Thread: What you been eating?

What you been eating?

What's a typical day's intake for you? I thought it might be interesting to list what we eat in any given day and see how our diets are.

I'll start with yesterday:

Breakfast - Four weetbix with honey, half a banana and soy milk.

Mid-morning - A long roll with salami, semi-dried tomatoes and brie cheese, no butter.

Lunch - A large chicken ceaser salad.

Mid afternoon - An apple and blueberry muffin (it was one of those Nothing Naughty ones with no extra sugar or fat and stuff. It's wholemeal and just nummy!)

Dinner- Large fish fillet with rice and miso soup.

I also snacked on some fuit during the day. All in all that's a pretty light day for me as I usually eat like a horse and burn a lot of calories through training.

What about you?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Average day:

Breakfast: Large bagel with cream cheese and a Slimfast shake.

Lunch: Rare roast beef sandwhich on wheat bread.

Dinner: 1 lb steak with bread and butter, or 1 lb pasta with marinara and sausage sauce, or whatever my mother or I feel like making that evening (usually an equivalent amount of food) It's been mostly chicken noodle soup this week; we made a gigantic pot of it on Monday.

Late evening snack: Fruit or bread, possibly yoghurt. Occasionally pretzels.

I usually have a glass or two of wine with dinner, and sometimes some port in the evening. I drink somewhere between a gallon and a gallon and a half of water over the course of a day, and I take a variety of vitamin supplements (including glucosamine sulfate and oyster shell calcium.)
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Breakfast: Bowl of Raisin Bran with half a sliced banana (pretty much every morning). Once in a while, crepes w/ fresh fruit.

Lunch: Grilled cheese with mushrooms and tomato (or something similar)

Dinner: Either Rice and Beans or Rice and Stir fry (usually chicken though I'm trying out a venison stir fry for the first time tomorrow).

Snacks: apple sauce or pear sauce (homemade, no sugar or preservatives) or just raw fruit or vegetables. Sometimes just a glass of milk.
    "Face it. People are fukked. Why would you want a career helping anyone? Go find a mountain and farm sheep for a living." - Serpent on Personal Training

"Its a cool show, but I think this young super man is a very stupid mother ****er." - yenhoi on Smallville

"They could have had the tagline "Watch Joe Millionaire. More stuff will happen," and they'd have been there." - eulerfan on TV watching Americans

"Anyway, I used to pick girls up all the time in the gym when I was in college. We'd hang out until the aerobics classes ended, and then swoop in while all their endorphins were still pumping.

It's like shooting fish in a barrel." - ghthomason on dating

"I would say that there is a greater chance of a paper dog catching and asbestos cat in hell, while in the lost city of Atlantis, Elvis and Ghengis Khan are using butterfly nets to catch the opera-singing monkeys flying out of my butt, but that implies there's still a chance." - Starboy on optimism

Originally posted by FatherDog
    Average day:

Breakfast: Large bagel with cream cheese and a Slimfast shake.

Lunch: Rare roast beef sandwhich on wheat bread.

Dinner: 1 lb steak with bread and butter, or 1 lb pasta with marinara and sausage sauce, or whatever my mother or I feel like making that evening (usually an equivalent amount of food) It's been mostly chicken noodle soup this week; we made a gigantic pot of it on Monday.

Late evening snack: Fruit or bread, possibly yoghurt. Occasionally pretzels.

I usually have a glass or two of wine with dinner, and sometimes some port in the evening. I drink somewhere between a gallon and a gallon and a half of water over the course of a day, and I take a variety of vitamin supplements (including glucosamine sulfate and oyster shell calcium.)
    Wow. That's a lot of red meat. That's a common day's food for you?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Talking it was recommended by GDA...

b-fast: 3 pots of black coffee. One pack of smokes.

jitters. time for training.

lunch: crow

bitter hatred. workout on the bags.

supper: leftover pizza and alcohol.

resentment. go to classes.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

ok ok just trolling. I never really paid that much attention to it, to tell the truth.

I did do a year's worth of culinary arts, so I tend to like a lot of butter, red meat, rich garlicy sauces, crunchy breads, wine, etc.

No ulcers, no great weight, all real food [I almost never microwave things, for example, and my food is FRESH]... cardio probly sucks, but never got a bad report from the docs yet and I'm pushing 40.
    Last edited by ZIM; 04-30-2003 at 08:56 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

ahem

breakfast : couple toasts with full fat butter, iced-coffee
    snack : usually breakfast bars or chocolate bars whever hungry
    lunch : noodles, or sushi
    snack : more chocolate
    dinner : home cooked meal, usually mostly veges and rice; and more chocolate

Breakfast - oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, banana, milk (occasionally toast)

mid morning - orange, milk

Lunch - soup, salad, fish, steamed vegetables, rice, beans, banana

afternoon - lots of nuts, orange, milk

dinner - salad, pasta, seafood or sometimes poultry, potatoes, boiled egg, dessert

evening - subway sandwich (once a week or so) or some microwave dinner

before bed - milk

I drink water with most meals.

