Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who is Femon Ong?

Daughters

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    I had heard that Feeman's daughters were accomplished martial artists also.
    You are correct.

I had the honor of watching them perform on 3 different occasions...and they were great....even though they were teenagers at the time.

Their flexibility and smooth movement was something to behold.

Never saw them much during Class...but they did perform at the Few Public Demonstrations held.

I wouldnt want to take them for granted in a fight because they were "just Girls"

JD

Jdk

Hi there!

I was wondering if you could tell me your name?

Post Name

I would ...but then I'd have to kill you~

Just kidding.

I really dont think there is any reason to give up our anonimity on these forums.

The reason being....somebody in our area would take offense at something we posted and show up on our doorstep or School wanting to challenge us.

Not that am afraid...but I have a family to protect.

JD

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    I would ...but then I'd have to kill you~

Just kidding.

I really dont think there is any reason to give up our anonimity on these forums.

The reason being....somebody in our area would take offense at something we posted and show up on our doorstep or School wanting to challenge us.

Not that am afraid...but I have a family to protect.

JD

I understand and respect your decision!

Wink Anonimity

P.S
    I also have never had to use my 357 Magnum or my 9 Millimeter Baretta...and Id like to keep it "just for the shooting range"

JD

a picture of the man we are talking about

a picture of the man we are talking about

more info

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Buda View Post
    After all these years and people are still asking about Feemen.
    I studied under Master Ong from 1969 till his passing, I then went with went with the main school.
    Master Ong left the school under the guidance of Master Al Wasel.
    Master Wasel is as great a healer as he is a Fighter.

If anyone wants to update this thread I'll let you in on some of Ohio's best-kept secrets.

Iron Buda
    Iron Buda,

I was a long time next door neighbor and student of **** Pitts! I worked for him and his father at the shop in Tallmadge and now reside in Florida. My son is at the age where he could appreciate the art and I know **** was working on some videos before his passing. Do you know of where I could purchase some of his materials? Or possible from master ong himself? I had the pleasure of meetin master Ong on several occasions first at a demostration then at his home. I am extremely interested in getting back into the art for health reasons among many. please reply. bradc@yourfbi.com

thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    You are correct.

I had the honor of watching them perform on 3 different occasions...and they were great....even though they were teenagers at the time.

Their flexibility and smooth movement was something to behold.

Never saw them much during Class...but they did perform at the Few Public Demonstrations held.

I wouldnt want to take them for granted in a fight because they were "just Girls"

JD
    JD,

I was curious if you knew of Richard Pitts Jr? I trained with him and he trained under master Ong and I was hoping to get video or film on his demonstrations or any other films on demonstration so I may show my son. Please let me know bradc@yourfbi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gongli View Post
    I'll go further with my statement. Those who know me know me for my bluntness.
    Feeman Ong taught a bunch of stuff. When I was a younger person some 34/35 years ago, I was introduced to Feeman Ong's Kwan Ying do, although it was named Kenpo Karate at that time, Nobody seemed to know what was what. Feeman Claimed to be one of the 10 tigers. 10 tigers of what? I have no Idea.
    There where only 10 famouse figures whom I know of as 10 tigers, and Feemans name isn't mentioned. He also claimed to be trained by the Shaolin Monks, and claimed he was a Shaolin monk, and to be the winner of several death matches while part of the famed Dragon fighting team. "never heard of it". Claimed that the finish to one of his death matches was the removal of a still beating heart of his opponent. Anybody getting the Idea who Feeman Ong was? Claimed that The Monks at the temple in China knew of
    everything going on at his studio's and approved. Claimed that these same monks
    where in the mountains picking rare Chinese herbs for his Iron Palm medicine that sold for $300 to $2100 dollars depending on which 1 gallon mix you purchased.
    Never mind all that stuff about the cultural revolution. There where so many bizarre stories, Its a surprise I didn't give up training altogether.

