Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Kentucky Fried Thread

Hybrid View

This hurts my head on a Monday morning

It hurts my head because 1. this news even exists and 2. there's this perfect decade+ old thread on our forum for posting it.

KFC Japan Celebrates 'Colonel Day' With Fried Chicken Computer Accessories, Jewelry
    posted on 2014-09-04 22:00 EDT by Lynzee Lamb

If only there was a way to make computer keyboards and mice tastier, crunchier, and fried. KFC Japan is ready to fill the marketing void in chicken-based computer products with some limited edition items to celebrate "Colonel Day."

Colonel Sanders is celebrating his birthday, and on the auspicious day of its creator, KFC Japan is holding a Twitter campaign where participants have a chance to win one fried-chicken mouse, one keyboard with chicken keys, and one giant fried USB memory stick.

Tasty.

Tastier.

Tastiest.

The fast-food franchise is also giving away 47 pairs of fried-chicken earrings. In total, 50 winners will be chosen after the campaign ends on September 24.

To enter, Twitter users need to follow KFC, link to the campaign's promotional page with the hashtag “#KFCカーナルズデー” (“KFC Colonel's Day”).
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

If you only glance at it, that 'drumstick' looks a lot like something else, and it ain't a piece of chicken, unless it's chicken that's been eaten, digested and excreted. And can someone actually 'win' with earrings like that?

that chicken leg usb is FRIGGIN AWESOM

I NED PLS GIVE

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

I NED PLS GIVE
    I too would like to have a chicken Leg USB drive.
    We get nothing like this here!

Dam U lucky Japan...

also kudos on the decade old necro thread ~G
    database is almost sentient at this point...geez
    Kung Fu is good for you.

KFC rules Asia

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

I NED PLS GIVE
    I thought of you when I found this.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    also kudos on the decade old necro thread ~G
    database is almost sentient at this point...geez
    Thanks! Nothing like a little search engine fu to spit out all sorts of archived gems.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

What happens when bawang dumps his gf

This one is for you again, buddy. In fact, this whole freakin thread is for you.

Lovesick Chinese woman, 26, dumped by boyfriend spends entire week in KFC
    Depressed Tan Shen, 26, from Chengdu, in China’s southwest Sichuan Province, decided she needed some fried comfort food to get over her ex
    Yahoo News – Tue, Oct 21, 2014

Central European News - Depressed: Tan Shen makes herself at home in KFC. (CEN)
    A lovesick Chinese woman dumped by her boyfriend spent an entire week in a KFC eating chicken wings.

Depressed Tan Shen, 26, from Chengdu, in China’s southwest Sichuan Province, decided she needed some fried comfort food to get over her ex.

She stopped off at a KFC near a train station by her home, but ended up staying for a whole week because she ‘needed time to think’.

Tan even phoned in sick to work to stay at the KFC, with her break-up clearly hitting her very hard.

She said: ‘I was walking around feeling miserable and decided to stop off at the KFC at the train station.

'I hadn’t planned on staying there long, I just wanted some chicken wings.

'But once I got in there and started eating I decided I needed time to think.

Tan Shen spent a marathon session in KFC because she 'needed time to think.' (CEN)

'I didn’t want to go back to my apartment because it was full of memories of him. So I stayed.'

After a few days employees at the chicken shop began to get concerned.

Worker Jiang Li Lung, 22, said: 'We work in shifts here and the restaurant is open 24 hours a day, so we get a lot of people coming through.

'At first no one really noticed her.

'But after a few days I began thinking she looked really familiar.

'Then I realised we had been serving her for the past three days and that she hadn’t actually left.

Tan Shen eventually left the KFC when she was approached by local media. (CEN)

'When we asked her if she was ok, she said she was and just needed time to think.

'And then asked for another box of chicken wings with extra large fries.'

He said the woman wasn’t doing anyone any harm so they let her stay.

He added: 'She was after all a paying customer, even if a bit of an odd one.'

After a week Shen decided she’d had enough when local media turned up and decided to write about her.

'I decided the best thing to do would be to leave the city and go back to my parents.

Tan Shen stayed in the KFC until she 'sick of the taste of chicken'. (CEN)

'I had already told work I was off sick, so phoned them and said I was leaving.

'And I was getting sick of the taste of chicken so there was no point in staying there anymore.'

She then boarded the next train to her parents' home in Quingdao city in east China’s Shandong Province and left.

Waitress Jiang Li Lung said: 'I guess we kind of miss her. It certainly made work more interesting.'
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    This one is for you again, buddy. In fact, this whole freakin thread is for you.
    This is what she looked like before eating KFC for a whole week

Name:  pic.JPG
Views: 1614
Size:  27.4 KB

This has bawang written all over it...

KFC Japan adds more breast to their chicken with ‘sexy’ new LINE character
    Jessica
    8 hours ago

We all know Japan likes to have a character for just about everything, and we also know the country has a long history of sexualizing things that really don’t need to be. So KFC Japan’s new mascot character of a sexy anthropomorphized chicken with huge boobs should surprise no one. And yet, I confess myself surprised. Or maybe creeped out is a better way of putting it.

