Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willy Wetzel

Willy Wetzel

A friend of mine studies under a student of his in the style of Poekoelan Tjimindie Tulen which he founded. His teacher is one of the most profound i have encountered in both the spiritual and combat aspects of martial arts and just being a student of willy's who is now teaching it made me wonder about mr wetzel himself. So, does anyone know anything about Willy Wetzel and his life or style?

You mean before or after he left "the Chocolate Factory"?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

He had a close relationship with the Reeders family. Was one incredible martial artsist, I have seen film of him teaching. If your foot ever left the ground, your butt would beat it back to earth.
    At a boy Luther!!!!

where did you find this video? he's my sigung or whatever you guys call it and i have only seen pictures up till now.
    where's my beer?

There's one of these schools about a block from my dojo...i'll check it out....meanwhile

http://www.poekoelan.com/index1.html

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    he's supposed to be up one side of my 'family' tree as well.curious.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

shaolin ... let me know who the teacher is ... ill ask my sifu if he trained with them or if he knows if they are any good.
    where's my beer?

Any relation to this guy?

If so...I can give you a LOT of info on his father...I used to work with one of his students who studied under him in the '70s.

holy sh it ... did you listen to the music he put up there. i definately hope hes not related to willy for that reason alone.

i honestly doubt it though .... i have seen the rose used in other pukulan schools but he may just be capitalizing on that. ill ask sifu next thursday.
    where's my beer?

well sh it .... he is in pa ... so he very well might be related or at least a student who happened to have the same last name willy took when he came over. what can you tell me about his father.
    where's my beer?

This has turned out to be an interesting thread!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    This has turned out to be an interesting thread!
    Quite unusual for KFO.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Jim Wetzel is Willy Wetzels son.

I have no direct experience with the Wetzel clan, so I cannot speak to it. But, I do know from police reports and court documents that Willy Wetzel was killed by his other son in self-defense.

It's an interesting story.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I had heard that too. no details though. now I need to go figure out where the link is back up the line.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

you know i was just about to post that i didnt just ask my sifu about willy's life as he didnt seem to like talking about him very much. i figured they had a fallout or something.

now i know why.

this has turned out to be an ineteresting thread indeed.

do you have any links to that story or can you elaborate?
    where's my beer?