I will say the study of Feeman Ong's kung fu without a doubt is the biggest waste of time a person could embark upon. Fraudulent training sets, pieces
    parts of this and that. Iron Body training that Is not iron body training but part of the basic training for White crane. basic set after basic set. A mile wide and an inch deep.
    To top it all off, the senior instructors that have been left behind in charge, Alex Wasil or Dr. Alex Wasil, what a load of crap, and the psychotic Robert Kruger,candidate for a rubber room
    if there ever was.
    These two Jackweeds have a complete inability to ever speak any truth.
    completely incompetent in their understanding of the material they teach.
    and they have no problem relieving students of their money while teaching
    some rare qigong out a book that they picked up two weeks prior.

I have had an opportunity to meet several people over the years that trained with this group. I am embarressed for them when they demonstrate their stuff. Someone mentioned Richard Pitts Jr. a long time student and instructor
    under Feeman Ong, I met one of this persons instructors who had eight years of training, This person had absolutely no skill and was on his way to getting hurt.
    I asked him what have you been doing, his reply was that Mr. Pitts beats us,
    because if you can take a beating you where one step up on others... I suppose?

I have trained with some of these people in my past at one time or another, what a waste of time. These people have ruined countless enthusiastic students.
    I think if I hear one more time about how instructors from this group can teleport themselves across town while in some meditative state, honest to God I may
    hit that person.

I dont know about the monks, but many authentic schools knew what was going on in Akron, Instructors in San Francisco laughed and refered to the training here as Chop Suey. I call it Crap. It was quite a cult in the day, still is but not as much. Allen and the rest of them are no better, forms pirates, that prey on
    the unknowing.
    Did people work hard, you bet, like freeken animals! It is a shame that this got into the hands of such ripoff artists,

Some of these folks have gone on to better themselves and get training that is legit, God bless em, I'll leave them to speak if they so desire.

You fight how you train an old kung fu saying goes. Holding stances and practicing *******ized forms for 10 years just wont cut it. Feeman never trained any fighters, The people who could fight, could fight before they met Feeman and thats the cold truth of the matter. Kung fu is for the average person to be able to
    survive against a more potent adversary. I actually witnessed two students with over 6 years of training each get the snot beat of them in a garage kickboxing match against a person with less than eight months of training. If anything the training these guys had, was what got them snot kicked.

Ive seen dozens of posts over the years on this subject, well here is your firsthand account. you no longer need to speculate an Feeman Ong and his
    group of inept instructors.

I could go on and on, but I'll let you guys chew on this for a while

I wouldn't mind hearing more but this time don't sugar- coat it.

In all seriousness, I wish I could have seen Feeman Ong perform or demonstrate a form. I've heard so many stories (both good and bad) I would just like to see for myself. If you feel disillusioned about the Kwan Ying Do system, I would highly recommend Mike Biggie's Shaolin Boxing Academy. When you see him perform the "light bulb" goes on. He has an explosiveness in his movements and you can definitely see the Fa Jing when he demonstrates a form(with and without weapons). He's a nice guy and very down to earth. Not the typical ego-maniac you might expect from somebody so skilled.

Chuang Tzu
    Last edited by ChuangkTzu; 02-10-2007 at 08:33 AM.

I agree,...

Mike B. is a super guy' and excellent martial artist! I am an old' student of Hep-Sing/Green Dragon and not ALL of the training was bad,...most of it was authentic to it's source,(Bai-Yun Tzs') White Cloud Temple,.where Master Ong trained and, they took the Tein Shen Pai approach to forms which is true,.. a little of this' a little of that,...but you can't say Everything there was bad, because it wasn't! I had a very positive training career ther for aprx.' 8yrs., and Master Ong's son Stephen , who is a lawyer now , and his two sisters were Excellent! I also got to see them several times in the 1970s', and they didn't 'Move' like the rest of the Kwan Ying Do family!,..lol' Not everybody is the same,..lol'. Li Ma-Keh