The character is promoting KFC Japan’s new boneless chicken pieces and is part of a set of free stamps for the popular messaging app LINE which can also be used as coupons at the fast-food restaurant.

As you can see, the booby chicken is the main star, but there’s also a male chicken character—with a bone, naturally—and a very pervy-looking cartoon Colonel Sanders.

The characters even have a whole backstory. The male hunk of meat is Momofu (roughly “thigh guy”), while she’s Muneko (“breast girl”). Apparently, they are a newly married couple. He proposed to her with a manly hone-don (a play on the kabe-don meme using the word “hone” or “bone”) and she keeps things hot and heavy with her sweet sayings and poses.

I’m not sure there could be anything more wrong with this, unless they wanted to add a touch of cannibalism by having Momofu and Muneko themselves chow down on some KFC. But then again, the campaign has just started, so maybe that’s down the line. And it wouldn’t really surprise me either.
    I find it rather disturbing. It'll probably give me nightmares.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kentucky Fried Thread.... Kentucky Fried Movie

Did anybody else ever see this movie. slap-stick comedy. late 70's/ maybe early 80's. some short clips-

https://youtu.be/NKVXAftwLso

https://youtu.be/Lydiy-VcB_4

zinc oxide skit-

https://youtu.be/DaDJdHPykEA

Chicken Licken FTW!

I deem this double post worthy.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Colonel of Two Worlds

Oh DC. At what price?

KENTUCKY FRIED COMICS

Watch Colonel Sanders & the Flash team up to fight evil The Hard Way in a new comic book from DC Comics! Read it and then check out more of the Colonel’s adventures at colonelsanders.com.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

'murican fud

KFC is serving fried chicken sandwiched between 2 glazed doughnuts at dozens of locations, and people are freaking out
    Kate Taylor Sep 17, 2019, 8:00 AM

KFC's "Kentucky Fried Chicken and Donuts" sandwich. KFC
    YUM Yum Brands
    117.23 1.92 (+1.70 %)

KFC is adding doughnuts to the menu alongside fried chicken at more than 40 locations in Norfolk and Richmond, Virginia, and Pittsburgh.
    Customers can order a combination of fried chicken and doughnuts, as well as a sandwich that wedges fried chicken between two glazed doughnuts.
    The sandwich is already polarizing people on social media.
    Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
    KFC is now serving doughnuts at dozens of locations.
    On Tuesday, the fried-chicken chain announced that it was testing its "Chicken and Donuts" menu items for a limited time at more than 40 locations in Norfolk and Richmond, Virginia, and Pittsburgh.
    The options are a basket that pairs chicken on the bone or chicken tenders with one or two doughnuts, and a sandwich with a chicken fillet between two glazed doughnuts.

KFC's basket with fried chicken and doughnuts. KFC

The chicken-and-doughnut meal will cost $5.50 for one doughnut and $7.50 for two doughnuts. The sandwich is priced at $6, or as a combo meal for $8. KFC said customers can also add a doughnut — served hot — to any meal for $1.
    KFC said in a press release that it was using the test to evaluate whether customers are craving chicken and doughnuts on a national scale.
    According to a representative, the doughnuts will arrive at stores already cooked, and when a customer orders them, the doughnuts will be dipped in the fryers and glazed with a vanilla icing to ensure they are hot and fresh.

The fried-chicken/doughnut mashup is already polarizing people on social media.

Some saw the menu item as a dangerous option for KFC to offer.

—Steve Marmel (@Marmel) September 17, 2019

Blair Guild

@BlairGuild
    KFC wants us to die so badly https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/st...50116291653633
    Kate Taylor

@Kate_H_Taylor
    KFC will test Chicken & Donuts for a limited time only in Norfolk/Richmond, VA and Pittsburgh

View image on Twitter
    7:21 AM - Sep 17, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    19 people are talking about this
    RANsquawk

@RANsquawk
    I'm not one to bang the drum with "clean eating" but this sounds absolutely horrendous https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/st...50116291653633
    Kate Taylor

@Kate_H_Taylor
    KFC will test Chicken & Donuts for a limited time only in Norfolk/Richmond, VA and Pittsburgh

View image on Twitter
    7:18 AM - Sep 17, 2019
    23 people are talking about this
    Some people were intrigued.

Travis

@travislylesnews
    Road trip, anyone? https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/st...50116291653633

Kate Taylor

@Kate_H_Taylor
    View image on Twitter
    7:06 AM - Sep 17, 2019
    See Travis's other Tweets
    Kathryn Watson

@kathrynw5
    Who wants to go on a road trip with me? https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/st...50116291653633

Kate Taylor

@Kate_H_Taylor
    View image on Twitter
    7:05 AM - Sep 17, 2019
    See Kathryn Watson's other Tweets
    Sarah Cooper

@sarahcpr
    This looks disgusting when can I try it https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/st...50116291653633

Kate Taylor

@Kate_H_Taylor
    View image on Twitter
    7:22 AM - Sep 17, 2019
    32 people are talking about this
    Some blamed KFC's new test on Popeyes' recent super-successful chicken sandwich.

