I can watch a hundred videos of a hundred Shaolin-Do practioners, but until I meet a practioner, I can not say that it is good or bad. I might meet 10 SD guys, spar with 10, beat 6 and get defeated by 4. After that I can formulate an opinion of them. I really would love to meet some SD guys too, they are on the top of my list of stylists I'd like to just practice with one day to see how they do there thing. Since SD is one of the most dissed arts (next to TKD) online, I'd like to see if they can back there stuff up.

I know there is a school in my city too, I've actually driven past it, got out of my car one day and walked up and looked into the school (they weren't training at the time or else I'd of gone in). If I remember correctly, huafist even trains there, or did train there. I can easily meet them and see how they do there thing, the only thing is I don't wanna sound too disrespectful walking in and asking to spar with them in a friendly match just to formulate an opinion.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 08-20-2003 at 03:05 PM.
    I have a signature.

Philbert- I should be up that way in a week or 2....