Once I start trying to bulk up I'll throw in some milkshakes too.
    Last edited by abobo; 04-30-2003 at 09:52 PM.

Yeah, I don't even own a microwave. Horrible things. I always try to eat fresh stuff, usually as raw as possible.

Abobo, you got a big appetite, man, you eat more than me!

b-fast: 3 pots of black coffee. One pack of smokes.

jitters. time for training.

lunch: crow

bitter hatred. workout on the bags.

supper: leftover pizza and alcohol.

resentment. go to classes.

Breakfast: veggie burger on light whole wheat bread during weekdays, 3 scrambled egg whites on wheat waffles and a banana on weekends

snack: trail mix granola-type bar

lunch: 1 serving chicken or turkey, 1 serving rice or stuffing, 2 servings mixed veggies.

snack: dried fruit

on way to TKD/Kung fu: apple, power bar (1.5 hour commute, 3 hrs at school)

dinner: veggetable salad with 1 oz nuts, banana, 2 slices light whole wheat bread with light butter

before bed: glass of chocolate milk
    Surrender yourself to nature and be all that you are.

manoman, you guys are gonna have fun with mine!

I'll do yesterday's menu
    about 8 am. Breakfast: Shake consisting of 3 raw eggs (fertile), spoonful of honey (raw, unheated), 1/2cup of organic plain yogurt, some rice milk, banana, raw oatmeal, raw wheat germ, raw mill bran. Before i drink this though, i take a spoonful of Cod liver oil (yuk!).

went training for 2 hours.
    1130: then ate (while in class) apple, salad with mushrooms, imported goat cheese (so its not pastuerized), tomato, pepper, scallion, spinach leaves, vinegar, tofu, and other stuff i cant remember. Then had a piece of beef, bout the the size of a fist.

Lunch 2:00
    raw fish, some buckwheat noodles and 2 kiwis and some almonds or some other nuts

went more training

i usually eat dinner between 530-730 depending on how long i study or exercise.
    Dinner is usually a lot consisting of fish mostly with a fruit and veggies and some chinese dumplings!

about 1 hour after i eat dinner, i usually go to my weakness: chocolate and wine!
    so about 9:00ish, i'm relaxing with that good stuff. and in bed by 10-11

Talking

I like GDA's diet. You get a lot of lean muscle with that.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Yesterday:
    Breakfast: Coffee, slice of Country White bread

Lunch: Steak Quesadilla and Chicken Taco from Taco Fresco (a chain store, not the really good stuff but decent)

Dinner: Lentil Soup with Beef pieces, Coconut rice. I almost went out of my skull, it was so freaking good.

After Dinner Snack: A couple wafers, a few Ritz Bits. One beer, dark.

Today:
    Morning: Coffee, 2 slices of Country White bread, 1 Chicharron from local supermarket.

Lunch:
    Leftover Lentil/Beef soup

Dinner: Dunno. Feel like Kingfish tonight. Prolly with a salad and more rice.

Originally posted by Serpent

Wow. That's a lot of red meat. That's a common day's food for you?
    Well, I don't eat steak every day; that's just an example dinner. I vary up my evening meal a lot, with variously prepared chicken, homemade pizza from scratch, etc. Steak and pasta just happen to be dinners that my average week will almost always include.

Plus, I like steak.

Breakfast and lunch are pretty standard, though. I take some kind of fruit for lunch (in addition to my sandwich) sometimes, and sometimes I don't.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Breakfast: coffee, cottage cheese w/fruit or cold cereal

snack: piece of cheese, or little piece of chicken, sometimes fruit

lunch: a cup of chicken salad w/light mayo, grapes, apples, nuts & celery with cracked black pepper, Iced tea or carrot/orange juice.

aft. snack: handful of d trail mix from the hippie health food store, or a nutrition bar

dinner: usually chicken or pork, sometimes beef, we've had venison a couple times lately. stir fry or grilled (mmmmm deerburgers)with veggies and/or salad. If it's late, frozen pizza or pan-fried chinese vegetable dumplings.

before bed: sometimes frozen yogurt, almost always a big glass of 1%milk

I drink about a gallon of water a day, on on days when I'm training/working out (M T W TH and Sat - ideally, but not lately) I drink more and will have higher protein snacks.

I also drink generally a glass of wine with dinner (red) or sometimes a mixed drink.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com