Thread: "I think you get fat..."

"I think you get fat..."

Thats what my roommate from the floor above me said last night.
    she hasnt seen me in about 2 months and i've gained about 10 lbs since then. mostly muscle.

now, just fyi, i live in a 3 story house where i am the only non-chinese...
    and I know that with asians (especially japanese), they get confused between muscle and fat.

when she said that, well, my little ego took a nose dive and i was like "WHAT!?!"
    So i took out my chinese dictionary and looked up "exercise"... nothing. "muscle", nothing again. So i said "I exercise". then she say "oh! so you get strong, yes?"
    "yes, like jackie chan now!"
    she just smiled and understood... i think anyway.

well, now i'm paranoid thinking i'm a fatass... sigh
    male ego=most fragile thing existing

btw, i'm only 160 at 5'7"... so i think by american standards, thats not fat

I know that with asians (especially japanese), they get confused between muscle and fat.

Never heard that before, but... ok...

btw, i'm only 160 at 5'7"... so i think by american standards, thats not fat

Haha, I'm 170 at 5'9" and according to the American Body Mass Index (BMI) I am grossly obese. Hahaha. Tell that to my six-pack.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Yeah, I liked your little Jackie Chan line you pulled on an Asian person. Not to mention how you say asians can't tell the difference in the weight gain between muscle and fat.

I think most ppl of all races can't really tell difference muscle and fat unless you're all cut and stuff. For example, many ppl would consider powerlifters fat.

Oh yeah, I'm 6'0 and 170 lbs. I'm am also a typical ectomorph.

My mother was telling me the other night about how I am getting fat too! She mentioned that my shoulders were getting fatter

I then pointed out to her that I have in fact been losing weight and that my shoulders are bigger because I finally joined a gym and have been working out more.

And yes, we are of Asian extraction
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Hmmmm

Correction not Male ego=most fragile thing in existence, just ego.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Wink Doesn't matter.

Don't let people who tell you 'you look good' get up up, and don't let dudes who say 'you got fat' bring you down. It's a never ending rollercoaster of emotions that'll leave you anxious at the end of the day. You know if you have to lose or gain weight, and you know what you're capable of, and that is all that matters. Your attitude determines whether your day is fun or dull. Confidence shines like a full moon, and mixed with a little humour, your night can be awesome.

Thats pretty funny, you get fat.
    Put its true, I see power lifters and they look like Fat people cause they arent cut and have huge bellies but its not the flab kind. MOre of the Thing than the Blob
    ***SONIC KICK***

Forget the index, it's based on the mesurments of Ken and Barbie. And taping isn't very good either. When I was in the military, the preferred meathod was to have a doc administer an electo body fat/muscle ratio test. According to USMC guidlines, at 5'1" I should weigh no more than 127 lbs. According to the test, my ideal weight is 142 lbs with a max of 155. Of course, that's a bit out of date now, but my life style is still as active as it was then so I doubt it has changed much.

u_DO_SOUND_PORKY

IF_U_HAVE_BEEN_DOING_YOUR_SUPER_LORD_OF_THE_RINGS_ FITNESS_program_why_are_u_so_porky???
    After_the_lord_of_the_rings_program_u_should_get_r eady_to_train_with_dark_sunglasses_heavy_leather_j acket_for_the_net_blockbuster_due_soon

enjoy
    What advice can you give to someone with 2 black eyes? nothing ! they have already been told!!