Post Feemon Ong

Quote Originally Posted by Li Ma-Keh View Post
    Mike B. is a super guy' and excellent martial artist! I am an old' student of Hep-Sing/Green Dragon and not ALL of the training was bad,...most of it was authentic to it's source,(Bai-Yun Tzs') White Cloud Temple,.where Master Ong trained and, they took the Tein Shen Pai approach to forms which is true,.. a little of this' a little of that,...but you can't say Everything there was bad, because it wasn't! I had a very positive training career ther for aprx.' 8yrs., and Master Ong's son Stephen , who is a lawyer now , and his two sisters were Excellent! I also got to see them several times in the 1970s', and they didn't 'Move' like the rest of the Kwan Ying Do family!,..lol' Not everybody is the same,..lol'. Li Ma-Keh

I agree 100 % about Mike and Stephen and his Sisters.

I can only imagine their skill level now......they did look different and performed much better than ANY of the students or Head Instructors at the time.

I mean there was just no comparison.

At the time I reasoned witin myself that of course Master Ong's kids would be superior because of the early, consistant and sometimes over sea's training from other Masters that they had the opportunity to have.

I do know really Good Martial Atrs techers whose children chose NOT to follow in their father's footsteps...and many trained only because they were made to.. and once they got close to 18 years old...they usually left the House, or stopped practicing all together.

So I have seen both sides.

Anyone know if Allen, Chicoine, Tony Yang, Monkeyking, have any children ?

I know the late **** Pitts has a teenager who is a "good scrapper"...but any other info out there concerning the Akron Area Teachers Offspring ????

JDK
    "It's not WHO'S right...its WHAT'S right" Truth Comes from many Sources
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [

Post Feemon Ong

I am aware that most of the time, offspring do not reach the Pinnacle of success
    that their fathers did.

There is only ONE Muhammed Ali ( his daughter not withstanding)
    One Chang-Dung-Sheng
    One Gene Chicoine
    One Jackie Chan
    One George Foreman ( even with all those kids)
    One Joe Frazier ( We saw what happened to poor Marvis, his son)
    One Joe Montana

I could go on but you get the point...and YES I am aware of the exceptions..but feel free to list them if you like, I would like to hear about the Offspirng of some of the Local greats...and the Rich & Famous

JDK
    "It's not WHO'S right...its WHAT'S right" Truth Comes from many Sources
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [

kids',...

I know that Si-Fu Allen has two daugthers,(at the time I was there, 70s'),..but, I don't think either one was interested in the art. Bow-Sim Mark's kids',..'however', have made their Mom very Proud! Plus, Si-Fu Gracenin's daugthers did Very well in Wu-Shu competitions,...but now they are studying acting in New York. , & T.V. production in Washington D.C.. Li Ma-Keh

14. JDK,
    I have two children, Serena (age 23) and Logan (age 11).
    My daughter trained from the time she was three years old till she was about eighteen. So she trained about fifteen years. She studied both Chinese and Japanese arts, but her major interest was and is Japanese jujutsu. She is now married and resides in Columbus, Ohio.
    My son has trained for about three years in the Chinese martial arts and is interested in training for tournament fighting. He has just started weight training and keeps pestering me to learn iron palm since he watches me practice it daily.
    Pictures of my children training can be seen at my blog: http://angrymonkeyfist.com/blog/index.html
    Richard A. Tolson
    Last edited by MonkeyKingUSA; 02-16-2007 at 09:57 PM.

Kids',...

My son is 18yrs. old & he won a Silver-medal in Boxing last spring at high school level. It was his first year & he tried it just for fun,..lol'. NOW he's hooked! Even though I don't do/train or have Ever learned 'standard' Golden-Gloves boxing,...I was his Coach,..lol'. So, I just broke everything down to what was legal in the 'Ring',..and it worked,..lol'. My son also plays Trumpet in the High school band & football in 'season'. No real interest in the Chinese arts,..other than 'STILL' trying to get Dad off-guard,..lol'. Li Ma-Keh