Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can my God beat your God?

Yeah, shiva is "the destroyer"

Shiva specializes in smiting, and with all that smiting shiva does, I doubt he/she would care about smiting cupid too.

Then the whole world will be in trouble when cupid gets smitten and starts shooting bitter little arrows.

Apollo would be a better long range choice than cupid. He doesn't have the cuteness of cupid, but makes up for it in willingness to take revenge.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Just a very important note in all this

Thor has a hammer, posidon has a trident and other gods has other weapons. But one thing we keep forgeting to mention.

DO THEY KNOW HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY ????

I mean, knowing Thor ( from his reputation of an absolute brute), his moves would probably be limited to the lift up, smash down. Even his speech may be within the range of "Me Thor, you Jane", "Thor mad" or "Thor smash" Sure, that smash from the hammer itself maybe able to level out mountains, but anyone would dodge that. A simple sideways step from any martial artist and he has all the room is needs to deliver a match ending blow.
    That being said, I think that only the deities whose resume has some kind of fighting skill would last a round in the cosmic UFC ring.

Jesus and Buddha doesn't come close.

You know, I have been thinking, Confucius was known to have once defended his King against an assassination attempt. So that means he has some fighting skill. Of course, he would more likely be lecturing on Li to his opponent while getting danced on by Shiva

Well, Ganesh typically packs a battle axe and an elephant prod and whip. Considering he's part man and part elephant, I guess we can assume he knows how to use the prod and whip at least.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Ah Shaolin-do, there is the catch. Once you get hit by cupid's arrow ( from the furthest possible range, something along the line of 3 parsecs ), you fall in love with cupid. So you can't bring yourself to smite the little fella. Hence, Cupid is superior to Apollo

Apollo's arrows bring instantaneous death. And the goal is to harm your opponant, not cuddle them to death.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

going with that logic, why not Venus/Aphrodite?
    she'd make all opponents succumb to her will.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

from the furthest possible range, something along the line of 3 parsecs
    Unless you make the Kessell run in less than 12 parsecs, then all bets are off.

Jesus and Buddha doesn't come close.

You know, I have been thinking, Confucius was known to have once defended his King against an assassination attempt. So that means he has some fighting skill. Of course, he would more likely be lecturing on Li to his opponent while getting danced on by Shiva
    Hasn't anyone seen the Super Best Friends episode of South Park? Sheesh. Once David Blaine gets enough followers, we're all doomed.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 04-23-2003 at 12:40 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    Yeah, shiva is "the destroyer"

Shiva specializes in smiting, and with all that smiting shiva does, I doubt he/she would care about smiting cupid too.
    Actually, there's a Hindu love god very similar to cupid, right down to the arrows.

He's also bodiless, because when he pulled that shit on Shiva, he opened his third eye and turned him into a pile of ash.

Shiva don't mess about.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere

Re: A few notes on this topic

Originally posted by Chinwoo-er

(2) I am kinda surprised no one opted for Ares. GOD OF WAR for crying out loud. When it comes to fighting, why does no one put money of a professional ? Since when have we started to trust a laymen over a soldier when it comes to fighting ?
    Aight man here goes, the god of war is also known as Mars (Marte in portuguese)
    Now my name "Marcos" means "The one protected by Mars"
    Thats right, youre going down.
    Why? Becouse im invincible

(see my Ralek style)
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

David Blaine will choke you out.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Royce could chokeout all the gods and dieties at once.

Ares vs Mars

(2) I am kinda surprised no one opted for Ares. GOD OF WAR for crying out loud. When it comes to fighting, why does no one put money of a professional ? Since when have we started to trust a laymen over a soldier when it comes to fighting ?
    Actually Ares (The Greek god) was seen as a bully and a blood-lustful god that would run if attacked by other gods. He was despised by the other gods. Interesting he was the only offspring of Hera and Zeus. Many warriors asctually worshiped Athena Goddess of wisdom, battle and weaving. Even the Spartians worished her.

no Mars (Roman) thought taken from Greek Myth was clad in gold and a great warrior. Different Cultures different ideas.
    David Dow
    Bujinkan Anko Dojo
    www.taijutsu.com
    "Why try to KO the guy when you can stab him and watch him bleed to death." Toshiro Nagato

Unhappy Shhh

Originally posted by ZIM
    [B Hastur the Unspeakable... [/B]

You said his name
    David Dow
    Bujinkan Anko Dojo
    www.taijutsu.com
    "Why try to KO the guy when you can stab him and watch him bleed to death." Toshiro Nagato

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    well thats why my name is not Arecos, cos Mars is superior
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA