Thread: The Short Sweeper

The Short Sweeper

Is the short sweeper the same thing as the nunchaku?
    What styles of Kung Fu teach it? Does Hung Gar include it in its weapons curriculum?

the little sweeper has a handle almost twice the length of the short side. I measured the one we use and the handle is 2 feet long and the striking end is 12 inches long.

our form has the sweeper in the right hand and the sabre in the left hand. Was told it came from the Jing Wu.

eric

Although i have never used ut u have read about the samll sweeper.
    I knnow that it is used in Mok gar.
    I read that it came about when a sifus small staff broke.Leaving one smaller and one larger peice.Aparently he was so attached to this staff that he chained the two together.

Don't know if thats true just what i've read.

The story that you are referring to relates to the "big sweeper" or dai so gee. I think the general or emporer of the Sung/Song Dynasty.

I have also seen the "small sweeper" siu so gee and broadsword form. Shek Kin taught it to my sifu, Lee Koon Hung. Shek Kin had a link to Jing Mo Mun so I think it may be the same set.

Peace.

I know which story u r refering to.
    BUt i do remember thinking theywere similar when i read them both in seperate books.BUt that one (or so i read) related to the small sweeper.
    hmmm
    Ne body know the orogins of the small sweeper?

Weren't they just farming implements for thrashing the rice?
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

I know thats hoenunchuckas came about.BUt i thought the small sweeper had different origins.