Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Can my God beat your God?

That third eye of shiva won't do much good on the monkey king. If you remember correctly, that primate was supposed to get roasted with heaven's fire after he was captured. All it did was make him stronger and give him those fiery eye.
    Hence, you can't beat monkey king with fire

Even if you send the legion of angels on him ( which I must emphasize is not allowed ), he took on heaven's army a couple of times already. And still he is up, running and ass whooping.
    Hence, nameless, expendable, staff fodders won't count as much when up against this guy.

God is dead.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Where's the fight in that ?

try on this monkey king
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

cho..... link doesn't work, asks for username and password.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

one for the buddha...

what the buddha was a hippie and couldnt fight...ok you got that right, but he doesnt need to...

remeber the story of the buddha vs mara on his night of enlightement. mara was the "demon of demons", held weapons in his thousand hands and his army surrouned him on all sides. Buddha punked them all. they threated him and tempted him, threw weapons at him, and all he did was sit and meditate, then finally touched the earth, to which the earth roared in favor of the budda. The elephant mara road on then kneeled before buddha, and the army scatterd. He didnt need to fight, he made the army his bi tch

so i would expect the buddha would bi tch all gods, but then again this is what god would win in god vs. god, but buddha was a man (spefically stated he was a man, and didnt leave any room for misconception there)

peace

Talking Gods from Marvel Universe

Galactus will kick everyone's ass...

But eventually Galactus too will be destroyed by Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.
    The Mountaintop no height eschews;
    The Sea eschews no deep.
    And the Duke of Zhou spat out his meal
    An Empire's trust to keep.

Cao Cao, Martial Emperor of Wei

Green Lantern would put them all in a bubble and push them into the sun.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I think uncle fester would have his way with all them biatches.

A lot of you are going on about the Monkey King, but remember Guan Yin? She challenged him after all the hordes of heaven had been defeated and he couldn't even escape her hand. Then she trapped him under a mountain for 500 years.

Sure, he's a hardass. But no match for Madam Compassion.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Originally posted by joedoe

What about the concept of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son & Holy Spirit as one)? According to this Jesus is God.
    Well even though I am Christian I don't believe that they are all one God. I accept that there is a Father a Son and a holy spirit but they are not one God. Why would God need to show himself as a human being when He already showed himself many times? (i.e. to the people of Israel when they left Egypt) Even if he did why did Jesus talk to God if he was God? It doesn't make sense. I mean I have no problem with other people having different oppinions. I wonder why is it that the Jewish and the people of Islam don't have the same belief?They say the Bible has been changed over the centuries but I wonder about the Torah and the Koran since the Jews are descendants of Jacob (Israel) and the Muslims are descendants of Ismael (Jacobs brother).

I respect other peoples beliefs and religions as long as they respect mines but I was trying to express my point of view.I find it very hard to beleive that Jesus a very humble man who was trying to reform the church/temple/ whatever it is called at that time because he saw that religous practices were starting to become very political because of Romes influence and other things is now being thought of as being God. What bothers me to no end is why is it that people have so much hate towards Jesus? Why is it that man kind is so unhuman to each other?Whoo cares if buddha could fight. Who cares what color Jesus is. Why does it matter what continent we all came from? Who cares who did what?There are certain truths in my opinion that God wrote into the hearts of man and the message that I've seen in most religions (excluding the ones who are about hurting people and ding evil acts i.e. killing and sleeping witht he dead)is to be good to each other.Isn't that what God wants? Isn't that what we all want? Why is it so hard to find peace!?!?!...........

Sorry for the rant but had to let it out.

It's hard to say what is the truth and like I said one time in a theological discussion with my friends... when the truth comes we will find out that we are all wrong (including me). Until then I have to go on faith and on deductive reasoning.

Angels come from Zoroasterianism, which predates Judaism, Christianity, Islam, AND Buddhism, Sikhism, Hinduism...
    Theat's very interesting can you enlighten me more on this religion? I never heard about it more.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Green Lantern would put them all in a bubble and push them into the sun.
    Green lantern couldn't do jack! Heck anybody can beat him. Just put a whole load of doorknowbs into a yellow bag and beat mr. lantern over the head with it. Any body who has the color yellow as a wakness is looking for a butt whoopin.

Originally posted by NorthernMantis

Well even though I am Christian I don't believe that they are all one God. I accept that there is a Father a Son and a holy spirit but they are not one God. Why would God need to show himself as a human being when He already showed himself many times? (i.e. to the people of Israel when they left Egypt) Even if he did why did Jesus talk to God if he was God? It doesn't make sense. I mean I have no problem with other people having different oppinions. I wonder why is it that the Jewish and the people of Islam don't have the same belief?They say the Bible has been changed over the centuries but I wonder about the Torah and the Koran since the Jews are descendants of Jacob (Israel) and the Muslims are descendants of Ismael (Jacobs brother).

I respect other peoples beliefs and religions as long as they respect mines but I was trying to express my point of view.I find it very hard to beleive that Jesus a very humble man who was trying to reform the church/temple/ whatever it is called at that time because he saw that religous practices were starting to become very political because of Romes influence and other things is now being thought of as being God. What bothers me to no end is why is it that people have so much hate towards Jesus? Why is it that man kind is so unhuman to each other?Whoo cares if buddha could fight. Who cares what color Jesus is. Why does it matter what continent we all came from? Who cares who did what?There are certain truths in my opinion that God wrote into the hearts of man and the message that I've seen in most religions (excluding the ones who are about hurting people and ding evil acts i.e. killing and sleeping witht he dead)is to be good to each other.Isn't that what God wants? Isn't that what we all want? Why is it so hard to find peace!?!?!...........

Sorry for the rant but had to let it out.

It's hard to say what is the truth and like I said one time in a theological discussion with my friends... when the truth comes we will find out that we are all wrong (including me). Until then I have to go on faith and on deductive reasoning.

Theat's very interesting can you enlighten me more on this religion? I never heard about it more.
    I don't know which branch of Christianity you adhere to, but I was brought up as a Roman Catholic so there may be differences in doctorine. In the Roman Catholic faith, the Holy Trinity is considered one of the mysteries of faith - that the three entities are in fact one being.

If you want to find out about the various other religion (including Zoarastrianism) check out this site. Very interesting stuff.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by NorthernMantis
    There are certain truths in my opinion that God wrote into the hearts of man and the message that I've seen in most religions (excluding the ones who are about hurting people and ding evil acts i.e. killing and sleeping witht he dead)is to be good to each other.
    What religion promotes sleeping with the dead? And, just because it's outside your paradigm, who's to say it's evil? Who does it harm?

How can you possibly believe the word of the bible or the life of Christ as proposed by Christians if you use deductive reasoning!?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

..... must .... not ....

ok, he who defeated King Y***, but I shall not speak of his name. I am quite surprised not one person has brought it up yet. Perhaps its best kept secret ?