Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chi kung and Allergies/Asthma

I heard green tea helps allergies. My allergic reactions are very painful. My chest where the lung meridian starts by the end of pectoral starts to get sore inside and out. The chest gets inflamed. The muscles feel like i was doing heavy weights. My throat gets swollen and the muscles tighten. My lymphnodes swell up feeling like someone is stabbing me there. My nose feels like i snort cayenne for a buzz. Im not showing off like my allergies are worse then you guys. But this is everyday! Im sick of it. And I didnt even mention the asthma. My body sometimes forgets to breath on its own. I wake up all of a sudden taking deep breaths.

The forgetting to breathe MAY be asthma...but have you been checked for Sleep Apnea?

This is a disorder where you do not breathe while sleeping. Those that have it usually feel tired a lot (sleep interrupted and all). It CAN be a dangerous condition...and lead to things like heart attacks ...

Thats just great! I just started getting this because of the allergies

Cool grinding hands

Look for someone who knows Qigong 18. Perform the routine slowly and attempt to breathe as deeply as possible. I have allergies/asthma and this routine has helped me very much. Have a good day.

"The movement of the breathe determines the movement of the body".
    xiaotiema

repulsive monkey, you are wrong on a few things, yes, lung and ki deficiency cause alot of these problems, but it can also be a problem of any of the 5 element cycles, including liver, or sp. so a pulse, diagnoses is a good strt. but we know by western nutrition also, that stress over a prolonged period, and body tension, can also lead to asthma. also the immune system may be hyper, not weak, and in tcm, rarely will anyone say theoir is a kidney excess, which is a weakness of that medicine. there can be a kidney excess, from prolong environment stress, or life stress,, which will send the immune system in overdrive, and you can become sensitive to anything.

read some of mark seems books on acupuncture physical medicine, and you will see what i mean. the man is a genius, and a great doc. also, i agree with shanghai, and beijing docs being the best. preferably go to someone with a phd from these schools and you are in good hands.

i am a tcm student, and yes, i can graduate, and have a legitimate liecense, but in reality, the pulse reading takes years of experince, if i were very sick, i would trust better in a doc from shanghai or beijing university, these are the 2 best schools in all of china.
    ignorance stops growth

what you are desribing, can also be silent acid reflux, and the fumes of acid irritate the lungs, its common to happen while sleeping, and being awakened by it. maybe look into this also. it caN CAUSE ALL THE CHEST TIGHTNESS AND PAINS YOU DESCRIBE
    ignorance stops growth

Que haces flaco?
    Kwantung is also a good university.

I think you on to something Flaco. I have stomach problems alot. What are somethings i can do?

Peace

go to a gastroenterologist, and ask to have an endoscopy done. dont waste your time with any barium x rays they will suggest. get an endoscopy, and they look inside your stomache, and see if you have reflux signs (burns in esophogus.) this is your start. if needed further, you get a 24 hr ph test, which is uncomfortable, but the insert a tube down your nose, and it stays for 24 hours, and it measures any acid in in your chest during the 24 hrs, this is the most accurate test.
    ignorance stops growth