Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brian Gray: Your Thoughts

GeneChing Guest

suff

Yeah Teri went there and I don't have a single story about her. She went to our 10 year and next year is our 20th (LORD!) so maybe she'll be there again.
    I don't know Frank but that doesn't mean anything...

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

suff0beast Guest

interesting

how time does go by. That's ok, I have heard alot about him and his Tiger-Crane instruction. I may pick up a few of the videos from the WLE site. personal instruction is always the best, but viseo is the next best thing when you can't get find someone or if scheduling doesn't match their training schedules...

Rick

Losttrak Guest

=p

Maybe she'll bring Howie. =K

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

suff0beast Guest

GeneChing - Wing Lam

Gene,

I was just looking at the WLE site and the videos. I have a thirst for knowledge as you may have already guessed, and alot of questions to ask. I know everyone at one time or another has probably been or heard of people in my position that would like to take on training, however due to lacking of schools/instructors and a work schedule that is insane which most schools don't offer training in those time areas. I am left with little to no choice of resorting to Videos, and self modification of techniques taught via Video.
    So here is my question to you as a student and a teacher to respond w/.
    If I buy the Wing Lam Hung Gar videos (be it 1-2 at a time or a whole set) would it be the same curriculum, training as if I was to go to the school?

To break alittle bit more down, drop the personalized training aspect of an actual sifu/student relation and take a look at a perspective of a Kempo student of 5yrs who picks up info really fast and can determine alot of factors in movements, can visualize attacks/defense, and can put together ratios of where stances are, where the hands should be or can be, so on and so forth.

Do you (honest opinion please) believe that I could pick up good training, and learn it effectively?

Let me know and maybe I can set a goal to learn a very well rounded system from legit instructors, both northern and southern. And then I can attend seminars, special classes at the actual schools (if I am in the areas) and receive the personalized training that is missing.

Thank you,
    Rick

diego Guest

dam im like a mr.ching sidekick////

if you have good kenpo ive been reading on these boards thiers alot of politics....if you have good kenpo you already have a understanding of ranges and zones in combat"i study some kajukenbo".
    from that you could spend the next couple of years developing the aura of the art,but eventually you must or have to seek personnal instruction just to make sure your motions are applicable.

dfedorko@mindspring.com Guest

suffObeast

A year or so ago Master Gray had a special offer for the first five tapes and I think it was $120.00 (1-5). You know more than I when it comes to 6-12 cause I haven't heard a word. I am a Chen stylist and Iron Palm practitioner. My Lao Shr for Chen is Kam Lee from Jacksonville, FL. I met Master Gray late in 1995. I have been to all of the Iron Palm conventions except the first one. I couldn't make it so I ended up in Lakeland, Florida meeting Master Gray for the first time. I have been with him for a little over six years. To read what you said of your first meeting with him is hard for me to believe. I have never known him to be that way. In closing I will say again that although he is not Chinese, he is the real deal. He practices what he preaches. Have a good day.

Damia

dfedorko@mindspring.com Guest

suffObeast reply to Hung Gar training

I have had training in Hung Gar and what I would like you to do my Kung Fu brother is email me at dfe****o@mindspring.com before you purchase any more tapes and let me see if I can assist you. Have a good one.

Damian

GeneChing Guest

suff & diego

suff: Wing Lam's curriculum is the basis of WLE's videos. Of course, direct teaching is more interactive so it is far superior (and that alters the curriculum) but I believe you can learn from everything. I even learned something from David Carradine's video (how not to act and dress!)

diego: Cool. A sidekick. Can you wear tights and a mask? ;)

Gene Ching
    Asst. Publisher
    Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com

suff0beast Guest

learning

Cool, I will be checking some out then.

Thanks,

Rick

ttt 4 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Disciple View Post
    All I can say is that he talked up his training of Anthony Michael Hall and showed pictures of him doing his kung fu in a mag. I wasn't impressed.
    I know, I know, what necro-fu to dig up this ol' thread. But it mentions AMH, and for the record, that AMH article was run in our SEP 2000 issue: A Touch of Hope . . . Anthony Michael Hall's New Journey By Brian Gray. I guess it wasn't that hopeful in the end after all.

Anthony Michael Hall Sentenced to Three Years' Probation for Assault
    3:54 PM PDT 9/20/2017 by the Associated Press

Getty Images
    Anthony Michael Hall

Prosecutors say the actor and a next-door neighbor in Playa del Rey got into an argument in September 2016 that ended with Hall pushing the man to the ground.
    The Breakfast Club actor Anthony Michael Hall has pleaded no contest to shoving a neighbor who fell and broke his wrist.

The 49-year-old Hall entered the plea in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday to one misdemeanor count of assault likely to produce injury.

He was immediately sentenced to 40 hours of community service and three years of informal probation.

Prosecutors say Hall and a next-door neighbor in Playa del Rey got into an argument in September 2016 that ended with Hall pushing the man to the ground.

Hall was a staple of early-1980s teen movies including The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles. He more recently appeared in The Dark Knight and on the TV series The Dead Zone.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart