Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Can my God beat your God?

NM - No worries man... I didn't phrase my post properly anyway. I meant to say I'm sorry if you thought I was criticising you. I just meant to offer up some interesting resources on those beliefs... they happen to be called heresies and most of our info on them is from the heresiologists, but that's just a matter of semantics and history!

I subscribe to a couple "heresies" myself... I think it builds character.

And ultimately the idea of "heresy" doesn't exist, because the idea of "subscribing to a belief" doesn't *really* exist. It's not like we have to fill out a checklist on our beliefs when we die. It's about looking more than finding.

ZIM - roflmfao @ associating Jumanji with Cthultu.

Yeah, the demiurgos is "sort of" a dualistic concept, and "sort of" a pantheistic concept... probably what caused all the trouble! But it's no more dualistic or pantheistic than belief in the Fall in it's more orthodox manifestations (Eden, Original Sin, Lucifer, etc).

What's important for me is that it doesn't "ultimately" violate monotheism/monism; in particular it maintains the idea of "The One"/"The Good" (from the Greeks). The trinity is hip to that scene too, following Christ:Logos:Nous and Holy Ghost:Soul corrospondances.
    Last edited by Christopher M; 05-03-2003 at 10:51 AM.

Hey, don't forget that according to the Yezidi religion, god cares nothing for mankind after creating them, and the only god concerned with human affairs and that we must please is Satan.

Hey, Chris- here's a link you might like. Good site, too.
    and the only god concerned with human affairs and that we must please is Satan
    I think that others are probably 'buying our souls', too. Additionally, there are very likely to be 'gods' that *don't* want to be noticed... why? 'Cuz they don't want you to see what they're up to, thats why...

...If Satan is controlling the world, then it probly means that there's a black market [& what other kind would he be interested in, hmm?] deal for planets highly polluted with heavy metals, grime, deserts, nuclear waste, etc. etc. I wonder who/what we'll all be sold to?
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

"Drums out of the darkness, listen well.
    Drums beating like thunder straight from Hell.
    Trumpets are blaring, the time's come 'round-
    Satan is here to claim His ground!

There's an earth that's green, there's an earth that's free,
    there's a place for you and a place for me..."
    -The Hymn of the Satanic Empire, by A.S. La Vey

Sounds to me like Satan has more interest in preserving nature than polluting it.

And if there's oppression, Satan is not behind it, because Satan is always the rebel.

And I kind of get the feeling that Satan isn't a great fan of slavery, what with his great respect for Martin Luther King, Jr. and all.

Think of all those things that Satan might have inspired: the Underground Railroad and its saintly Grandma Moses, PETA, Rosa Parks' decision to sit where she wanted, Greenpeace (a little shaky, that one)...the list goes on.
    Last edited by Sam Wiley; 05-04-2003 at 05:38 AM.

Talking

Well, that IS a variation on "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" that I hadn't thought about.

Gotta hand it to you....
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Talking