Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Virtua Fighter 4 for PS2

Thumbs down

"Not only you cant explain, but it seems your mentally challenged and illiterate, can you read?"

What the **** is your problem? Can you tell me what it is that I didn't EXPLAIN to you?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by Kristoffer

Then why is Baji external? And somewhat easily defeated against, let say a proficient Tai Chi or Xingyi practitioner, if they both have same years and ardour for training?""

"First of all, Baji is as far as I know internal. The rest is just stupid. Do you think that just because you train in a certain style you will be better at fighting? If a Baji practioner trains harder he will win over a muay thai practioner that trains like a bum. And vise versa"

Ah u just generalized without a reason for ur conviction. i think u need to travel to the internal section of this board. lol

"What kind of a name is StickyHands anyway? Don't u use soap?
    "

See right there... When I said you generalized something, you only said it's internal and the rest is stupid. Internal, but how is it internal or how is the rest of the people who think it's not internal are stupid? And secondly, yes I do think if you train in certains styles, you would be better than the other style that might not be beneficial. i.e. i wouldnt recommend a boxer against a someone who does BJJ (lame example). When i made my claim about Tai Chi beating a Baji guy, it's because I did read it in some article, so that aroused my curiousity, hence I posted to find out if it's true, because I always thought Baji was external. But instead your making fun of screen name? lol. Btw, stickyhands are one of the training methods of Wing Chun.
    Milia Macerusk

ok..

""When I said you generalized something, you only said it's internal and the rest is stupid. Internal, but how is it internal or how is the rest of the people who think it's not internal are stupid?""

I'm no expert at all when it comes to Internal arts but I have some experience in Pakua (wich I've heard is similar to Baji). These 'internal' arts are classified as this by it's own masters, I think probebly a name to explain the 'feeling' of these arts compared to 'external' arts. I think that in these so called external arts you often have a very common base line when it comes to training. ie- based on muscular strenght. (A generalization of corz). Since my main style is 'external' I have seen that people who advances and train for a long period develops 'internal' treats when in high level. I would guess that advanced internalists would say that it's not that different that it feels. I never said that this theory is stupid at all. What i meant was that I did not agree with your theory:

¨""And secondly, yes I do think if you train in certains styles, you would be better than the other style that might not be beneficial. i.e. i wouldnt recommend a boxer against a someone who does BJJ (lame example).""

I guess I could agree to some extent like if you train in Aikido you would have to train longer and harder than the average BJJ guy because it's harder to learn and use. But I think that it basically just comes down to personal skills. I have seen people who are natural fighters, who could fight boxers and win even though they have no training. If one of these guys would train in Aikido he would be very good in a short time compared to the average Muay Thai fighter (generalization again but I'm just drawing up examples).

"""When i made my claim about Tai Chi beating a Baji guy, it's because I did read it in some article, so that aroused my curiousity, hence I posted to find out if it's true, because I always thought Baji was external."""

I thought this thread was about Virtua Fighter 4? Anyway, I'm not the one u should ask aboyt external/internal but I just wanted to discuss that it doesn't really depend on style vs style.

"". But instead your making fun of screen name? lol. Btw, stickyhands are one of the training methods of Wing Chun.""

Well I meant it as a joke. And yeah I know what it is. I never insulted you with anything except jokes. (Hence the smilies) Calling someone: "mentally challenged and illiterate" is way over the line just coz I've made some jokes.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Ya sorry about that, but I was kidding as well, however, when you try to hint the Yo MAMA jokes, lol, it had double connotations, one direct, and two I interpreted as may be what I said about licking my fingers, u were referring Yo MAMA to that. lol. So it became a verbal bash. HEHE. No hard feelings....
    Milia Macerusk

Originally posted by Vapour
    For what I heard, xingyiquan may have originated from Bajiquan. Bajiquan originated from region around Wudang and there seems to be some connection to Chen style as well.

And actually this was a VF4 topic , but it turned into a Baji topic because it interested me how can Baji originate from Xingyi, when one is external and the other internal, etc. And I had this aversion that internals are suppose to be superior? lol.
    Milia Macerusk

Thumbs up

cool.. It's easy to misunderstand one other in a forum.

BTW there's a character in the game Dead or Alive 2 (and 3) wich I think does baji/pakua.. Seen it?

No... cool! Wait, is that game more accurate than VF4? I wonder if the character does Pakua, does that mean he also does that evasion turning tactics of Pakua, like circle walk kinda thing? lol. Cool. Man, I wish I could find a Baji instructor where I live.
    Milia Macerusk

Well I think to portray 'real' style like Baju is very hard to do in a game.. but you can see what it is atleast. There's not really any circle walking but alot of side stepping and moves where u move around the other guy and attacks from weird angles. There's a third game too but I havn't played it that much