Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How are you then?

Excellent. At first I was surprised at how friendly New Zealanders were towards Aussies and it kinda humbled me into thinking I shouldn't give them such a hard time in Australia. Then as we progressed towards Auckland they started to give me a hard time too - nothing too bad but the usual conversation went like this:

Kiwi: Where are you from?
    Me: Sydney
    Kiwi: Oh well, we won't hold that against you *s****** s*******.

I kept thinking, "Fair cop, I give you guys a lot of crap in Oz. But if you are going to make fun of me at least a) be original and b) be amusing".

Anyway, the trip was great. I am really impressed with the landscape in NZ and the people on the whole were very good. Not too different to here in the lifestyle (there were times when I had to remind myself I was not in Oz anymore).

I'd go back again

How was your birthday party?

We gotta hook up soon
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Ooooh, it makes me hazy jusy trying to remember that night. Turned into a really big one and I spent all of Good Friday feeling very ordinary indeed. Was great fun though!

Glad your trip was good. Did you notice how the kiwi's would take an opportunity to charge you for anything?

Kiwi: Come and see our fantastic ruins of an old Maori village. Only ten bucks!

You: OK, sounds good.

*Pays $10, walks through gate*

You: Where's this ruined village then?

Kiwi: See those mounds over there covered in grass? Those are old huts, buried by volcanic ash 500 years ago.

You: Are you sure?

Kiwi: Certainly. Look, here's a plaque telling you all about it.

You: *Turns to look at plaque*

*Sounds of running Kiwi feet, clutching your ten dollars*

Yes, we should catch up soon. Give me a shout when you have some spare time. You missed a yum cha lunch with TaoBoy last weekend. That was nice.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Er... It wasn't nice that you missed it. I meant it was a nice lunch!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Originally posted by Serpent
    Ooooh, it makes me hazy jusy trying to remember that night. Turned into a really big one and I spent all of Good Friday feeling very ordinary indeed. Was great fun though!

Glad your trip was good. Did you notice how the kiwi's would take an opportunity to charge you for anything?

Kiwi: Come and see our fantastic ruins of an old Maori village. Only ten bucks!

You: OK, sounds good.

*Pays $10, walks through gate*

You: Where's this ruined village then?

Kiwi: See those mounds over there covered in grass? Those are old huts, buried by volcanic ash 500 years ago.

You: Are you sure?

Kiwi: Certainly. Look, here's a plaque telling you all about it.

You: *Turns to look at plaque*

*Sounds of running Kiwi feet, clutching your ten dollars*

Yes, we should catch up soon. Give me a shout when you have some spare time. You missed a yum cha lunch with TaoBoy last weekend. That was nice.
    I know what you mean about charging. We went up SkyTower in Auckland. First you gotta pay to go to the observation deck. Then there is another deck further up that you need to pay $3 for!

I am a little disillusioned about some of the Maori stuff now. We went to see a cultural show (that they charged an absolute bundle for) and while it was entertaining and informative I couldn't help getting the feeling that they were making a few things up as they went along. Then when I started asking one of the hosts a few questions, they seemed to clam up very quickly.

All in all it was a good trip though. Loved Taupo.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    Im eating a hamburger I cooked, drinking choclate milk and singing along with The Temptations, Im good.
    You listen to The Temptations?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

da mn im drunk.
    where's my beer?

He can't help it.

Joe, I hear ya. Then again, I was up in Cairns not too long ago and there's a real "aboriginal village" up there where "real aborigines" teach you how to throw a spear into a target on a hay bale, then they have a feast and do some dancing for you. Not so far removed really.

The funny thing was, I didn't go to that village, but if you take the cable car down from Kuranda you pass right over the village. As we passed over there were three guys all painted up and dressed in roo skins having a beer and a *** hidden away behind a building. Or so they thought!

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    da mn im drunk.
    What on? Beer? Wine? Whisky? Success?

i dont do whisky and success is only a vauge memory.
    where's my beer?

You were successful at getting drunk tonight. It's all about perspective.

11. Thumbs up

"So wassup with you?"
    I´m sort of trying to force myself to read something-focus.

I should have known,this is rather serpent´ish thread.
    The sunset´s setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Everything has gone pear-shaped.
    Girl trouble.

Where's life's pause button when you need it?
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Originally posted by SevenStar

You listen to The Temptations?
    Yup.
    I have a signature.

I was listening to Sam Cooke when I was getting ready this morning. I was even singing along, if you call what I do singing. It's more like what coyotes do to make their cries carry- it's not exactly the same note, it's sort of close, sometimes.

Sam Cooke was one smooth dude.

I am tired and dont know which beuatiful woman to pursue.
    blah.
    Stupid choices.
    hehehehe
    Did you know that death is the number one killer in the entire world?