Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Wing chun and Kiu sau!

Tom,
    seeing as how I was talking with KJ and not you, I will tell you the same as I told David McKinnon ....

"Mend your ways, keep your nose clean and mind your business."

"I find it funny that you don't like Rene's turn around. I suppose it is a bit uncomfortable." Tom Parker

Never said I didn't like it. I'm not uncomfortable in the least. Don't resort to putting words in my mouth.

"But some of you still don't like it. No pleasing you is there?"

I try not speak for others. What pleases me is not your concern.

"OK, your turn to attack me, my lineage, my kung fu, my financial situation, my loyalty, and my dog.- Tom Parker"

Nah .... I've already pointed out some of your inconsistantcies once. Obviously it didn't help. I've attempted to hold technical discussions with you. It didn't help. In the most sincere manner I say to you ....

-David
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

Hi David.

Originally posted by desertwingchun2
    KJ - In the past we have had very pleasent discussions. Your manner, education and personality resonate from your post. They are often thoroughly enjoyable. This last post raises questions and I must ask them. If you respond, hopefully it is in the manner I described above.
    Grendel has made no secret that he learns the technical aspects of Wing Chun from one of Ken's students; he is not a direct student under Ken.

Who he studies under has zero relevance to the stirrings he sometimes makes on this forum. In anything but technical matters, he represents himself alone in both content and tenor, as we all do and must. That was and is my sole point.

I am very big on being analytically critical, yet I am definitely not an advocate of "us" and "them" games. Too easy a trap to fall into, and reeks too much of wider forms of prejudice for my taste.

This is all I have to offer on the matter, and it has already taken far too much toll on my time, energies, and interests.

If you choose not too, for whatever reason, I hope in the future we will again enjoy productive or enlightening discussions.
    I see no absolutely no reason why we shouldn't.

Regards,
    - Kathy Jo

Originally posted by reneritchie
    KJ,

We are now answering all questions, even those from potential trolls, on my new thread, please stop in if you have time.
    Are you implying that I am a troll?

J/K!!
    - kj

KJ if the massive spike studded club and hidy hole beneath the ancient stone bridge fit...

Nevermind, scratch that, I don't want a beating...

KJ

I would like you to know that I have enojoyed your posts in the past. Like most of us, it appears you are very loyal to your sifu and your wing chun brothers and sisters. With more mature and serious people like yourself we can someday find a common ground to communicate.

Rene, from my perspective I think your being open and honest with your current thread. The answers that you've provided recently seem sincere and I hope have put an end to some of the repetitive questions. It appears, unfortunately, that there will still be a small few that will bogg things down but let's hope we can get past it.

William E.
    Last edited by William E; 05-11-2003 at 08:04 AM.

Desert Wing Chun Wrote: Tom,
    seeing as how I was talking with KJ and not you, I will tell you the same as I told David McKinnon ....

Or What?

David

William,

Thank you. I'm trying to provide a small example, that's all. As part of that, all glasses will be half full, and any bogging will cheerfully be regarded as just another chance to share.

David M.

Please place desertwingchun on ignore and head over to my thread for a more pleasent HFY experience!

Thank you William. Likewise.

Regards,
    - Kathy Jo

Originally posted by Mckind13
    Desert Wing Chun Wrote: Tom,

Or What?

David
    LOL !!!!

Follow your leader and .......

"David M.
    Please place desertwingchun on ignore and head over to my thread ... ! - RR"

-David
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

desertwingchun2,

Yes sifu, Thank you sifu, may have another?

Sorry, I didn't realize this was a private list, esecially when it talks about groups in general. I'll head your words and mend my words as you just spanked me and put me in my place.

[tail between the legs]
    Tom
    ________
    Toys Extreme
    Last edited by tparkerkfo; 04-04-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Tom.

Change and progress are always difficult for some and thus sabotage, concious or unconcious, may result in order to maintain the status quo. And always remember, some few, like arms traders, only thrive when there is disagreement and discention. Please ignore these people and their half-empty glasses and head over to my thread for an empty cup of starbuck's finest!

Rene,

<homer-mode>
    mmmmm....cooooffeeeee
    </homer-mode

Tom
    ________
    CHEVROLET CORVETTE
    Last edited by tparkerkfo; 04-04-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Careful John,

They are like a pack of trained monkey's that know Tae kwon do.
    Small sweaty hairly little...No wait.
    They like to jump up and down and make funny noises.

Maybe we should head over to Rene's post instead.

I have met several of Chris Chan's students. Nice guys.

At any rate I see the humor in canlong's posts. When I met some of the HFY people in person they were very nice and fun to work with. When they get on the internet they go rabid and start quoting from the fortune cookie manual.

My hopes for all of us is that we could explain our positions clearly, take comments without getting offended, and like my hero Rene work toward friendship and understanding.

David,

For those who wish to be commercially successful in martial arts, Tae Kwon Do, kids Karate, and Cardio-Funk-Do for the moms are the ways to go! You fill up valuable Dojo time, increase your revenue base, and create steady/stable cash flows to ensure your success.

Monkeys might also be good for attracting attention, but might be a lot of overhead. At least you'd get to test your skills against the PETA ninjas!

And thanks for recommending my thread, the most presitigious and successful thread in HFY history. All are welcome.