Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hats Off to ILLUSIONFIST

suff0beast Guest

Late in the game

Hey all,

ok been reading this awhile, and have found alot of weird shtuff in here.

first of all in the case of SD students that have no skill... They don't train hard enough. How many of those students do you think ACTUALLY go home and train more? How many more do you think get up early in the morning and train? How many do you think just train in Class? There is your skill level.

2. TWS in your defense. 15yrs MA. And when/where do you train? Is it outside of your school, is it when you wake up and do your yijinjing?

2. Reemul in your defense.. How long have you studied, how long DO you study?

You see style has no place in this. I have seen SD students that suck beyond compare, I ask them when they learn, they say only in class maybe 2x a week!!! I see an ex g/f who studies every morning, and she is on hell of a fighter.

TWS - Your crusade is courageous, it is honorable to defend your style and your knowledge. Who are we to tell you that YOU suck, that SD produces bad fighters? Yes some may have fought SD students, and tore em up, but does that mean that ALL SD are bad fighters?

Bottom Line - Either you can fight or you can't. Not all Boxers are good fighters!

reemul - You should accept the challenge. Screw old principles about in person Challenges. TWS has extended a challenge that even I couldn't refuse! I think alot of people here are pretty much in the same boat, saying they would accept if the challenge were to them. And if the whole "my instructor extends this challenge.." response to an email then, hell man you just been volunteered by your own instructor. (I remember reading that somewhere about the email TWS sent to Reemuls master)

Next bottom line... Just get the F*** in there and throwdown, share a beer later and quit talking about "when I whoop his A**..", or "As soon as you get beat down..." that is no good.

BTW - It isn't always the style (regardless of if it claims Shaolin) it is the fighter... And how they customize their training to work for them. Praying mantis, Hung ga, Shaolin Tiger will never use ALL of their applications, just the ones they have perfected over and over to their body mechanincs!!!

qy Guest

Hi Willow

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> any way QY there is my response. oh and dont respond to this with a bunch of pre- programmed "you cant see the truth and all that other clap jap" ive heard it all before [/quote]

Willow thanks for your response. I think you DO see the "truth". I don't see how you can't if your prior training was worth anything. I DO think that you pass on info that you know is false.
    I think you might be a bright guy and you think SD is going to offer you a teaching position or School opportunity soon. I think SD peeps look for peeps like you to make the whole thing look good. They latch on to someone with talent or prior training, ABSORB what that person has to offer, even show them off. They will put that person on display every time a perspective student comes around. They will promote that person even faster than usual. They will "invite" that person to learn forms that are "above" their level. Don't get me wrong, they DO want and need you to keep the whole thing going. They are gonna treat you right.

The question is do you want to represent these people you whole life. How many people do you want to tell these stories to? How many people do you want to see learn tai chi in a few hours? How many worthless blackbelts to you want to promote? How long do you want to keep this up?

As for Sin The offering interviews.....The only ones that I am aware of are written by his long time friend and student. These infomercials are printed as advertisments. (I did not see the latest in IKF)

Anyway I hate long posts, but you wrote such a nice note.........

reemul Guest

To suff0beast

you are a bit late and all these issues have been resolved. Some time in Nov. it will happen.

The Willow Sword Guest

SuffotheBeast

my regimen.
    in the morning a i wake up and already there is a pot of green tea being brewed by my brewmaster coffee machine. its got a timer set and i always have a fresh pot ready to go. i drink that,, stretch maybe take a warm bath and stretch more. i do the qigong sets taught to me over the years. this regiman in the morning is not always followed. as i have other life things that i do. when i was teaching at the SD school in Austin i was training 6 days a week and teaching the classes as well. about 4to 5 hours a day. sometimes i would be too tired to attend our rigorous basic skills training. but being that my peers were there and that i would be with them ,sweating with them. i would manage to pick myself up and go. this regiman was not always followed. i have had almost a year break from the rigorous training regimen that i dedicated myself to.(sometimes you can wear yourself out with too much excersise) i have been slowly getting back into the groove again. this altitude that i am at(7-8000 ft) PLUS the mountains have increased my endurance and level of skill internally. i conserve alot now but is still have a good workout in the park(about 2-3 hours of training)this is done now 2 times a week. i need it to be more but i have a life of things to do that keep the roof over my head. i teach on saturday mornings a taichi and qigong class and sundays i work out and teach whoever shows up in the park...
    it will be interesting to see how i fair when i go back to sea level and train and fight in thicker air. the classes at SD in Austin are 6days a week. there is ALWAYS something going on over there. hey man that is what we do.
    Monkeyslaptoo: maybe you are forgetting that these reasonable questions that you ask some of us are questions THAT WE DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWERS TO,,not because we are inept but because either one we truly do not know and do not care OR we do not know because we are not in the school to be an authority on history and lineages and everything else that YOU seem to be more preoccupied with. As far as The Chen villiage is concerned and chen taichi when the school recently went to china ,Chen villiage was one of the stops. as i have heard it from a known instructor and friend who went there we showed the CHen taichi that we learned in the SD organization and then they showed us the Chen form. of course thiers was more crisp than ours due to their dedicated timne in training solely in it. But it was recognized that what we were doing IS CHEN TAICHI and we were well recieved and hnored for our dedication to what we were doing. as a matter of fact when the school was at shaolin there was a demo that took place at one of the wushu schools near the temple. when we demonstrated some of our forms. the instructor of the school then demonstarted what he called a "TRADITIONAL" Form and it was almost excactly like ours in style and manner. the instructor was pleased that we were continuing what he called the "OLD TRADITIONAL FORMS" that we were freely practicing. now if this was a smokescreen from them then i dont know what to make of it,,but it seems hardly the case since we were in thier country and they could have ousted us in a sec if they thought that what we were doing was crap and an insult to thier ways and methods. These people may be humble and nice but as all of you know that the asian mindset and mindset of the people are fiercly PROUD of what they do andit would not matter if we were asians or french or any other nationality. so do not reply with this(and i have read it before) that "well they wouldnt tell you that you were full of ****,,for this would hurt tourism and so on and so forth". anyone who knows,,KNOWS that is BS. so there it is...ANd apparently from RAd's picture the Chen Villiage allowed the students to erect a tablet honoring GM sin. doesnt matter who paid for it, in my opinion. it is funny when i read that ANYONE CAN ERECT a tablet at the shaolin temple or chen villiage if they have enough money.. so with that being the case can the "brotherhood of the aryan nation"erect a tablet honoring hitler at the temple? or possibly the "pedafiles anonymous" group erect a tablet honoring Fatty Arbuckle at the temple? hmm i wonder.

even if one does have the money they STILL HAVE to go through proper channels and get permission granted to set these things up. anyway i am off the point a bit but wanted to interject that.

Many Respects,WIllow SWord

Whatever you think i am or want me to be,,, i am.
    Luke?! Luke?! dont give into hate. That leads to the dark side.
    Obi Wan Kenobi,,star wars, empire strikes back.

reemul Guest

training???

I don't train, what I do is a lifestyle. Training signifies a means to an end. I just do for the sake of doing. My days consist of large numbers and long periods of endused stress and meditation.

shaolinboyb3c Guest

Ohh.

I think the point was a good one. If the very homeland of the art is impressed then maybe it can't be that fake. Sd students may not practice like the monks do. Hell, I know some at my class that only practice twice a week. I for one practice daily. I only get in about an hour a day, but even with that I far exceed those that rarely practice, no matter the art. The practioners are not the art. Look at a high ranked martial artist regardless of style. He/she has worked for where he/she is and deserves respect. If you go into a low level class then of course you shall witness nothing spectacular.