Thread: classic kung fu movies

classic kung fu movies

just got a DVD player (about time), and was wondering what are some of the good old cheesy kung fu movies i should pick up.

thanks

Big Trouble in Little China ... The Last Dragon.... Adventures of Remo Williams...Circle of Iron....

I don't think it's on DVD, but has anyone seen Ninja: The Final Duel? that is the best pure cheese film I've seen.

It's got Shaolin Monks vs. Ninjas, black monks from Shaolin Harlem, white monks, and crazy karate guys.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

snake in an eagles shadow. realy cheesy but some good fu in it.

actually...wait a minute, they are all tripe! hahahahaha.
    Good fun tripe though.
    The art of filmmaking was not as developed in that time as the art of kungfu. Chinese movies were terrible and painful to watch for the most part. but I'm just speaking from my limited whiteboy cultural perspective, so shame on me....unless, those really were poorly made movies with no clue about editing, audio and congruity.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Here's some of my favorites, you can usually find them cheap at Suncoast or Best Buy -

Chinese Super Ninja (aka Five Element Ninja)

Kid With The Golden Arm

Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang

Don't know if this fits under classic martial arts films but, can anyone tell me if there is a second part to Jet Li's Kung Fu Master?
    After a good two hours, they kinda left it hanging in the middle of the story. Thank You.

Also, for all you Gordon Liu fans, I saw Jet Li's Last Hero In China and Jet and Gordon had a couple of fight scenes against each other in it. The classic Shaolin Master Killer is one of my all time favorites.

blackbelt jones

newest classic I saw was ODD COUPLE.. get it!
    its not the comedy ODD COUPLE, but the one with Sammo Hung doing crazy weapon work.
    Mster Killer is a classic one also, and can't forget Prodigal Son, for their accurate wing tsun scenes.

I have a question. What was the name of the movie that had David Chiang and Ti Lung in it that David was always coughing in and I think Ti was getting a tattoo on his chest for his girlfriend or something like that. I do remember it had a LOT of knife fighting in it. And, if you know the name have you seen it on DVD anywhere? Thanks

Theres one called Return of the Drunken Master with some jackie chan lookalike and he knows this acupuncture secret where he puts a needle in their neck that makes them laugh and thats how he wins fights. Completely insane.