Originally posted by StickyHands
Anyway, Id also like to hear what u have to say about Baji art itself. Like what's the difference between Baji and Pigua, and how does Baji in comparison differ as an "internal" than Tai Chi? Isnt Baji external as well? Thanks.
My experience in Pigua so far is somewhat limited. I've only done a few exercises and seen only what my teacher has shown in the few occasions he's talked at length about it.

The primary idea is to supplement one's fighting skills with an art that is rather complementary to Baji, but likes to fight at a different range. Baji is very short range, while Pigua is long-range. From what I've seen the Pigua approach to combat seems fairly good against multiple opponents (well, if anything really can be truly good vs. multiple opponents).

The expressions of power -- jings -- in Pigua and some Baji movements may not be very far from each other.

As for the question on internal or external, I suggest you find a few threads on that very subject in the archives. It's been beaten around. Personally, I don't care much for the words "internal" and "external". If you want a more thorough analysis, please define what exactly you mean by those terms and I can offer my views. The definitions vary greatly from one to the other.

if you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to answer.