• left roundkick

1 4.76%
  • right sidekick

0 0%
  • left sidekick

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which is the most common attack??

As has been said repetedly already, the self-defence forms are to teach mechanics and basic technique, i.e. how to kick/block/choke/ect and how to move from one stance to another. It is up to the person to take it to the next level and make the moves work in real life.

yea becca, that seems to be the case in every class i ever attended, i wish i had someone to train with on the weekend that would pretend to be an aggresser like that, just to see if i could react fast enough....hard to find someone that interested in MA.

those punches on the tapes looked more like a sloppy combo of a hook and straight punch and not really either one.

But they were fighting with heart and thats one thing punks have on their side,,they actually WANT TO HURT YOU, and dont care if they get hurt as they dont have to work the next day, dont care what parents think about them as the probabaly live grandma to grandma, and to dumb to know legal liability.

I would say to check out the other MA schools in your area, but I also know you aren't likely to find that knid of school in N. Mississippi. But you might try boxing gyms. From what I understand, they like to beat on MA types, and you can try your hand with several skill types and levels. I've just recently started sparring on a regular basis. My school isn't large, but we have a very diverce mix of backgrounds there.

Originally posted by Becca
    As has been said repetedly already, the self-defence forms are to teach mechanics and basic technique, i.e. how to kick/block/choke/ect and how to move from one stance to another. It is up to the person to take it to the next level and make the moves work in real life.
    That's one of the best things I've read on this board yet.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Wild punches trying to smuther

in my experience I would say it depends in what content the fight is about; bar brawl, mugging or just ****ed of jock blowing off steam...
    Most bar fights are caused by A: Semi-drunk Rugby players using lines like:"What are you looking at" then just wanting to "teach you a lesson" these dont really last long if he smacks you to the ground immediately,
    B: Drunk Rugby player thinks you looked at his girlfriend or you bumped his beer. These can get out of hand, they often use wild punches with intention to "smuther you": smack you to the ground without giving you a chance to counter.
    My answer to "What attack used most": I would agree with Right hook to face. But usually with left hand holding you off.
    "If we dont worry then nothing shall worry us, only then shall we be of sound mind"