Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hats Off to ILLUSIONFIST

Radhnoti Guest
    For someone so concerned with our reading comprehension, you sure don't make things easy with your senseless posts. Here's your contradictory statements...IN THE SAME POST.
    "I have stated from the begining that I will not accept a challenge issued over the internet." -Meaning, basically, come find me. Then you wrote, "You should have kept your mouth shut when I was willing meet you at whatever location you chose. "
    SO, in one sentence you say you never intended to meet him and in the next you're saying you WERE going to but have decided it's a bad idea. Your blathering attempts to duck this challenge without withdrawing any of the insulting comments YOU chose to make are sickening. TWS asked you to put up or shut up, you've decided to hide and do neither. Surrounded and protected by your teacher and fellow students, you plan to keep mouthing off. So be it.

MonkeySlap Too, am I dreaming...or did he tell you not to assume things about his style, just to ask. Followed by the declaration that he's not going to go into the history or really ANY info? Maybe he meant you two could correspond via e-mail? A man (or whatever) of contradictions is reemul, eh?

Anyone willing to read the history of your posting can see why TWS challenged you. Anyone who wants to can look back over your initial cocky response, laughingly assuring him you were old enough and far exceeded his skill. Anyone who wants can read of your growing fear as the necessary preparations for the challenge went forth. Anyone can see how you've twisted your own words around trying to find a way out. And ANYONE willing to go through those posts can make their own determination about your character and worth.
    I assume most will make the same determination I have. You WILL NOT insult my style again on this forum without my pointing out your cowardice.

"That government is best which governs least." -- HENRY DAVID THOREAU

MonkeySlap Too Guest

Hey Reemul...

Fair enough. Like I hinted at, I was just goofing. I appreciate your lack of concern over other people's opinions. This is an attitude cetrtainly shared by the SD group. With the notable exception in that we have seen SD, I have not seen your school, which of course, makes it impossible for me to make a judgement call. Please take my previous posts in the manner they were intended. Just supposition.

On the other hand, I am revising an earlier post. Technology changes things. I see nothing wrong with accepting an internet challenge - especially if there is a respectable go-between like JWT.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

reemul Guest

sometimes things get lost in transition

To Monkey Slap Too,

Don't worry about man, I don't get worked up over these message boards, a lot of things get taken out of context and musunderstood. Hell I look at our Website and it doesn't even come close painting the picture of what we do. With regard to instructors that make up systems, I do know what your talking about, I've seen that a few times myself.

To Radhnoti: I quite reading your posts, I grew tired of your incoherent babbling, so save yourself the time and effort. When I see your name on a post I just skip to the next one.

BeiKongHui Guest

Rad & TWS

How old are you guys anyway?

I just met a guy who got his 2nd degree BB at age 13 :confused: and his 3rd at 15 from Sin The. I also know another 15 year old that has a 2nd under one of Sin's students. My questions are 1)Neither one of these kids possesses any skill at all, they just memorized the katas and paid their fees. Do you not see a problem with this? I study Kung Fu & we don't use belts but I was under the impression that in most karate styles that awarded belts it took about 10 years to achieve that first black...what's the deal?
    2)These are not isolated incidents don't you feel that by selling belts like this it minimizes the importance and meaning of said belts?

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
    --Khalil Gibran

Radhnoti Guest
    BKH, I'm 28. I've never met a blackbelt in SD younger than 20...I don't doubt that they exist, but I've not met one. I've heard of some SD instructors giving black belts with a white band to young students that have learned the forms. The understanding is that they'll re-test for "full black" when they get older. I believe that this is the plan my instructor intends to follow...if the situation ever arises. You HAVE to wait 3 months between lower belt test. And I know MY instructor has said that WE have to wait 6 months between brown belt test, but that might be just his way of making sure we know our brown belt material better. SO, assuming no failures (we have 4 students in our class now who've failed under other instructors) a person can have a black belt in...2 1/2 to 3 years depending on when GM Sin or another master is available to judge. (BTW, noticed the assumption that we study karate...we've done that though, so I'm passing it over to get to your actual questions.)
    I think that earning a BB in SD is something to take pride in, but it certainly doesn't NECESSITATE the ever elusive term "mastery". I want a black belt and I give respect as is proper to SD black belts. But, having said this, I know I can outfight some blackbelts...as I'm sure some whitebelts can outfight me. The things that SD teaches can only improve upon the basic blueprint mother nature gave each of us. You say SD is "selling" belts, I say it's offering it's students the knowledge to improve themselves. Whether or not they choose to "cash in" upon what they've been given is their choice. My instructor and GM Sin CONSTANTLY say that when you earn your black belt you're JUST BEGINNING to really study Shaolin-Do.
    By the way, BKH I love the quote. Khalil Gibran? I've never heard of him, but I'm gonna see what I can dig up about him.

