Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: A lesson to think about.

nar, theres more potential yet

Originally posted by Serpent
    Interesting turn of phrase!

Do you think we've belittled LC's post enough yet?
    Belittled? That certainly wasn't my intention but I guess we have. Sorry LC

How come all threads involving serpent turn into a discussion of gay sex?
    Simple Aussie male childishness (I suffer from the same problem ). Nothing to worry about. We'll get over it when we die
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Oh good!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

This will teach me to post anything MA related and trying to get a discussion going.

Sigh.

Back to making nasty remarks about the U.S.A.

Originally posted by Laughing Cow
    This will teach me to post anything MA related and trying to get a discussion going.

Sigh.

Back to making nasty remarks about the U.S.A.

There there ! It is a great story, and a good lesson nevertheless. Definitely a big thank you for sharing it

Originally posted by shaolin kungfu
    How come all threads involving serpent turn into a discussion of gay sex?
    Hey! I resemble that remark!

(Actually, not all of them. Just occasionally. Just as many turn into a discussion of hetero sex; just check out the got qi thread!)
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Yeah, LC, it is an interesting story.

Of course, I'm sure BlackJack would have pre-emptively beaten down the drunk as the guy's drunkeness threatened BJ's security.

Prana would have transcended the drunk guy.

You would have pointed out the inconsistencies in his drunkeness.

Rogue would have posted a link to a picture of the planes crashing into the WTC.

Xebby would have complained about there being no wimmins on trains these days.

ChangStyleNovice would have managed to bring up pot or music into the discussion.

Etc., Etc...

Interesting how we all respond differently, ain't it.

Originally posted by prana

There there ! It is a great story, and a good lesson nevertheless. Definitely a big thank you for sharing it
    You of course know that I was joking.

Back on topic.

This story shows something that I think is encountered by many.

In short they train in MA to avoid a fight, but become somehow blinded to non-violent options and thus try to resolve a possible confrontation with fighting rather than explore alternate methods first.

This can be seen in many aspects of their lifes.

What are your takes on this?

Originally posted by Laughing Cow
    Back on topic.

This story shows something that I think is encountered by many.

In short they train in MA to avoid a fight, but become somehow blinded to non-violent options and thus try to resolve a possible confrontation with fighting rather than explore alternate methods first.

This can be seen in many aspects of their lifes.

What are your takes on this?
    I agree. I think the thing is that in MA we train primarily to handle the violent situation. Handling a situation non-violently, while often stressed by teachers, is often taught as an after-thought. So naturally our first reaction is to consider the violent path first - whether this is because we have not thought enough about the situation, or whether it is seen as an opportunity to test what we have learned, I don't know.

Would a psychologist/counsellor/negotiator consider the reasoned approach before a violent one? Probably. Why? Because that is what they are trained to do.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Haha! I just got a mental image of a counsellor whaling away on someone!

"What? Talk to him about it? Oh.... riiiight...."