Does anyone have any information on T.Y Wong ( Wong Tim Yuen). He taught Shaolin at 880 Sacramento St. in San Francisco in the 60's and 70's.
Here is some information given to me by NorthernShaolin:

"Buddhapalm,

T.Y. Wong: He co-wrote a book with K.H. Lee titled Chinese Karate Kung Fu Original Sil Lum System for Health and Self Defence in 1961. This shaolin style came from a monk named Leong Sil Jong (Cantonese) who was from the shao lin temple. T.Y.Wong started to learn when he was 10 years old from Leong Tin Chee at the Central Kung fu Institue with classmate, Chew Lung. He also learn other branches of shao lin but do not know what they were.

The first set is Lin Wan Chuan or Continious and Returning Fist. The second set is called Mang Fur Har Shan or Tiger Descending the Mountain. The restof the sets were Gul Lung Ju Hoy or Nine Dragons at Sea, Die Lin Wan or Big Returning Fist and Lung Fu Sheong Wuie or Dragon and Tiger in Conference. Do not know anymore sets but I sure there are more.

As for weapons, he taught Double sabers, double swords, single sword, spear, twin daggers, single point staff and Kwan Do.

T.Y. Wong had a school in SF in the 1950s thru the 1960s and closed after he passed away in the 1970s. His school was called Kin Mon at 880 Sacramento Street.

I remember visiting his school in the early 1970s and Wong Sifu would sit in his horse during the whole time the class was practicing. His asistances did all the teaching and the beginners sat on a horse for at least six months before learning the first set. He was very traditional sifu and his style was southern. Many MA believe that it was a village style of Shaolin.

I do not know his son but he was teaching in SF in his garage, somewhere in either the Richmond or Sunset district in SF."

Does anyone know:

1. Where to find T.Y. Wong's Son ?
2. What style of Shaolin he taught ?
3. Anyone that trained in his school on Sacramento St ?
4. Anybody have any info on his teacher Leung Tien Chiu, who taught at the Central Kung Fu Institute in China ?

Thanks

:)