BeiKongHui Guest
    No Rad I wasn't assuming it's Karate. I don't want to insult any Karateka's. I'm sorry but I am more familiar with your art and GM Sin than you are and I just don't buy all the BS that SD students spout. Don't take it personally because I don't have a problem with you, you seem ok unlike that TWS fellow who seems to have some major insecurities. However, if you are interested I can tell you about some places in Kentucky to get good quality instruction. You seem serious about martial arts so why not visit one of the more reputable schools and see how you compare to the students who have a similar level of experience. I'm not talking about any kind of challenge or any macho BS like that just go in and watch and ask questions. What do you have to lose?

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
    --Khalil Gibran

shaolin_knight Guest
    Radhnoti, I think he was just talking about belt systems, which are generally used by Karate and Karate derived systems, but not saying you are either. You already explained why you guys use belts.

My grandma likes Kalil Gibran. She has a bunch of his books. He's interesting. Check him out Radhnoti.

Radhnoti Guest
    BKH, I studied another style (Japanese though) under the fellow generally acknowledged as "the best" in SE KY, and I prefer SD. But, hey, my instructor encourages us to check out other schools and exchange information...anything to learn. He and I have been to a local school's (BJJ/Ninjitsu school) seminars, it was fun. So, sure, send me the names of some schools you'd suggest (via e-mail if you wish). If I'm in the area sometime I'll swing by, or maybe I'll talk my instructor into swinging by with me and making a day of it. He keeps a pretty open mind.

cho Guest
    " WE have to wait 6 months between brown belt test, but that might be just his way of making sure we know our brown belt material better."

maybe your instructor teaches it as a martial art, whereas Thé wants to make money.o

qy Guest

Illusionfist is cool but willow?

Willow have you shared these classy threads with your teacher or Sin The? (knowing them I don't think they would approve)

I wonder if Illusionfist is still pleased to have met with you?
    :confused:

joedoe Guest

reemul

Does Guardian of the Temple have a website? I am just curious to see what styles it has listed. Well, actually, I just want to see if my style is listed :).

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    What we do in life echoes in Eternity

reemul Guest

To Abandit

No website as far as I know.

joedoe Guest
    Thanks. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go there and see for myself :)

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    What we do in life echoes in Eternity

The Willow Sword Guest

QY

My Teacher knows that i post here, as do other SD members. As far as Gm The'? i do not know. i would think not but if they read the posts they would see that i Defend SD and stand up for the school where noone else high up in the organization will. silence they say can be golden, however i beg to differ when sooo much crap is thrown our way. for MYSELF i feel that we need to stand up against folks such as yourself and promote ourselves as a Shaolin school as well as a good Martial arts school. Radhnoti seems to be getting into the KFMForum fix here..IT IS ADDICTIVE I KNOW. as i have stated before that i am not an isolationist and that i am not naive to other systems of shaolin or kungfu. Whereas i have my opinions about the "Shaolin"practiced in the temple in china today i still maintain a certain level of respect for what happens there and in this country....you know it is amazing that we as a School show respect to everyone and get little in return..i do not feel that the reason why we are so respectful of others is becuase we have this hidden adgenda,,i believe it is because we have a fondness for the martial arts and we adhere to the prinviples of good conduct as per stated in the shaolin code of ethics. i cannot say the same thing for most of you(including you MonkeyslapToo). So let em read on,,in fact i hope that ONE of the higher ups in the SD organization does look at whats been going on. For i would like to know that id what i am doing is Approved of or not. if it isnt then i would have to say that i think that it is time that we stop being so private and isolationist and go out there and start going to other tournaments and competeing and sparring and establishing respect(since that is what seems to establish respect here) And for Gm The' to write or even take up offers to be interviwed about his history and lineage. i believe it to be true and stand behind what he says,,,yes i do have my questions about things,,i will leave it up to him to decide for all of us whether or not it is of anyones buisiness....but i have stated before that the history does not concern me really,,i have read and heard enough history.
    any way QY there is my response. oh and dont respond to this with a bunch of pre- programmed "you cant see the truth and all that other clap jap" ive heard it all before :rolleyes:

many Respects, willow Sword

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
    Luke?! Luke?! dont give into hate. That leads to the dark side.
    Obi Wan Kenobi,,star wars, empire strikes back.

MonkeySlap Too Guest
    ooh. I guess I'm a bad boy then.

It's a shame that reasoned questions and requests for support or evidence for outrageous statements is considered bad behavior.

Most of us here can produce classmates from our teachers, historical info, things that can be supported outside of our own group.

Shaolin-do has a lot of questionable ethics attached to it's history, it's claims and how the art 'grows' as well as what it claims to teach. (Has anyone EVER compared thier 'chen' style with the Chen family?)

I actually have first hand experience, and I don't share those stories because they would be impolite. I don't want to make the SD organization look bad - they can do that on thier own.

Oh- after much consideration, I declined a job offer in Kentucky. Now THAT would have been fun. In the belly of the SD beast.

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.