Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leung Ting in action

Arrow Leung Ting in action

Here's a link to some mpegs of Leung Ting Sifu in action.

Enjoy!

http://wingtsunwelt.vipex.net/englis.../video_lt.html
    *There is no Rene. Understand that, then bend yourself.* Rene Ritchie

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

* You want more fight? (Jackie Chan)

Originally posted by wujidude
    I liked the videoclips . . . he's good. But so are a lot of other people who don't call themselves (or let themselves be called) "Great Grand Master (GGM)." Hell, even William Cheung doesn't market himself that way.

Regards,

Great GREAT Grand Master Wujidude
    Um...not trying to start a war or anything, but please tell me that 11th Degree Master of Almightiness is a joke? The picture looks unusual with those hands there and all.
    I have a signature.

Bullshido!!!

Oh my gosh what a site! I'm so upset about that. I hate it when MMA guys make fun of kung fu and various of MAs. Just mocking WC practicioners and everything

I mean the videos of the street fights were not too shabby... I just should have known what kind of site it was from those videos

I get this crap from BJJ people that I work with telling me my kung fu sucks and if internal energy is such a great thing than I should start picking things up with my internal energy---then follow it up with a few good solid "f**k wing chun f**k wing chun!!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Re: Bullshido!!!

Originally posted by anneemu4

I get this crap from BJJ people that I work with telling me my kung fu sucks and if internal energy is such a great thing than I should start picking things up with my internal energy---then follow it up with a few good solid "f**k wing chun f**k wing chun!!"

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr [/B]
    -----------------------------------
    Hi- I dont know who you are learning wing chun from... but if you have been at it for 7 months or so- it is still too early to understand the art. If you are going to learn any art- you cant worry too much about critics- so long as you have good instruction.
    It is best I always argue to find the best instruction possivle- in any art.... does not have to be wing chun.

I'm not saying that I'm fighting them. It just came up in conversation once and they; right out the gate; started to make fun of me.

I know enough wing chun to know I'm not very good at it :-D

anneemu4

Dude, you got made fun of by a couple of guys who spend most of there time covered in sweat rolling around on the ground together.
    To make matters worse while your attempting your pak sao and bong sao's there out there trying to execute rear mounts and submissions

Seriously BJJ is a great art, so is Wing Chun. There will always be people who dont understand what you do.

Meh, I study Taijiquan as a combat art, imagine the stuff i have to put up with
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Unhappy

Errr... I don't really care about the titles used, I just thought it was nice to see the head of an organisation (not my own) regularly posting footage of him doing his thing.

*I just meet what I would be if I wasd a hot women attracted to me* - Unity (posted on Kung Fu forum)

hey guys - maybe you'll like this ones better:

http://213.47.252.56/wt/vid/ --> there are some from GM Leung Ting in the 70s and from GGM Yip Man --> but you'll need the xvid codec.

ciao

June

Darn it!

Does anyone know where those video files can be found in standard mpeg format?

I can't download the codec at work, and have had trouble with such things on my Mac at home.

Help

black and blue: try using this - i havent used it yet as my Mac isnt online but ive heard its good...

http://www.3ivx.com/download/index.html

it should play divX and Xvid too...

what Mac u got anyway?

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Thumbs up Many thanks Dawood

I will try it when I get home tonight.

I have TWO Macs.

The original Bondi Blue iMac... and an iBook (running OSX).

Mmmm.... as slick as my Sifu's Wing Chun (though a wee bit more expensive!!!)

cool - im running an original g4 with a 1/2 gig of ram for my graphics/web work

cant connect online to the uni server with it though, so i have to use an old p133 mhz pc and can only get dial up

im not too sure on Mac OS X yet though... i still got 9.2 hehe

gee, computer nerds

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

I don't mean to sound like a complete jerk here but it seems like he is sort of sloppy? I might be expecting more from a 'grandmaster' then I should, but it just seems like he is missing his mark alot during those few videos. For example in the first video, it almost seems like he falls over on the guy. In The video where the guy looks like he is going for an over the shoulder throw it looks again like he is going to grab the guys elbow or there abouts and he misses.
    One more thing I noticed, he ends up on someones ribs with his knees at some point, which most undoubtedly would hurt, but his grip on the guys wrist seems weak, if that makes any sense?

Originally posted by black and blue
    Errr... I don't really care about the titles used, I just thought it was nice to see the head of an organisation (not my own) regularly posting footage of him doing his thing.
    Good deeds are always punished. I agree with you though that this is interesting to see. I wish more video clips of Wing Chun in action so comparisons can be made between approaches.

Regards,
    John Weiland
    "Et si fellitur de genu pugnat"
    (And if he falls, he fights on his knees)
    ---Motto of the Roman Legionary

"Aim at Heaven and you will get earth 'thrown in': aim at earth
    and you will get neither." --C. S. Lewis