Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empty Force (again!)

Hey!

What so unscientific about a double blinded study? Everyone in the selected experiment, includeing the "empty force master" agreed it was a fair test.

Randi never makes claim to being a scientist, and as for fraud and loopholes in the chalenge.....it's all very clearly laid out, both parties must agree to the testing procedure before hand, Randi just puts up the money.

What was unfair about the given test?
    "Cyanide is a dangerous chemical. That's why it is a crime to possess it without a peaceful purpose," said U.S. Attorney Fitzgerald.

Hmmm

I've read transcipts to lot of other test he does and it's not as double-blind as he makes out. There are plenty of genuine people who have said that the requirements to make him convinced that he's wrong are near impossible to prove. One has to ask themselves why he goes to these lengths to do this when most people would say in life people lie and people tell the truth from time to time. He seems to created this moral crusade to pull out all the fakers (and in his mind he has never ever come across a genuine seer etc).
    I was shocked at the alphabetic articles he has at his sight where he lempoons every single thing that is even mildly esoteric or has a whiff of being "NOT NORMAL".
    I feel the man has personal issues with declaration and those areas where science goes quiet and gray on matters in life, I feel he is a very scared man who needs absolute order in life to feel safe.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

But presumably, there was nothing wrong with this test, correct? And what proof would you want, if I said I could see the future, or read your mind? I'd love to see "paranormal abilities" in my fellow man, but I don't have a million dollars, Randi does. To date no one has met his challange, the Gracies themselves have nothing on this man for brass balls.
    "Cyanide is a dangerous chemical. That's why it is a crime to possess it without a peaceful purpose," said U.S. Attorney Fitzgerald.

4. Thumbs up

Yeah.I agree.

One can always check my signature and go check for information.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

If you want to read about experimental verification of psi phenomena, like action at a distance and remote sensing, do a search for Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research Labs.

6. Thumbs up

I think Iīll leave psi for parapsychology,which can be considered a pseudoscience on itīs own though.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Former castleva

Do you post/lurk over at the JREF forums? It's a fun place. Now and then I bring up Chi or Iron Palm topics and get some very good responses.

8. Thumbs up OdderMensch

Yes,I do.
    I do post when I find it appropriate.
    Letīs say I have posted a few replies to a chi related thread,as some other stuff.

Good responses in which terms?

-FC, summer of 2006-