Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've been driven over the edge...

I've been driven over the edge...

You all know I usually post stories of me helping out people being robbed, beaten, etc... well, here's another, but this time, they got me...

My wife was out with one of her girlfriends last night, and I had just happened to look out my window - I saw two guys trying to break into a car. I could tell they had no idea whatsoever what they were doing though. They couldn't get into it, so they started casing other cars. I called 911 (yeah, it's a joke in my town) and they said that they'd send officers over. they tried to hit several cars, and I just sat and watched from my window, contemplating whether or not I should go after them. about 30 mins later, my wife called saying she was at the front gate - I told her not to come home, and told her what was going on - I didn't want them to see her and try anything, for whatever reason they felt they might have. She insisted on coming home, saying she'd feel safer in the house with me. I told her to come to the parking lot, but not to get out of the car until I got to her, and she agreed.

As I was going downstairs, she was pulling into the parking lot - the two guys were standing in the middle of the street looking at her in the car, not moving. after about 2 seconds, she maneuvered the car around them and found a place to park. When I came out of the breezeway, they saw me went to the side of the building, like they'd left. I thought nothing else of them and walked my wife upstairs.

about 30 mins after that, we heard an alarm go off - it was the car right next to mine. We guessed that they had tried to break into it and ran when the alarm went off. That was about the time that the cops showed up (over an hour after we called them) they circled the complex, then I received a phone call from the 911 dispatcher saying the cops wanted to talk to me. I went downstairs and proceeded to start cursing.... turns out that the car next to mine had a sensitive alarm - it went off when the two *******s busted my windows out. I can tell it took some effort - the rocks they used actually cracked in half, and they still couldn't break all the glass, but enough damage was done. I did a police report and told them that what I bet happened was that the punks figured my wife had gotten a good look at them and could ID them, so they wanted to scare her.... after the cops left, my suspicion was confirmed - I was taping the windows up, when I noticed a piece of paper in the floor of the back seat. It read:

"b!tch, next time don't look so hard!!!
    - black marvin and tony red"

wtf?!??! I got a good look at them, and she did too - she's familiar with one of their faces really well, as he tried to flirt with her one day she was getting food from the fast food place he works (used to work?) at. LOL, even though she's cute and petite, she grew up in the hood, so that didn't scare her at all - all they succeeded in doing was p!ssing me off, and they did that very well. Someone tried to break in to another car in our lot two days ago - probably these same idiots, so I'm sure they'll be back. Plus, they may have more of their "scare tactics" for my wife - I'm gonna be watching though, as are several friends of mine.... If they come back, for their sake, I hope they believe in a higher being that is capable of saving them.

In the meantime, I'm gonna take the note to the precinct - it should have some prints on it, and maybe they've got a record
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

4 words

Black Handed Shoulder Throw
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Unhappy

Bummer. Sorry to hear that.
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

Jeez that sucks man. It gives it a different level of worry when its your loved one that gets involved.

It does not sound like you guys have a neighborhood watch

Stay safe and keep us posted.
    Regards

Sounds like its clobbering time.

Watch for knives.

strike!

Re: 4 words

Originally posted by Water Dragon
    Black Handed Shoulder Throw
    Great minds think alike

BlackJack,

nah, no watch. They do have security though - off duty cops that get discounts for patrolling the complex at night - I guess they were out getting donuts.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

These guys were breaking into cars for over 30 minutes, and no one came out of their apartments to say anything? That's part of the problem, right there. Why not round up 3 or 4 people living around you and confront these guys?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Watch your back. They sound like the kind of $hits that'll jump you when your back is turned.

Be careful and keep us posted.
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Cheese Dog
    Watch your back. They sound like the kind of $hits that'll jump you when your back is turned.

Be careful and keep us posted.
    That's the answer to MK's question. Also, the fact that it was going on 1 am, so most people were sleep. There are only two people in my building I trust can fight worth a crap and would be willing to fight beside, and both of them were out - one showed up when the cops got there. The threee of us fully intend on watching the bldg. Other than the three of us, it's mostly women, cute ones at that. It's a bachelor's paradise, but little help in this situation.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

I can understand a fear of retaliation. But, these guys will probably be back anyway because your community failed to act against, or even recognize, them.

More than likely, two or three guys standing on a balcony watching them would have been deterant enough. Or why not just open your door and anonymously yell "Quit fukking around with the cars"?

Heck, take pot shots with a BB gun next time.

Not acting makes you just as responsible for the broken windows in your car.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

blackjack said:
    It does not sound like you guys have a neighborhood watch
    I'm gonna be watching though, as are several friends of mine....
    they do now Be careful man, thats real su(ky and i hope it didnt cost much $$$ to get your car fixed!

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

Re: Re: 4 words

Originally posted by SevenStar

Great minds think alike

Well, personally I'd try to sweep the front foot and then kick out the back knee, but I'm built different than you
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Man, that sucks, Seven. Look on the bright side, though; you and your wife are okay, you're only out a few windows, and you have enough evidence to make it likely that they'll get caught... one way or the other.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Whoops..No, No I mean this: No This
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

Hope you hurt those MF's in some way - or that they don't bother you anymore.