Connor O'Brien

@connorobrienNH
    This chicken sandwich obsession has gone too far. https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/st...50116291653633

Kate Taylor

@Kate_H_Taylor
    View image on Twitter
    7:09 AM - Sep 17, 2019
    See Connor O'Brien's other Tweets
    Addisu Demissie

@ASDem
    .@PopeyesChicken what have you done https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/st...50116291653633

Kate Taylor

@Kate_H_Taylor
    View image on Twitter
    7:10 AM - Sep 17, 2019
    See Addisu Demissie's other Tweets
    Michael Sheetz

@thesheetztweetz
    Your move @ChickfilA, @PopeyesChicken https://twitter.com/Kate_H_Taylor/st...50116291653633
    Kate Taylor

@Kate_H_Taylor
    View image on Twitter
    6:49 AM - Sep 17, 2019
    See Michael Sheetz's other Tweets
    While many people were shocked by KFC's chicken-and-doughnut sandwich, the concept isn't entirely new. Do-Rite Donuts and Chicken, a chain in Chicago, serves a similar menu item, as does Sam's Fried Chicken & Donuts in Houston.

KFC said in the press release that chicken and doughnuts have recently been trendy in areas including Philadelphia, San Diego, and Portland, Oregon.
    whole lotta nope for me. anyone else?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

KFC | I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin’ Good Dating Simulator

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

South Africa? What about Cali? We eat that **** by the bucket.

KFC rolls out first plant-based fried 'chicken' with Beyond Meat – but we have no idea yet if it will come to South Africa
    Kate Taylor , Business Insider US
    Aug 26, 2019, 08:13 PM

KFC is getting into the alternative-meat game.
    KFC

KFC is testing fried "chicken" made with faux meat, the chain announced on Monday.

The chain teamed up with Beyond Meat to make Beyond Fried Chicken.

The plant-based fried "chicken" will be available at a single KFC in the USA starting on Tuesday.

Whether it will ever come to South Africa is not yet clear.

KFC is getting into the alternative-meat game.

On Monday, the chicken chain announced it was testing Beyond Fried Chicken, in partnership with Beyond Meat. The plant-based fried "chicken" will be available at a single KFC location in Atlanta in the USA starting on Tuesday.

KFC said it would consider customer feedback as it decides whether to test the menu item at more locations or launch it nationally in the United States.

KFC in South Africa could not on Monday say if and when the experiment may come to SA.

In May, Kevin Hochman, the president of KFC's US business, told Business Insider he was meeting with the makers of plant-based "meat" because of the rise of interest in meat alternatives.

"If you would have asked me six months ago, I would have said no, to be completely honest with you," Hochman said. "Because we're about fried chicken."

However, if the buzz around companies like Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat translates into long-term customer demand, KFC will need to test a plant-based meat substitute in the US, Hochman said. The chain has already been testing vegetarian fried "chicken" in the UK.

Beyond Meat has recently announced deals with chains including Subway, Dunkin', and Del Taco.

"It's not that interesting to me that really rich people eat super healthy food. It's not moving the needle," Beyond Meat CEO Ethan Brown told Business Insider of the company's recent work with restaurant chains.
    THREADS
    the Kentucky Fried Thread
    Vegetarian
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Wow....just wow

KFC marketing continues to amaze me.

The KFC Yule log is back, but you absolutely should not buy it

What better scent for your home to have other than a fried chicken establishment?What better scent for your home to have other than a fried chicken establishment?IMAGE: KFC
    BY DYLAN HAAS
    MASHABLE SHOPPING
    5 HOURS AGO

The holiday season is now upon us, and KFC has swooped in to stress us the hell out with the return of their "herbs and spices" fire log. That's right, for the low cost of $18.99, you can have your home smelling just like the fried chicken restaurant that is definitely not as good as that other fried chicken restaurant.

KFC's limited-edition, cursed piece of firewood is made from 100% recycled materials — a kind gesture — but that's where the positives stop. The main downside? It makes everything around it smell like musty meat. To quote Mashable culture reporter Chole Bryan, who's had first-hand experience with this seasoning-scented monstrosity: “Meat out of context is not a good smell.”

Walmart's description of the item states that it's a "great gift idea for family and friends," among other things — which we agree with, assuming you dislike both your family and your friends. If that's the case, then by all means, treat them to three hours of fast-food-centric aromas and the menacing presence of Colonel Sanders himself. While the weather outside is frightful, why not give your home a scent to match, right? (Seriously, do not do this.)

Surprisingly, the user reviews for the log are glowing: "Salivating over this smell," (are you?) one reads, "interesting concept," (is it?) says another. No matter the case, we think you're better off getting an actual chicken combo from the popular food chain proper while an actual Yule log burns away in the background. But, if you really want to hurt someone's feelings or are looking for a great gag gift, you can grab one at Walmart (just don't say we didn't warn you).

The KFC Yule log is back, but you absolutely should not buy it
    KFC Limited-Edition Herbs & Spices Firelog — $18.99
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips