Thread: The secret to immortality.

Talking The secret to immortality.

For a really well-rounded workout...!

An eyeful a day keeps the doctor away (from some dubious rag, maybe UK's literary masterpiece, The Sun)...

Staring at a woman's breasts is good for men's health and makes them live longer, a new survey reveals.
    Researchers have discovered that a 10-minute ogle at women's breasts is as healthy as half an hour at the gym.
    A five-year study of 200 men found that those who enjoyed looking at busty beauties had lower blood pressure, less heart disease and slower pulse rates compared to those who did not get their daily eyeful.
    Dr Karen Weatherby, who carried out the German study, wrote in the New England Journal of Medicine: "Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female is roughly equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics workout.
    "Sexual excitement gets the heart pumping and improves blood circulation.
    "There is no question that gazing at breasts makes men healthier.
    "Our study indicates that engaging in this activity a few minutes daily cuts the risk of a stroke and heart attack in half.
    "We believe that by doing so consistently, the average man can extend his life four to five years."
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I think the study really proves having as more sex is healthier.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

Thumbs up

Despite the questionable nature of this research,regular sex decreases the risk of stroke dramatically according to studies.

There should be no question on the fact that depending on one´s age/condition,this can be a killer too.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

How to live forever?

Easy!!Just buy Alex Chiu's immortality device!!

http://www.alexchiu.com/

Hey this person is so popular he has tributes on the net like the two sites

http://www.rickb.com/alexchiu/#news

http://www.insolitology.com/topten/alexchiu.htm

I prefer to keep on staring at women's breasts.

The title was suppose to read "The secrete to imorality.

Thumbs up

Excuse me but what on earth is this Alex Chiu thing all about?
    Some strange joke I do not get?
    It also seems to include a distorted evolutionary theory...

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Actually....:)

From extensive personal.... research...
    Sex is high and by far THE BEST workout there is... Of course depends on how ya do it too... But it works every single muscle group in the entire body, several of them only properly worked by sex. Excellent cardio workout as well.... And if anyone b!tches about a "second set of repititions"....

Alex Chiu is a nut that invented a little deviced that is supposedly to make you live forever and people buy off that. The unbelievers realise how ridiculous his claims are and make fun of him.

Here's the secret:

DON'T DIE!!!

Butt plugs; they're not just for your gay cousin anymore!

I remember seeing a tv show on alchemy in china and their quest for immortality. It said that it was a common practice to put jade plugs in the orafices of corpses immediately after death. The thought was that none of the life essence would be allowed to escape the body and the person would soon rise from the dead. Weird, huh.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

12. Thumbs up

Taoist/alchemists also did try drinking certain highly dangerous liquids like...gold I think.
    Death did result instead of immortality.

-FC, summer of 2006-

Elixir of Immortality

ARCHAEOLOGY
    ‘Elixir of Immortality’ Uncovered in 2,000-Year-Old Chinese Tomb

George Dvorsky
    3/04/19 1:40pm Filed to: ANCIENT CHINA

The so-called “elixir of immortality” and the bronze pot within which is was found.
    Image: Xinhua/Li An

A yellowish liquid found in a bronze pot dating back some 2,000 years is not wine, as Chinese archaeologists initially thought. It’s actually an “elixir of immortality” concocted during ancient times.

The bronze pot was discovered last October by archaeologists working at the tomb of a noble family in the Henan Province of central China. The 210-square-meter site in the city of Luoyang dates back to the Western Han Dynasty (202 BCE to 8 CE) and, in addition to the pot, yielded the well-preserved remains of a nobleman, painted clay pots, materials made from jade and bronze, and a lamp in the shape of a wild goose.

Intriguingly, the pot contained 3.5 liters (0.9 gallons) of a yellowish liquid exhibiting a very strong alcohol-like smell. At the time, archaeologists figured it was wine—a conclusion consistent with other discoveries dating back to the same period. Back then, wine made from rice and sorghum grains were used in ritual sacrifices and ceremonies, reported Xinhua.

But as Xinhua points out in an update to this discovery, further lab work has shown that the substance isn’t wine at all. The liquid is primarily comprised of potassium nitrate and alunite—the main ingredients of a life-enriching elixir documented in ancient Taoist texts.

“It is the first time that mythical ‘immortality medicines’ have been found in China,” Shi Jiazhen, head of the Institute of Cultural Relics and Archaeology in Luoyang, told Xinhua. “The liquid is of significant value for the study of ancient Chinese thoughts on achieving immortality and the evolution of Chinese civilization.”

It’s doubtful, of course, that the combination of potassium nitrate and alunite worked as intended, the former being used in meat processing, fertilizers, and fireworks, and the latter being used to manufacture alum, which is used in pickling and baking powder. Alunite is fairly benign, but potassium nitrate in high doses is associated with certain health risks, ranging from eye and skin irritation to kidney failure, anemia, and even death.

It’s unclear whether this beverage was actually intended to be consumed, or whether it merely served as a ritual burial object. The only way to know for sure whether the concoction really confers immortality will be to test it on a human subject. Any volunteers?
    Clearly this 'Elixir of Immortality' didn't work because it was found in a tomb
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart