Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Sash Cancelled? Please Support...

Black Sash Cancelled? Please Support...

Hi, folks,
    I've heard rumors that the WB is cancelling Black
    Sash. When I checked the WB website, I found the Black
    Sash page had been deleted, and a rerun of an old
    Charmed episode being slated instead this coming Sunday. What a disappointment.

While I enjoy the show, and I'm hoping that the series lasts, I feel like I'm rooting for an underdog. It's great to see the martail art I study on TV. Although my standards are high, and some of what they are doing on the show is technically a bit hollow/shallow, I'm grateful that they don't use goofy, overdone, tired flying-on-wires stunts!! Also, Black Sash is MUCH better than David Carradine pretending to be Chinese, and a martial arts master on top of that from the old "Kung Fu" series...

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the home team can survive the 6 episode trial they're signed to, but it looks like the WB has dropped the show after only the 4th episode has been aired?!? I hope they would at least try to air the show in a different time-slot before deciding to cancel it.

Even though no one on the show looked like masters performing, I feel it's realistic and a good thing that they aren't all bagua super-freaks. While there was a bit too much contemporary-wushu-flash-&-trash/posing for me, I realize it's TV, and glitz sells. Also, while it is traditinal Bagua someone is showing the actors, and thier
    execution isn't perfect, I've seen "famous" instructors in person look worse. I've been looking forward to seeing the characters/actors
    continue to improve...but if the show's already cancelled, what
    a let down.

I do like some of the character development going on progressively on the show, and the emphasis on Wu-De (martial morality) is very refreshing. There's definately some potential, but to be fair, they are promoting Bagua & martial arts in general in a positive light, and they are making an honest effort. The show is a lot better than other popular programming on TV, so I'm asking anyone that is interested to email the programming contact at the WB, faces@talk.thewb.com , and ask them please don't drop Black Sash without giving the show an honest chance.

Sincerely,
    Dennis Mace
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChengShiBaguaHui/
    Seattle, WA
    http://www.chengshibaguazhang.com/
    Sincerely,
    Dennis Mace

"Reciting a teachers words isnt as good as hearing their words, Hearing their words isnt as good as attaining that whereby they speak"

Black sash sucks. It deserves to go.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

i have only managed to download and watch the first episode. i would continue to watch it for the brunette alone. something about muscularly defined yet still quite thin barbie doll built bi tches with nice tits do it for me.
    where's my beer?

when are they cancelling it? Now? or after the first series?
    It seems silly not to give the show at least a full series and then decide.....
    I like the show, I think its the closest thing we get to a 'kung fu' -like tv show.
    I've downloaded the 1st 4 episodes but boy where they hard to come by - I guess you can sort of tell the popularity in that - smallville is on kazaa and mirc about an hour after every new episode, and buy the end of the next day a few hundred people will have it online - now with black sash, after a week I could only see one or two people with it.....
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

Just for the hotties its worth keeping.

I love those workout suits

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Also, Black Sash is MUCH better than David Carradine pretending to be Chinese, and a martial arts master on top of that from the old "Kung Fu" series...
    I won't debate the martial aspect of "Kung Fu" with you.

However, I would like to point out that the acting and script writing was as good as any other TV show of it's time. Better in lot's of places. During it's run it had 9 Emmy nominations and won for Cinemetography and Directing for Episode #4, "An Eye for an Eye". I don't see that happening for "Black Sash"

"Black Sash" is fluff aimed at the 13-18 year old group. If the martial aspects were better, the fluff could be ignored.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

If the decision has been made to cancel the show...

There is little we can do to save it. These decisions are made based on popularity. Appealing to the marginal group here that would be part of the only demographic to support the show in the first place is an empty gesture.

Even if the show makes it through the six episodes initially scheduled for airing, do you honestly think it will make it onto the Fall schedule?

In my mind, it's no worse than many of the shows out there. Lots of crap like Becker, My Big Fat Greek Wife, and all those nameless stupid abc sitcoms I just don't get. However, somebody clearly likes those other shows. Clearly very few like this one.

Thems the breaks. Network TV is about selling advertising time. Apparently, Black Sash isn't drawing enough love to justify its existence.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Dark knight said:" Just for the hotties its worth keeping. "

Sure am gunna miss those girls.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    c'mon, the girls weren't that hot. And they were all angst ridden about something or another. the guys too. the only kid who seems pretty squared away was the black guy. But, I'm sure the writers would have thrown him into some stupid situation at some point.

And, I'll still vote Barbera Hershey as hotter than any of them...I think that episode was "Cannon at the Gates" but I might be wrong. Come to think of it...the brunette does kinda look like a young Barbera Hershey.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

"muscularly defined yet still quite thin barbie doll built bi tches with nice tits do it for me."
    Gotta say that made for a sigh and a smile.

Talking

OK Oso, I'll spoil it for ya. Remember, Barbara has "touched" Ringo.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    "muscularly defined yet still quite thin barbie doll built bi tches with nice tits do it for me."
    ***SONIC KICK***

Originally posted by Shaolin-Do
    So, what you are saying is, you wish you could be GDAs *****.... we all know you've gone out and gotten a boob job.....
    just don't get the hairy face transplant.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

yeah, it's not very realistic either, I mean where would you find all those hot chicks in an internal martial arts class?

Yeah, it should be about a power yoga class whose instructor uses his super yoga powers to fight crime when he's not busy banging all the hot chicks in his class.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers