Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Google cache: http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

You can copy sites like this onto your PC, in case they are taken down by their hosts. Try this free tool: SuperBot for Windows.

[Censored]

Thanks for the help. I have a hard copy of the article with the pictures but I needed an electronic one.
    PR
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Exclamation OH wow!!!

Are you kidding me?

That's crazy.

Does he really say that stuff???

It must be true. I mean look, it is written with red font on a black background-very convincing! I mean, this guy who wrote the article is asian, and asians know what is going on in the secret circles. It can only be true. Therefore it is of utmost importance for top instructors in "rival" organizations to spend their time on an internet forum to find out what happened to such an important link. You see they need to store it on their computer otherwise they will just have to remain frustrated for the rest of their lives.

Now they can rest assured that regardless of some pointless, nameless 1986 incident, at least the other guy was just a phony!

What a load of their shoulders this must be!

Phil could you possible e-mail me a copy with the pictures?
    My E-mail is tmancombatives@yahoo.com

Tony
    Attack, attack, attack -- come at your target from every possible direction and press until his defenses overload. Never give him time to recover his balance: never give him time to counter.
    Stover

http://www.members.shaw.ca/tmanifold

Hi guys,

What on earth is any of that? I cant get anything legable. What is the story about? What scandal? Could some one P.M with the info, i would greatly appreciate it!!
    Victor
    "The **** drugs are doing me again!!"--Dee Snyder

Notice how all the senior posters won't touch this one?

Old news.

Bury the dead - they stink up the place.
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*

I can understand Phil.

Why should we bury this? Isn't it a tenet of wing chun forums to flog dead horses?

Seriously, isn't it ridiculous that members of "rival" (I quote "rival" because I thought this **** was dead and buried) need to find out what happened to this link or this story? It is as if they need to post it on their school walls to feel justified and self-righteous -"Hey students, look! - These guys are fake, so we must be the real thing!"

Do I, as a WT person find it of utmost importance to keep copies of the VTAA letters about Mr. William C. that were written pre-1986? No - I simply don't care. After I read them, (along with articles and interviews with William C. (pre-1986) where he is, in my opinion, a bit insulting to the other WC styles) I just threw them out. Who cares? I really don't own copies of them anymore, and I am someone who collects all this kind of stuff.

What is funny about this article is that it naturally only reflects one side of the story. I could go in to the whole thing about this being a setup, but that would be speculative and merely my opinion. We have enough conspiracy theories living in the States anyway.

Has anyone ever seen the newspaper articles written about this "scandal"? Probably not, because they are in Chinese. I have archived copies of the newspaper articles about this, including where Leung Ting is quoted as saying he was the "head of the wing chun school". This article was written under false information as promotion for a kung-fu tv show that Leung Ting was producing. Leung Ting was so upset that the newspaper printed that, that he immediately called and asked for a retraction and apology from the newspaper. The correction/apology was printed in the same newspaper the next day. But of course very few people noticed (or wanted to notice) the small retraction in the paper.

Also, hasn't anybody realized that even Leung Ting discusses these "scandals" in his books Wing Tsun Kuen and Roots of Wing Tsun? It's not like he is trying to keep people from knowing what was going on. The book Wing Tsun Kuen was first written in what, 1976? Oh, big secrets going on in this forum!

Oh yeah, and Leung Ting calls himself an 8th dan black belt - oh my God! Well actually Leung Ting calls himself the 10th Level (not black belt)! Is this shocking? No, because every successful martial arts organization has a grading structure - Mr. William C. included. There must be one in order to establish hierarchy and a standard curricullum. Isn't every belt/rank/grading system eventually self-created? Somewhere along the line somebody said "OK, well I am the such and such level". Who awarded any WC/VT/WT grandmaster with a gold sash, or 10th Level or black belt? Ultimately it was themselves (or their students) somewhere along the line. Scandalous!

It is not my goal or job to defend my Si-Gung point for point. In my experience the more you try to defend, the more you are put on attack. Even if someone much more informed and intelligent than myself proves every single one of my points wrong, I still don't care. I have found what I love doing. Why should I spend my time refuting what others choose as their path?

Are you guys not satisfied with the wc/vt/wt style of your choice? Why are so many forum contributors secretly self-hating martial artists?

I don't regularly post, I spend most of my time working and training. Only occasionally do I put in my two cents. That is about all it is worth.

Thomas W.

Leung Ting

Just FYI, Leung Ting has, just recently, been awarded Level 11 (Master of Almightness). And I quote, "this level is an honorary title and is only conferred to a great grandmaster (10th Level MOC) of the WingTsun System after he has retired."

On his passing away perhaps Leung Ting
    will be awarded the level that does not exist in reality (Sage of Philospohy)

Also, hasn't anybody realized that even Leung Ting discusses these "scandals" in his books Wing Tsun Kuen
    "Fraid I don't find that in my copy but it's a first printing. Was it added later?
    Fun is my Chinese neighbors middle name...

marcelino31 - Thank you for totally missing the point about the self created ranking systems (of which you are also a part of).

Your response reminded me about how useless this or any other forum is.

Surprisingly (or perhaps not), you are very much up to date on what is going on in the Leung Ting organization. Obsess much?

Kuen - it may have been added in the 2nd printing. It is in the article about Leung Ting under the heading "misunderstanding among kung fu brothers".

In any case, you would find it in any recent edition.

Also the german book "Geschichte des Yip Man Wing Tsun Stiles" (History of the Yip Man Wing Tsun style) from the EWTO, contains copies of the Chinese newspaper articles reporting on all these events. My wife is from Hong Kong and she translated it all for me. In my last trip to Hong Kong I went to a library in Kowloon and found the complete articles (and subsequent follow ups over the years 1976-78) and had copies made for my records.

If you ever have the chance to pick up Roots of Wing Tsun, there is a copy of an interview with Grandmaster Yip Man in Chinese. Find a Chinese speaking friend to translate it for you. That is all I will say.

Originally posted by datou
    marcelino31 - Thank you for totally missing the point about the self created ranking systems (of which you are also a part of).

Your response reminded me about how useless this or any other forum is.

Surprisingly (or perhaps not), you are very much up to date on what is going on in the Leung Ting organization. Obsess much?

Datou, I am not part of Leung Ting organization, I am simply stating information about LT.

Datou seems like you yourself have a problem with obsession and perhaps other mental problems as well.
    Last edited by marcelino31; 04-27-2003 at 09:44 AM.